Notices

Old 03-16-2020, 09:35 AM

Inmates released

https://fox8.com/news/coronavirus/cu...avirus-spread/
Probably happen in a lot of places
Old 03-16-2020, 10:56 AM

This should end well.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:33 AM

If THAT idea spreads we are truly screwed. Inmates are usually from lower income areas. Places where folks live day-by-day anyhow, BEFORE the shelves started going bare. And few have health insurance.

So if the crims are let out of lockup, into their ghetto of little food, sick folks lined up at Emergency Rooms, wiping their butts with newspapers (clogged toilets everywhere in bad areas) it could get really gnarly.

The freed crooks might assume that they have "nothing to lose" ------ that they're gonna die anyhow.

That doesn't bode well for the people who stockpiled.

I hope I'm wrong & this just makes for a cheesy action flick later on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
If THAT idea spreads we are truly screwed. Inmates are usually from lower income areas. Places where folks live day-by-day anyhow, BEFORE the shelves started going bare. And few have health insurance.

So if the crims are let out of lockup, into their ghetto of little food, sick folks lined up at Emergency Rooms, wiping their butts with newspapers (clogged toilets everywhere in bad areas) it could get really gnarly.

The freed crooks might assume that they have "nothing to lose" ------ that they're gonna die anyhow.

I hope I'm wrong & this just makes for a cheesy action flick later on.
Everyone I know who stock piled ( as I did) is armed to the teeth. I am sure there are some, who will come around to get some takee outee. You got it -they take it. I plan on let them take some buckshot. Bad idea to fool around with preppers.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post

No, this doesn't bode well for those without ammo
Old 03-16-2020, 12:39 PM

But everything should work out.

The plan is to release them all in Champaign Illinois. They have suspended firearms sales there for the duration of the emergency. If the criminals are unable to buy guns then it is reasoned that there will be few problems.

Last edited by USMM guy; 03-16-2020 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Typo.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
The plan is to release them all in Champaign Illinois. They have suspended firearms sales there for the duration of the emergency. If the criminals are unable to buy guns them it is reasoned that there will be few problems.
This is a joke I am hoping. On the Least Coast you can not go into a gun store right now, lines look like at Costco and shelves getting empty on all things.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:57 PM

Unfortunately it isn't a joke.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbert Cannon View Post
We are witnessing full retard.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:44 PM

I went in the LGS today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4110mm View Post
This is a joke I am hoping. On the Least Coast you can not go into a gun store right now, lines look like at Costco and shelves getting empty on all things.
He was out of Varget and running short on .22 rimfire, normal for an election year. He had plenty of everything else.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:50 PM

I'd originally thought the corona virus would have little relationship to armed citizens being prepared.

It's beginning to look as though I was incorrect.

----

(Still, as I mentioned in an earlier thread/post, being armed is an essential element in being prepared for uncertain times. As is obvious and well-known to most Forum members.)

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 03-18-2020, 10:01 AM

the criminals will not even be arrested now
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...o-coronavirus/
Old 03-18-2020, 01:27 PM

So kinda like a cold can of Purge Lite?
Old 03-18-2020, 03:04 PM

IMOA, It's a bad idea that won't end well, time will tell.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:13 PM

Phila PD announced yesterday they will not arrest for "non-violent" crimes. Want to bet that residential and business burglaries will increase?
Old 03-20-2020, 06:36 PM

Some of these people they are letting go shouldn’t be in prison in the first place. They are in prison for things that wouldn’t even be a crime on the other side of the state line.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:54 PM

I can buy this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Some of these people they are letting go shouldn’t be in prison in the first place. They are in prison for things that wouldn’t even be a crime on the other side of the state line.
Victim-less crimes I have an issue with. The government telling people what they can and cannot do just because they can, I have an issue with this as well. The ten commandments are pretty clear. If it aint broken, then dont fix it. Some people just do not get it.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:09 PM

^^^
^^^

Good points providing balance. Perhaps CA is even worse than I thought, if they're imprisoning people for scant cause.

I suppose I may have a bias/stereotype view of those in prison. And it is good to be self-aware of that.

If they should not have been in prison in the first place, then I'm all for setting them free. And such circumstances brings up very basic questions/doubts about the judicial system.

Still, I do not have a lot of trust in the authorities in question. I hope that everyone they're releasing is harmless, but I'm not entirely confident. I'm kind of glad that these releases are (thus far) far from my homes.

----

If those released conduct themselves decently in upcoming months (I think it will be months), it would add weight to any perspective that they should not have been incarcerated in the first place.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 03-20-2020 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:13 PM

As to whether someone should be in jail people will point to druggies a lot and say they should not be in jail because they are addicts. Well how do addicts pay for those habits. They certainly are not 9-5 workers. It all depends on the reason they are in jail and who they have preyed upon to get there.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:54 PM

Well you have to look at the upside.

Taxpayers not having to foot the bill to care for miscreants is a big plus in my book. Will there be some collateral damage from this, no doubt. You pays your money and you takes your chances. Lawyers will be loving this. The first time that some convicted felon victimizes somebody because he or she was let out for this. They will be all over it.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:21 PM

So far nobody has posed the question as to why they are releasing them?
Let me give you my thought on it. They are making room in the jails for all the non compliers who will be arrested when martial law is enacted. Caught out after curfew, your temp is one degree above normal yep you’re getting thrown in a cell.
COTEP#782
Old 03-21-2020, 10:56 PM

The authorities are worried that due to the chronic overcrowding in the jails, that the Covid 19 would spread like wildfire in there.

Which is true.

So what's the difference if they are on the street? Less transmission, sure.

But IMHO, it may be less legal exposure for the jailers, plus some shifting of the health care costs of treating these inmates, should they get sick, to other Govt agencies.

The jails are already underfunded. They don't wanna get sued AND become Perp Hospitals too.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:44 AM

Many of the responses in this thread have me shaking my head.