Can Someone Contact Administration Please - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-13-2017, 09:22 PM

Can Someone Contact Administration Please

Sorry to do this, but I cannot get any Administrator to respond to my emails regarding my renewal payment to 1911Forum.
I have sent several emails to the Contact Us link and have no response.
If anyone can nudge them please do.
I cannot post in the forum where I should because I am blocked out, catch 22 situation. Thanks folks and again I apologize.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Please be patient. It's a forum-wide problem and the administrators are aware of it.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:31 PM

Thanks for a fast reply.
I'll wait a while longer to see what happens but then I go
through the procedure to get my money refunded.
I prefer not to, but if the owners don't care then others
like myself will have no recourse.
I'll end this here and wait.
Thank you

Edit: DSK sent you a PM with information regarding this issue, thanks for the help.

Last edited by BluesLou; 03-13-2017 at 10:15 PM.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:31 PM

Problem Solved!

This situation has been rectified and my VIP Status has been re-activated.
I closed my PayPal dispute.
My only concern and criticism is that I never received any emails or PM's
from 1911Forum management even after using the Contact Us section of the website.

Communication with customers needs to be improved.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesLou View Post
Communication with customers needs to be improved.
Their communication with us moderators/admins could be improved as well. We point out issues to them and have to wait days if not weeks for a response. Unfortunately this is becoming a problem with Internet forums everywhere, which have become a cash cow to companies who otherwise have no desire to be involved in their daily operations.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:01 AM

Is this place now Vertical Scope owned as well?
COTEP#782
Old 03-19-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Their communication with us moderators/admins could be improved as well. We point out issues to them and have to wait days if not weeks for a response. Unfortunately this is becoming a problem with Internet forums everywhere, which have become a cash cow to companies who otherwise have no desire to be involved in their daily operations.
dsk,
It was my guess that the "them" you refer to would not really respond until users started asking for refunds as I did with my PayPal dispute.
These owners/managers need to wake up and realize this Forum is a product. If you don't maintain quality control the product will suffer.

I enjoy the forum very much but will be very cautious when it comes time to renew. I don't fault the moderators, if the owners don't care then the only way to affect them is don't purchase the product.

I think the moderators do a good job here. This is one of the better forums around.

I was wondering if there is a list of the moderators on the forum somewhere so that they can be PM'd or is the 'Contact Us" the default required method. Who monitors the Contact Us portion? Management or moderators?
Contact Us never elicited a response back to me so I found it worthless in my experience.
Many forums list there moderators on the site so that they can be PM'd if there are issues.
Who actually owns this Forum? I'm sure members would like to know.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesLou View Post
dsk,
It was my guess that the "them" you refer to would not really respond until users started asking for refunds as I did with my PayPal dispute.
These owners/managers need to wake up and realize this Forum is a product. If you don't maintain quality control the product will suffer.

I enjoy the forum very much but will be very cautious when it comes time to renew. I don't fault the moderators, if the owners don't care then the only way to affect them is don't purchase the product.

I think the moderators do a good job here. This is one of the better forums around.

I was wondering if there is a list of the moderators on the forum somewhere so that they can be PM'd or is the 'Contact Us" the default required method. Who monitors the Contact Us portion? Management or moderators?
Contact Us never elicited a response back to me so I found it worthless in my experience.
Many forums list there moderators on the site so that they can be PM'd if there are issues.
Who actually owns this Forum? I'm sure members would like to know.
Good morning Blueslou - there are two ways to determine who's a moderator or admin: 1) When scrolling through posts in various threads, the admins and/or moderators have the "Admin" or "Moderator" badge by their screen name, as well as a title below their screen name; and 2) if you come into the forum, you can scroll to the bottom to see the active users that are on and the Admins and Moderators screen names are shown in bold. Once you choose one to PM, you can PM them with your subscriber status problem and it will get to the right folks to handle. Thank you for being a member, and especially a site supporter here.
Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Dillon RL550B
Old 03-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Retired Administrator

Every sub forum's first page ( Threads in Forum ), has at the bottom right of each page, a list of the Mods assigned to that sub forum. Clic on a name to be taken to their page where you can contact them.

Last edited by Noklue3; 03-19-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noklue3 View Post
Every sub forum's first page ( Threads in Forum ), has at the bottom right of each page, a list of the Mods assigned to that sub forum. Clic on a name to be taken to their page where you can contact them.
Thank you
Yep, there it is as obvious as anything.
I didn't do due diligence to find it.
Learn something new everyday, sometimes whether I want to or not!! :-)
Old 03-19-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noklue3 View Post
Yes, I had totally forgotten that one, thanks.
Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Dillon RL550B
Old 03-20-2017, 06:09 AM
Retired Administrator

Also, at the bottom of the first page (forum subforum list), there is : which shows all the staff.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Hey @BlueLou,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of communication you've experienced from your emails via Contact Us. We are glad to see that everything worked out for you. Were you able to send us a PM? I checked our inbox and we did not receive one from you. Unless that was one of the other issues you were facing, then again - we apologize for the inconvenience. We get many emails on a daily basis and we (VerticalScope) own many other sites/forums as well and do our best to respond to them on a first come first serve basis, as quickly as possible.

Please note that our mods do have admin tools so if you have any issues, they are more likely to be able to assist you (and respond much quicker). If it's a matter beyond their control, they will contact us but that being said, as mentioned above, we do our best to get to all the inquiries we come across as soon as possible.

We thank the community and the mods for your patience and understanding as we come together to help out one another. We appreciate it more than you'll know.

Cheers,
Natalie