I'm a Taurus fan, but. . . - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 12:55 PM

I'm a Taurus fan, but. . .

I have owned Taurus handguns and enjoyed them (especially the PT1911); however just found out what their service is all about. Returned a Millennium G2 9mm for service. I was informed that I should not expect completed service for 6-8 weeks. Wow!

Not upset that the firearm had to be returned; stuff happens. 6-8 weeks seems like a ridiculously long time for a repair, however. I guess sales are really good or they are grossly understaffed.

Recently sent a Ruger for service and it was returned within 7 working days (no kidding). That is SERVICE.

This will make a difference in my decisions about future purchases. Too bad.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:15 PM

It depends on their workload. I had a 9 day turn-a-round on my PT92AF about a year ago.
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM

I've experienced four to six week turnarounds from Springfield Armory. So? I've still had excellent service from them, and I knew upfront what the expected time frame would be. Now, if you sent in your pistol for a 2 week turnaround, but it took 6 to 8 weeks then I would expect you to be dissatisfied. So they told you 6 to 8 weeks, so what.

Did they actually do anything wrong? A man wiser than me once said to "underpromise and overdeliver", and I still work by that rule everyday. I'd rather a company tell me it's going to take 8 weeks, but deliver on week 4 than tell me 2 weeks and deliver after 6 weeks.

This thread is glaring proof of someone upset over absolutely nothing other than not hearing what they wanted to hear.

Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM

Diamondback sent me a slide within a week, so I think 6-8 weeks is quite a while
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
I've experienced four to six week turnarounds from Springfield Armory. So? I've still had excellent service from them, and I knew upfront what the expected time frame would be. Now, if you sent in your pistol for a 2 week turnaround, but it took 6 to 8 weeks then I would expect you to be dissatisfied. So they told you 6 to 8 weeks, so what.

Did they actually do anything wrong? A man wiser than me once said to "underpromise and overdeliver", and I still work by that rule everyday. I'd rather a company tell me it's going to take 8 weeks, but deliver on week 4 than tell me 2 weeks and deliver after 6 weeks.

This thread is glaring proof of someone upset over absolutely nothing other than not hearing what they wanted to hear.
Thank you so much so your cleaver insights. This is the longest that I have had to wait on any repair. It disappointed me. Glad to learn that you are not disappointed.

Please don't answer. Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drill sergeant View Post
Thank you so much so your cleaver insights. This is the longest that I have had to wait on any repair. It disappointed me. Glad to learn that you are not disappointed.

Please don't answer. Thanks!
Enjoy living life with unmet expectations!

As long as work is done properly, I don't mind waiting. As the old adage goes, you can have fast, good, or cheap. Pick two!
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drill sergeant View Post
I have owned Taurus handguns and enjoyed them (especially the PT1911); however just found out what their service is all about. Returned a Millennium G2 9mm for service. I was informed that I should not expect completed service for 6-8 weeks. Wow!

Not upset that the firearm had to be returned; stuff happens. 6-8 weeks seems like a ridiculously long time for a repair, however. I guess sales are really good or they are grossly understaffed.

Recently sent a Ruger for service and it was returned within 7 working days (no kidding). That is SERVICE.

This will make a difference in my decisions about future purchases. Too bad.
They will have it back sooner

I've sent a couple in and got 'em back in 7-12 days