Help with Hi-Cap Mags. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 12:13 PM

Help with Hi-Cap Mags.

Hello, all. I own a double-stack RIA 1911A2, and I stumbled across the ProMag 20-round mags online. I purchased two, and they're a reeeeally tight fit. Tight like they don't come out easy. Any tips on how to make them fit better?
Old 03-20-2017, 01:35 PM

Look carefully at the finish on the magazine. If it's snagging on something it will leave a shiny mark in the finish. It could be grip screw bushings or screws that are just a hair too long or the trigger bow may be protruding into the magwell or the magazine catch may be catching on the other side of the magazine when you push the release in. The last thing to look at is the front of the disconnector may be protruding into the rear of the magwell and needs to be stoned down until it's flush. Also check the locating tab on the sear spring - it may be too long and protruding into the rear of the magwell. Look up through the magwell with a good light source. You'll see it. Worst case scenario is the new magazines are out of spec and a little too fat. If so trade them off......

Last edited by drail; 03-20-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:13 PM

Will do. Does anyone here have any personal experience with the magazines?

Old 03-20-2017, 03:00 PM

No experience with those specific magazines, but do have some experience with Promag. Didn't listen to someone and once was enough. Google the term "promag sucks" and get comfortable......

I know that's not helpful and the only tip I have is that if it were me I'd just try to get my money back.

Last edited by SSellers; 03-20-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parttimegamer93 View Post
Hello, all. I own a double-stack RIA 1911A2, and I stumbled across the ProMag 20-round mags online. I purchased two, and they're a reeeeally tight fit. Tight like they don't come out easy. Any tips on how to make them fit better?
If you are looking for double stack 45ACP magazines, go with the MecGar P14-45 AFG magazines.
They function perfectly in both my RIA and my SA Hi cap 1911s.