More money more money more money - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-23-2020, 03:49 PM

Contractors around here are calling their employees back. Some are on government construction jobs. Many are refusing to return. Openly saying they're making too much money on unemployment. Say they'll come back when the gravy train ends. Jobs may not be there by then.

This whole thing has been wrong headed from day one.

Can't believe how many are still drinking the Kool Aid and scared witless about catching the Wuhan Flu.

Last edited by Barefootdog; 05-23-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanajim View Post
We can hope, I suppose. As for 'depression vs. printing money'? Well, as the saying goes: 'All roads lead to Rome.'

ALL paper money eventually returns to its inherent value. ZERO.

Burning STACKS of Reich marks in 1923, to keep warm.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:23 PM

Meh.. Trump was a Dem, now he's a "Republican". He's also screwed with at least one gun-bill.

One can not trust him and still enjoy the absolutely endless ranting and liberal-tears, the hair-pulling and tantrums of the whole damned spectrum and world.

Anyone doesn't like him? Run a better candidate - and I mean left or right, since neither idiot Party has learned a damned thing except "MO! Give me MO!"

blah-blah.. Commies.. Urban.. Blah.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootdog View Post
Contractors around here are calling their employees back. Some are on government construction jobs. Many are refusing to return. Openly saying they're making too much money on unemployment. Say they'll come back when the gravy train ends. Jobs may not be there by then.

This whole thing has been wrong headed from day one.

Can't believe how many are still drinking the Kool Aid and scared witless about catching the Wuhan Flu.
Yeah, well, the jokes on them....
“Refusing to return” is not an option. We have had several pull the same BS. We also warned them that we are required to notify the state that their job had been recalled. They still refused. The state was notified, their unemployment benefit was cancelled for refusal to return to work. Guess who is calling for their job back.......Not gonna happen.....
Old 05-24-2020, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Yeah, well, the jokes on them....
“Refusing to return” is not an option. We have had several pull the same BS. We also warned them that we are required to notify the state that their job had been recalled. They still refused. The state was notified, their unemployment benefit was cancelled for refusal to return to work. Guess who is calling for their job back.......Not gonna happen.....

Yes!!!

And I would think most employers unable to get their workers would do the same.

Hopefully they can fill those slots without them somehow as well. It would really be to bad if those idiots couldn't find another job.

Last edited by Dddrees; 05-24-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:06 AM

Several of these examples were the first ones bitching that they shouldn’t have to be exposed to this “global pandemic” and are suffering an “unsafe work place”. All the good catch phrases were tossed in for good measure as well. None of this happened until all the “extra” stay at home money was announced. Only then was it a crisis. So, we sent them home and recalled folks that wanted to work. Now, all of the outlets are getting busier and we needed them back. Too bad for their ignorance in how the system works. They sure seemed to be an expert a couple months ago! We are optimistic that we will pick up some help from the unfortunate closure of small businesses. We will not re-employ those that chose easy street!
Old 05-27-2020, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Several of these examples were the first ones bitching that they shouldn’t have to be exposed to this “global pandemic” and are suffering an “unsafe work place”. All the good catch phrases were tossed in for good measure as well. None of this happened until all the “extra” stay at home money was announced. Only then was it a crisis. So, we sent them home and recalled folks that wanted to work. Now, all of the outlets are getting busier and we needed them back. Too bad for their ignorance in how the system works. They sure seemed to be an expert a couple months ago! We are optimistic that we will pick up some help from the unfortunate closure of small businesses. We will not re-employ those that chose easy street!
Well it now sounds as there is actual serious consideration being given to giving extra stimulus money or a bonus be given to those who return to work because they will miss out on the extra unemployment money.

Easy answer. You don't return to work you void your ability to receive unemployment and you also permanently void your chance at ever receiving welfare of any kind as well. Tough Love
Old 05-28-2020, 06:07 AM

This has really shown the true colors of many.
The curious part is how so many think the gravy train, short lived as it will be, is more important than a good job they have been at for several years. Half these idiots just say they will find a job somewhere else. Reality says there will be less of that option. A true depiction of the lazy entitlement attitude of the millennial.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
This has really shown the true colors of many.
The curious part is how so many think the gravy train, short lived as it will be, is more important than a good job they have been at for several years. Half these idiots just say they will find a job somewhere else. Reality says there will be less of that option. A true depiction of the lazy entitlement attitude of the millennial.
In my opinion people in general will always take the easiest route. It's just human nature and the majority will do that. Not all but most will make that choice. However the workforce has drastically changed since I first entered it when I was 13 in 73. That is if I can count my 20 to 30 hour part time job back then. We have a much more lazier and unreliable work force if that's what you choose to call it now than what we did then. Most of the people I talk to would agree.

As a country not all of the changes between the time I was young and the time I am now much older have been for the good.

Last edited by Dddrees; 05-28-2020 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:37 AM

Spread the Debit Virus
Old 05-28-2020, 09:54 AM

Hmm, I wonder.

https://basicincome.org/basic-income/
Old 05-28-2020, 11:53 AM

Thats awesome!!
What happens when the little turds AC goes out in the summer and they start bitching because there is no one there to fix it?? Why work if there is free money! Those that choose to work will gouge everyone because the demand for service is sky high. Hey, wait a minute...black market labor!!!!
Old 05-28-2020, 02:28 PM

One of the problems is the perception of work.
Work is an honor.
I love working.

I work a very tough physical job,
and I really enjoy it.
I like the people I work with . . .
I even like the managers that are always totally disorganized!

I do ALL the maintenance on my truck and my wife's car.
Including the full service of the AC systems.

I do a good portion of the maintenance on the rental property we live on,
'cause the company that own's it doesn't do it,
and I just like to see things in good working order.

I really enjoy making things happen.

I mean what else am I going to do?
Watch Bosch?
Well yeah, I do watch Bosch.
But aside from that.

At the end of the day, I can look around and see the improvements I've made.
Why not?
I love tools!
Old 05-28-2020, 02:34 PM

Payroll loans and Bonus Unemployment is a catch 22. Does anyone have a brain in Washington?

Lets give money to businesses to pay employees, and at the same time give people money to stay home.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB-1911A1 View Post
...... Does anyone have a brain in Washington?

By and large, the people we send to D.C. are not there because of any unique brilliance or exceptional skill, nor any sense of altruism, for that matter. They are there because they possess that type of personality that craves authority and control over others and can convince the masses that 'they' know what is best for us. Make no mistake, that applies to all parties. We can argue degrees till the cows come home, but it doesn't change anything. And, as far as convictions or principles go, well, let's put it this way: you can't survive in D.C. for 25, 35, or 40 years unless you sway in whatever direction the wind blows at a given moment. If you didn't, you'd snap like a twig and be gone before you knew it. Just take a look at the one-termers who have disappeared in the haze.

Now, this isn't unique to our moment in history. What is unique to our time is that the sheep have been dumbed down over the decades to the point of senseless group think. If you don't believe that, just stop and take a close look at this latest Corona absurdity.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:04 AM

The best part is that tons of the money is being handed out to people that are still working and never missed a beat! What’s that all about? Sure, temporarily help those that lost their job and the unemployment $$ don’t make it, but good grief, I see these guys making more money than they did at work and they are giving their employer the finger as his business goes down the toilet. WTH
Old 05-29-2020, 07:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
The best part is that tons of the money is being handed out to people that are still working and never missed a beat! What’s that all about? Sure, temporarily help those that lost their job and the unemployment $$ don’t make it, but good grief, I see these guys making more money than they did at work and they are giving their employer the finger as his business goes down the toilet. WTH
Sorry I understand that feeling but the fact that anyone is getting more than needed is simply just pissing me off as I would like to see whatever is used to be targeted as smartly as possible. As the debt just escalates and this thing has the potential to be extremely problematic it would be much better for all if we used whatever was used as wisely as possible.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:21 AM

Pure sarcasm, thus the “what’s that all about”.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Our "citizens" have a range of financial situations from living paycheck-to-paycheck to a comfortable lifestyle. IMHO, our government handing out significant money, not based on any need analysis that I'm aware of it ludicrous. And, one size fits all, doesn't make sense to me either.

NRA Life Member
Old 05-29-2020, 07:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Pure sarcasm, thus the “what’s that all about”.
Sorry, I missed that. Early and a combination I guess of simply not being in the mood.

Funny but really stupid. In a briefing yesterday where people were being told they would have to work a few extra hours when some of the same organization still have yet to come back to work and they were bitching. They simply don't understand the simple fact is that right now they are extremely fortunate to have a job. In fact I still see those bitching as possibly not having jobs soon if this thing doesn't get going soon. Some people just don't get it. Those others may just not be invited back.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredRod View Post
Our "citizens" have a range of financial situations from living paycheck-to-paycheck to a comfortable lifestyle. IMHO, our government handing out significant money, not based on any need analysis that I'm aware of it ludicrous. And, one size fits all, doesn't make sense to me either.
Lack of actual leadership.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:47 AM

I'm lucky enough to be one of those that never stopped working and never missed a beat. The same for my wife. Due to certain circumstances last year (2019) our combined adjusted income came in under the $150,000.00 threshold. In fact I'm on the hook for just under $20,000.00 I have to pay for taxes. We received a deposit for a little over $400.00! WHY????? I didn't need it, I didn't expect it nor did I want it believe it or not. Makes absolutely no sense to me what so ever. I took that money and gave it to the local VFW they can always find a good use for the money. Unbelievable
Old 05-30-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
..... IMHO, our government handing out significant money, not based on any need analysis that I'm aware of it ludicrous. And, one size fits all, doesn't make sense to me either.
IMHO.....Dems and Repubs both handing out money like crazy......This is both sides essentially buying votes.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
IMHO.....Dems and Repubs both handing out money like crazy......This is both sides essentially buying votes.
You are definitely right. Politicians buying our votes with our own money. Sure glad President Trump wasn't a part of that, so that I can vote for him with a clear conscience.

NRA Life Member
Old 05-30-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
You are definitely right. Politicians buying our votes with our own money. Sure glad President Trump wasn't a part of that, so that I can vote for him with a clear conscience.
LOL ‼️. Crack me up‼️‼️‼️