Can you Defend Against a Mob at all? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-23-2020, 04:05 PM

Can you Defend Against a Mob at all?

The link below contains a lot of useful info about why the "Protestors" are destroying American History and what that may mean - and it is relevant to 2A as it involves the Mob getting control and taking away ALL Our Rights.

But, more focused, about three quarters of the way through the discussion Carlson talks about a woman who found herself surrounded by a mob in her car - and drove through them to escape after a gun was pointed at her when she would not open her car door.

If you think you might use your Second Amendment Rights to defend yourself if you and your family is ever in a similar situation, you will want to read - and think deeply, about it.

She, the victim of Mob violence, was billed by NPR as doing a "vehicle attack" and an "extremist" "attacking protestors"!!! She escaped, but is now a villain, apparently, for being surrounded and having the nerve to try to save her own life. I suspect if she had shot anyone she would be in jail right now, up on charges as a "racist hater" - if the crowd had not have killed her on the scene, first. Something to think about - and possibly talk to family, friends about using caution - and your elected representatives about restoring Law and Order, soon.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...ican-monuments

CC

Certified Law Enforcement Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer
Old 06-23-2020, 04:58 PM

Can you Defend Against a Mob at all?

There is no defense against any mob that has the unconditional backing of the news media.

The news media has become the fourth branch of the federal government.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:22 PM

I did some heavy thinking about that after watching how they were blocking the freeway and attacking people during the Ferguson riots.

If there's nothing but meat in front of me, I'm dropping the hammer and coming through. But all it takes is one idiot ahead of me to stop for them, and I'm trapped. My state's DOT has most of the freeways and some surface roads turned into chokepoints with Jersey barriers, steel fencing, or deep ditches; no way to get off the road, no way to turn around. It was a real eye-opened when I realized how much of the local road system is a trap.

We haven't had any "disturbances" in my area, but I only go to town when I have to, and I check the web for news before heading near the Capitol anyway. I try to abide by John Farnam's three rules: Rule 1: Donít hang out with stupid people. Rule 2: Donít go to stupid places. Rule 3: Donít do stupid things. I don't have anything to prove, and I'd prefer to stay far away from trouble. But sometimes trouble shows up anyway.

On a good day I use the cane. On a bad day, it's the crutches. "Run away" isn't on the table. So I recently set aside my favorite EDC for a serious upgrade in firepower, and added a long arm to the truck.

No, it's not enough firepower to take on much of a mob, particularly if any shoot back. But I'm not in good-enough shape to survive what Reginald Denny went through, so I'm not going down alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Reginald_Denny

"Paramedics who attended to Denny said he suffered major trauma and came very close to dying. Soon after Green took Denny to the hospital, he suffered a seizure. His skull was fractured in 91 places and pushed into his brain.[11] His left eye was so badly dislocated that it would have fallen into his sinus cavity had the surgeons not replaced the crushed bone with a piece of plastic.[12] A permanent crater remains in his forehead despite efforts to correct it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2020, 05:22 PM

If I am in fear for my life from a mob, I'm driving through them, over them, whatever it takes. Same if they open my car door. Shoot 'em and deal with the legal consequences later. They bring it on themselves.

Remember when Bernard Goetz, the NY subway shooter shot a group of teenage thugs (all convicted criminals) in 1984? It got real law-abiding on the subway system for a while.
Equal opportunity, not equal outcome.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
If I am in fear for my life from a mob, I'm driving through them, over them, whatever it takes. Same if they open my car door. Shoot 'em and deal with the legal consequences later. They bring it on themselves.

Remember when Bernard Goetz, the NY subway shooter shot a group of teenage thugs (all convicted criminals) in 1984? It got real law-abiding on the subway system for a while.
I just watched a documentary about that guy. Amazing he got off with all the talking he was doing. Apparently he didn't believe in the 5th amendment
Old 06-23-2020, 05:51 PM

And to answer the original question, no, You can't defend yourself from the mob. You are white and complicit in slavery. Choke on your white privilege and take whatever the mob gives you. You deserve this.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:06 PM

Yep. If it's gonna' go down, make sure they serve in the Afterlife.

Biggest question is: how many times will this occur before the Law abiding, 2A compliant, "trying to get along", "why are we even voting" crowd gets (hehe) "triggered"?

Do you plan on turning yerself into the cops when you have to run over rioters/thugs? Do you trust the cops - let alone DA - or judge to be rational and fair? Are you prepared to also suffer bankruptcy from all of the above?

Maybe it will be a daughter, niece, sister, wife, etc - do we continue hand-wringing and declaiming "we need more REPUBLICANS (or LAWS)!"?
Old 06-23-2020, 07:23 PM

I'm not white, I also have at minimum a G32c with 5 mags and zero reservations about mowing people over. They will move or die
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 06-23-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
And to answer the original question, no, You can't defend yourself from the mob. You are white and complicit in slavery. Choke on your white privilege and take whatever the mob gives you. You deserve this.
That seems to be what they want us to believe....hell, many folks seem to be accepting of this mentality....kneeling down, shining their shoes and other acts of showing allegiance to BLM-movement.

The whole thing is a movement....a big ole bowel movement.

I've never dreamed that we'd see such unparalleled open racism....these people are chanting, painting and carrying signs saying "kill white people". They are out of control in their acts of violence against each other and whomever dares to oppose. Heck, the media & the mayors are condoning this open hate.

Media, Mayors, Governors and other politicians moving to defund the police ????

Absolutely insane.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:28 PM

When there is only ONE survivor, they get to tell the story.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longarm View Post
Do you plan on turning yerself into the cops when you have to run over rioters/thugs? Do you trust the cops - let alone DA - or judge to be rational and fair? Are you prepared to also suffer bankruptcy from all of the above?
Man, that's a good question, I had not considered that part. The question is so good, I don't even know how to answer it, which is really crazy, actually. Never would have believed all of this 10 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2020, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I know you said this with sarcasm, so maybe you should have used a "roll eyes" emoticon at the end to emphasize that.

A big enough mob? Maybe I couldn't survive, but a heck of a lot of them are going with me. When they point a gun at me, or try to open my door (which is always locked) to drag me out and do who knows what to me (it would never be a good thing they would want to do to me), they get answered with force for their use of force. Simple.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 06-23-2020, 07:57 PM

Crazy is wondering if the looney left will use July 4 as a "Tet Offensive."

The thought bothers me. It's our Nation's birthday, which we now know a large chunk of people consider illegitimate. This year they may choose to express it in a more vociferous manner.

Stay frosty.

And if mayhem presents around me and I use force to defend, I am not calling the cops. Let them come if they dare... or even care.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 06-23-2020, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubfromGa View Post
That seems to be what they want us to believe....hell, many folks seem to be accepting of this mentality....kneeling down, shining their shoes and other acts of showing allegiance to BLM-movement.
I know right? Definitely the first people to be loaded on a train. Heck, they'll even load themselves.

My idiot liberal friend is 100% this kind of person. Guarantee you she's out there shining up the shoes and giving 'em 10 bucks, like she can even afford it. That's the craziest part. She's goes on and on about white privilege, as a white single mother who really is struggling to make it. I feel terrible for her, but she will not listen. She is steadfast in her beliefs.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
I know you said this with sarcasm, so maybe you should have used a "roll eyes" emoticon at the end to emphasize that.

A big enough mob? Maybe I couldn't survive, but a heck of a lot of them are going with me. When they point a gun at me, or try to open my door (which is always locked) to drag me out and do who knows what to me (it would never be a good thing they would want to do to me), they get answered with force for their use of force. Simple.
I hate Emoji's, I believe they're contributing to dumbing down the population as a whole. You're right, I should use them, but I won't. Just barely started using lol.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
I hate Emoji's, I believe they're contributing to dumbing down the population as a whole. You're right, I should use them, but I won't. Just barely started using lol.
Lol.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longarm View Post
This is the choice everyone has to make. Rather than be seriously hurt or killed by a pack of brain-dead lowlifes, I'd rather do what I needed to do to protect myself and take my chances with the legal system. Judged by twelve or carried by six.

Remember a few years ago when the military had this fun training program against "zombies"? I think this is what they were really training for; some sort of national emergency (famine, disease, economic depression, larping Leftards) that required their intervention.

Last edited by TominMO; 06-23-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

I understand completely! I have certain things I will not do on any public media - it's all personal decision here. There are many forms of dumbing down, but the most prevalent is in the public education system and "higher" institutions of learning. Not so "high" in standards of learning IMHO.

Human history is replete with examples of how "commoners" subject themselves to all sorts of atrocity, nothing new here. Those that pioneered this country wanted none of that, and formed a new nation of individual responsibility with recognition of the fact that SOCIETIES are built by those of common thought: societies with personal responsibility, self sufficiency, and individual thought and work ethic do well, but the opposite philosophy results in what we see today in anarchy, self-worship and aggrandizement, dependency on government, and all that goes with evil and self-destruction. What most people in society believe as a value system, becomes the base for their society, and all that they implement as their value system becomes either a building block or a destructive tool to degenerate all that they could become.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Old 06-23-2020, 09:28 PM

I'll add there is secondary reason I wipe down every individual round and mag I carry, if I can avoid any type of report I will. Not worth my time or hassle, if I shot at all it's because someone crossed the line badly. If a mob tried to kill me I would not even fuss slightly over the targets I hit, I would be mostly angry about vehicle body damage and ammo costs.

Happens at home I'll be annoyed by brake blast damaging interior paint and having to touch stuff up. I have absolutely no sympathy for these types of degenerates.

Irony was I was at the range today with my fiancť and dad since we thought it is a good day to practice with the rifles since me and my so just got back from a full week of handguns at the forum meet. It was very abnormally busy for a Tuesday with many new shooters and we were directly asked by one who was concerned by us wearing armor and doing drills off a timer what exactly we were practicing for. I just flat out told him to eliminate rioters if they give us an excuse, priceless expression I tell ya.....people are just not really ready for what it may come to.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 06-23-2020, 10:01 PM

Mob got to my Dad's cousin during the McDuffie riots.
Shoulda carried and been in a gas guzzlin V12.
Spent months in the hospital.
Protesters who bring their young kids to their riots fooled him.
Sad but true.

Peaceful protest is not an issue ....but rioting, tearing down whatever upsets you etc etc etc has no place here!!!
Out of control kids... nothing more... nothing less

I guess I will apologize once again for what I had done did, as I said to Pachmayr and others decades ago.

"Regrettably the stripes on our flag, with the whites being even and the reds being wedge shaped, that I will make perfect wedge shapes for both red and white on the next run."

These days, when some bend over they will only get ------ in the end.

Imagine if people were all in the bandwidth of normal then Cops would just help those that needed assistance.
We are a nation that has everything except for that.
Sad but true.
Attached Thumbnails
F566A54E-400B-43D8-9314-51CA64512F56.jpeg  

Last edited by Imissedagain; 06-23-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:02 PM

One day the mob is going find out that a 30 caliber will give a defender a twofer, threefer, or possibly a fourfer.
Old 06-23-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos Parate View Post
One day the mob is going find out that a 30 caliber will give a defender a twofer, threefer, or possibly a fourfer.
If it's M2 AP I'd even wager for a fiver.

I'll settle for just a 3 for 1 with 150 gr fmj 30-06

Gotta get a pigsticker for my M1. Oh yes. What's another 1.5 pounds hanging on my belt...
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry

Last edited by Old Grey Hare; 06-23-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Colt View Post
The link below contains a lot of useful info about why the "Protestors" are destroying American History and what that may mean - and it is relevant to 2A as it involves the Mob getting control and taking away ALL Our Rights.

But, more focused, about three quarters of the way through the discussion Carlson talks about a woman who found herself surrounded by a mob in her car - and drove through them to escape after a gun was pointed at her when she would not open her car door.

If you think you might use your Second Amendment Rights to defend yourself if you and your family is ever in a similar situation, you will want to read - and think deeply, about it.

She, the victim of Mob violence, was billed by NPR as doing a "vehicle attack" and an "extremist" "attacking protestors"!!! She escaped, but is now a villain, apparently, for being surrounded and having the nerve to try to save her own life. I suspect if she had shot anyone she would be in jail right now, up on charges as a "racist hater" - if the crowd had not have killed her on the scene, first. Something to think about - and possibly talk to family, friends about using caution - and your elected representatives about restoring Law and Order, soon.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...ican-monuments

CC
Can you? Yes. Will it end as it should? Tentative maybe.

The fellow in Albuquerque, NM that had to defend himself from rioters is a perfect example. He shot in self defense. He did get arrested. Of course the media slandered the living Hell out of him.

As I said in another thread - the media is not our friend, and they never will be.

But at the end of the day, the DA had to acknowledge that, with all footage available, it looked like a lawful shoot and charges were dropped. For now.

He's not officially off the hook yet, I think they're trying to railroad him just like Atlanta is trying to railroad the officer that shot Rayshard Brooks. So you can, just don't expect the media, politicians, or anyone else to have your back.

As I've always asserted, it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. And if I'm surrounded by a mob that's going to beat me to death regardless, I'm taking as many as I can with me. My other favorite assertion - I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood...maybe that wouldn't be such a bad way to leave it.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:57 AM

All you can do is try to stay out of large cities. They have become kill boxes.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drail View Post
All you can do is try to stay out of large cities. They have become kill boxes.
I avoid them like the plague. Having said that, I moved to where I am 22 years ago when the population here was 20k. My youngest son told me a few days ago that the population here in my town is now 200k. Sometimes it grows up around you. So far, it is still an okay place with no violence, but if I have to sell and move a little further out, I can do so; not a fun idea, but on my radar these days.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972