1911Forum banner

RIA 1911 45 Stainless .... Duracoat

9K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Giesterfarher 
#1 · (Edited)
RIA 1911 45 - Stainless Duracoat

Just finished reassembling my modified and refinished RIA 45. Had to share a few poor cell phone pics. I'm pretty happy with the outcome of the whole thing.

I put on a new beavertail, new Warrior rear sight, adjusted the trigger pull slightly, and refinished with Duracoat Satinless shake n spray. I'll be putting together a detailed thread of the whole process this weekend; with better pics I hope.

See less See more
#13 ·
Thx again guys. Look even better the more I look at it. :)

The rear sight is from a "warrior" 3-dot set designed to fit the standard GI cut and narrow tenon front. Removing the front and staking in the new was just a bit beyond where I wanted to go as a DIY project. I wanted to see if the old would work after getting a coat of blk and a dot, but I do think it's gonna be low. Looking at it; i'm sure the groups would be about 4" high. In another week or so; I'll get a local 1911 smith to set in the new front to match the rear. I want to give the finish plenty of cure time first.

#17 ·
I duracoated an older model Remington 1100 I had just like that once. Your 1911 job looks better than what my 1100 job turned out. Really nice. I have often wondered what duracoating a pistol would look like. Thanks for the pics.

#18 ·
You will not find any RIA 1911's in stainless as none were ever manufactured. But Armscor on the other hand had a run of stainless 1911's at one time long ago.

Here are a few of mine.
Armscor Tactical in stainless chambered in 45ACP!

Armscor Target in stainless chambered in 45ACP!

Armscor Compact in stainless chambered in 45ACP!

Armscor Compact in stainless and blue chambered in 45ACP!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.