Man shot 18 times, is ready to get back to work - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 09:53 AM

Man shot 18 times, is ready to get back to work

I gotta say, either God didn't want this guy yet, or somebody was a REALLY bad shot when it came to shot placement.

https://www.westernjournal.com/l/kim...2g8LERaSmCWAx8
Old 05-16-2019, 10:44 AM

I have a friend who was hit 7 times in a gangs attempt to kill her nephew. I'm gonna have to tell her that her measly 7 is meh. Cause this guy survived 18 shots. She also did not driver herself 8 blocks to get help. So yeah her story is now meh .
Old 05-16-2019, 11:35 AM

Wow!
I think this an needs to use my mantra

“God isn’t ready for me yet and Satan has a restraining order against me”

A lot of people, including many doctors are amazed that I am alive, I know I am here because God has a purpose for me, not exactly sure what it is but I do my best, but this guy is so amazingly blessed to still be here!! According to the article he was shot up everywhere. I didn’t catch the caliber but regardless.... just wow!
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2019, 12:07 PM

... and that's why shooting somebody with a 380 just pisses them off!
Old 05-16-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Wow!
I think this an needs to use my mantra

“God isn’t ready for me yet and Satan has a restraining order against me”

A lot of people, including many doctors are amazed that I am alive, I know I am here because God has a purpose for me, not exactly sure what it is but I do my best, but this guy is so amazingly blessed to still be here!! According to the article he was shot up everywhere. I didn’t catch the caliber but regardless.... just wow!
Mine has always been that "God doesn't want me yet and the Devil is afraid I'll take over the place." ;-)

My Mama allus said I was a perfect angel. She also said I had a tarnished halo and soot covered wings.

Old 05-16-2019, 01:30 PM

What did they shoot him with? An airsoft gun?
Old 05-16-2019, 01:33 PM

And he was worried that he was messing up the hotel for the other cleaning staff with all the blood!! Boy, makes you wonder, what if more us game a damn about others to a mere fraction of this degree? Seems like a stand-up guy - no self-pity, no self-righteousness, nothing other than a thanks to God, family, friends, and a desire to get back to work. I imagine he just may fulfill whatever plan is laid out for him.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonHyphenAmerican View Post
I gotta say, either God didn't want this guy yet, or somebody was a REALLY bad shot when it came to shot placement.

https://www.westernjournal.com/l/kim...2g8LERaSmCWAx8
.22 RF? or even a .25 auto?
Old 05-16-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
.22 RF? or even a .25 auto?
18 shots points to a 9mm with a high capacity magazine. The shooter basically emptied the gun on him. The guy was amazingly lucky.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
18 shots points to a 9mm with a high capacity magazine. The shooter basically emptied the gun on him. The guy was amazingly lucky.
Kel-Tec makes a .22 pistol with a 33 round capacity. I have heard of others with 15,16 and 20 round mags. S&W makes a High cap that's 15+1 but I imagine you can also get extended mags for it.
You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:58 PM

Was the victim Chuck Norris? Because that would be perfectly understandable.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:16 PM

I once shot myself in the hand with a pellet gun...
it really hurt, for a couple days. It bled, too!
'99 Colt CCO, Colt Officer's ACP Enhncd, Springfield LWT Compact compensated .45, Springfield LWT Compact Night.45, Kimber Super Carry Pro, Kimber Ultra .40, Kimber Combat Carry .40, Kimber Pro Carry 9mm/.38super, Beretta 92C, M&P PC ported .40 CORE, M&P 2.0 Compact .40, S&W 4040PD, S&W 296 44spl, S&W 65-5 3", S&W 625-6 & 629-2 Mtn Guns.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:04 PM
Administrator

He was most likely shot with FMJ rounds, which suck in pretty much any caliber. As the article stated he was shot all over the face, arms and chest but nothing pierced any vital organs. The ones that hit his head likely pierced the skin, skidded around the skull and exited.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:33 AM

Wasn't his time. Navy Seal Mike Day shot 27 times with AK's & knocked out by grenade. Woke up & resumed fighting. Amazing story!!
Old 05-17-2019, 05:56 PM

9mm and it was a Glock 19.

This is a 1911 forum folks.

It was a Glock in 9mm.

tipoc
Old 05-17-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoc View Post

It was a Glock in 9mm.

tipoc
Shot in the head and neck 18 times and and still alive doesn't say a lot for Glock or 9mm. And I don't think the victim was anything superhuman
You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoc View Post

It was a Glock in 9mm.

tipoc
This thread is in the "General Gun Discussion" subforum, so it's perfectly appropriate. Tons of threads here not on 1911s.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:22 AM

Man shot 18 times....

I read the article, but did not see any mention of the caliber of the bullets, nor the gun used. And yes, it could have been some type of .22.....or hi-cap 9mm....

Although the victim said he leads a boring life and did not know the gunmen, it may have been a drug related issue and a case of mistaken identity.....but this is pure speculation......
Old 05-18-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Could've been a Seecamp .32 and he was so pissed he reloaded three times. Maybe!
Old 05-18-2019, 08:43 AM

EVERY shooting event is 100% unique. While a few generalities apply, drawing specific universal conclusions regarding any single element of the event is not possible. It's also why 'caliber wars' are so silly. Every projectile is 'potentially' lethal and 'potentially' not lethal.

This particular person should buy a lottery ticket, understanding that he also was a recent life-lottery winner.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-18-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmegoose77 View Post
Could've been a Seecamp .32 and he was so pissed he reloaded three times. Maybe!
It was still likely 9mm FMJ bullets, the cheap stuff at lower velocities.
I still bet on the 9mm as criminal people tend to steal the cheap FMJ ammo at the stores. When you walk around Cabelas, Academy, Bass Pro and other big stores, you will see empty boxes of 9mm and 40 S&W nestled here and there. The thieves take a box from the shelf and then later surreptitiously pour the ammo into the purses and leave the stores. Then you have the other type of person that chokes on the high end ammo cost and just gets the cheap box on the shelf instead. Now then us Self defense types of people tend to go for the good stuff, but we don't shoot it all the time and use the cheaper stuff for practice.

If someone had used high end HP rounds this lucky fellow would not still be with us.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:47 PM

God wants him to stay here for a while longer.
Hi Standard Sentinel Deluxe
S&W Model 19
Old 05-18-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
He was most likely shot with FMJ rounds, which suck in pretty much any caliber. As the article stated he was shot all over the face, arms and chest but nothing pierced any vital organs. The ones that hit his head likely pierced the skin, skidded around the skull and exited.
I like modern bullet technology as much as the next guy, but I don’t agree with your blanket statement here. We all know the history of large caliber weapons being just fine settling gunfights. Old world, new world, old west, world wars, etc.

Does anyone know what kind of bullet was fired? Many criminals use anything they can get their hands on. Yep, even different types of rounds in the same magazine. Speculation is never convincing of anything.

The man lived, and that is amazing in it’s own right.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Note that I said FMJ rounds. In the old days (like the Old West) flat-nosed plain lead bullets were often used which usually deformed on impact. Round-nosed and FMJ ball rounds have a really bad tendency to skid off any hard or angled surface such as bone, as Jim Cirillo discovered during testing he performed back in the 1970s as a member of NYPD's stakeout squad. While it's possible the victim was shot with JHP rounds I highly doubt it, as few perps ever get their hands on such ammo unless they managed to steal it from somewhere. I have a strong feeling it was a 9mm loaded with FMJ. Of course if it turns out to be a .45ACP a lot of guys will be crying foul, since we all know it's simply not possible for anyone to take 18 hits of mighty .45 hardball and survive.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Note that I said FMJ rounds. In the old days (like the Old West) flat-nosed plain lead bullets were often used which usually deformed on impact. Round-nosed and FMJ ball rounds have a really bad tendency to skid off any hard or angled surface such as bone, as Jim Cirillo discovered during testing he performed back in the 1970s as a member of NYPD's stakeout squad. While it's possible the victim was shot with JHP rounds I highly doubt it, as few perps ever get their hands on such ammo unless they managed to steal it from somewhere. I have a strong feeling it was a 9mm loaded with FMJ. Of course if it turns out to be a .45ACP a lot of guys will be crying foul, since we all know it's simply not possible for anyone to take 18 hits of mighty .45 hardball and survive.
Actually some years ago, I remember reading about a undercover officer who was shot more than 8 times by the Sheriff using a .45. Worse was the sheriff actually knew the guy too. But he shot him anyway. Now the officer survived barely, A lot of internal organ damage. He had to retire. There was speculation that there was bad blood between the two too. He used .45 HP bullets. Actually it seems the police in Albuquerque New Mexico are always getting caught up in bad shootings that are wrong.

ref https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...st-gone-wrong/

Last edited by earlwb; 05-18-2019 at 09:09 PM. Reason: add more info