1911Forum banner

RRA Photo Thread?

149K views 133 replies 73 participants last post by  Glock Holiday 
#1 ·
I've noticed that most manufacturer sections have a photo thread for their respective brands. Would some of you RRA owners post pictures of your pistols? I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy looking at them.

#56 ·
My Short Elite Commando

What do you think? I just love the short Government Model!! Recoil is snappy and more fun. The gun has the German Prove House stamp from 2005 and the gun dealer told me that the complete pistol has a plasma coating on it. A very tough finish. One thing I especially like is that there are no markings on the entire gun besides the RRA address and the S/N. Recently the original Novak rear sight was changed to the Heinie Straight-8 version. Very nice sight picture. I choose the tall sight which shoots a little bit high at 25 meters for a 6 o'clock hold, so the standard Government version would have been the better choice, but I can live with that. The Novak sight that came with the gun shot too low. But I still like fixed sights. I use the pistol even for 25 meter target tournaments (two hand hold) an it's much more accurate than I can shoot. On a good day ...I tell you...
So, my suggestion...give the Commander length a try.

Shoot and have fun.

tezet

Attachments

#60 ·
have a good customer that had it bought it five years ago i have been bugging him to sell it well he did. Very happy truly one of the best semi custom gun out there, i was looking at yours but auction ended they are only going to rise in price i dont believe they will start making them again :bawling:
i wouldnt sell mine

#61 ·
A few new ones of my Basic Carry.

El Paso Comabt

Bianchi Yaki Slide

I pocket carry all my Magazines

#79 · (Edited)
I wondered the same thing. Like you, I have not seen another Rock River with front strap dimensions like this one. I bought it essentially new-in-box a few months ago. From what I understand, this pistol was made and assembled by RRA (not sold in the white) circa 2000/2001. It may have been made with a lower cut at the request of the original owner. Perhaps others on the forum more knowledgeable than I can comment.

What I do know is that this gun functions flawlessly, has a stellar (DCM legal) trigger, and is very accurate. I really like the classic lines and the clean slide. I would love to find a Limited Match to go with it.

#81 ·
If you look at page 1 you'll see my EC's which have serial numbers within 50 of drdfletcher's gun, and mine are high cut. I ordered them around 2000, took delivery in 2001 IIRC. At any rate I have the high cut and they did not ask me if I wanted anything different.

May have been part of the standard hardballer package (traditional undercut), or may have been by request, I don't know. But my EC guns built at about the same time have the high cut.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.