Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
2A should have technically been 1A.
They're not in any order of precedence. Each stands alone.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRX302 View Post
They're not in any order of precedence. Each stands alone.
True, but they are labeled by number. The notion w/o precedence should have just been the BoR amendments by name only, then start numbering them at 11 as a ref point for additional items.

BoR are the most important ones, and in my view, in context of a free sovereign state, 2A is most important to protect those elements, so why not put in in the doc in placement #1. cant really have freedoms of speech w/o the protections form 2A, etc, which is why everyone needs to open their eyes, demoKrats wish to kill 2A so they can then easily roll over everything else.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
True, but they are labeled by number. The notion w/o precedence should have just been the BoR amendments by name only, then start numbering them at 11 as a ref point for additional items.

BoR are the most important ones, and in my view, in context of a free sovereign state, 2A is most important to protect those elements, so why not put in in the doc in placement #1. cant really have freedoms of speech w/o the protections form 2A, etc, which is why everyone needs to open their eyes, demoKrats wish to kill 2A so they can then easily roll over everything else.
The original BoR as submitted for ratification was 12, and the first two didn't get ratified - they were listed by number originally; when the first two didn't pass the ratification, the ensuing 10 that were ratified were numbered 1 - 10. Thomas Jefferson said in one of his letters that "the beauty of the second amendment is that its purpose is not apparent until needed", so it has been treated as a red-headed step-child of the BoR ever since about 1865 (or there about) by the courts.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 11-21-2019, 08:37 PM

Well as of today.

We have eighteen counties lined up to vote on sanctuary resolutions. It aint over until the fat lady sings. The former Klansman governor is making much fanfare about how he has seen the light, and the progressive (democrat) view of the world is the wave of the future. We shall of course see.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
We have eighteen counties lined up to vote on sanctuary resolutions. It aint over until the fat lady sings. The former Klansman governor is making much fanfare about how he has seen the light, and the progressive (democrat) view of the world is the wave of the future. We shall of course see.
Your only hope is to start contacting various Fed elected officials and demand your state get more ICE patrols and raids, if such counties do declare sanctuary status. It just kinda baffles me as to how folks working in PD's could still work the job knowing they cannot enforce their oath of duty.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
There will be a meeting for Shenandoah County 11/26 in Woodstock if anyone is interested. I'm hoping for a good turnout!
Old 11-22-2019, 10:55 AM

I am refering to second amendment sanctuary status.

Quote:
Your only hope is to start contacting various Fed elected officials and demand your state get more ICE patrols and raids, if such counties do declare sanctuary status. It just kinda baffles me as to how folks working in PD's could still work the job knowing they cannot enforce their oath of duty.
Not illegal immigrant sanctuaries.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:
ah, I see, my bad.
But what does "2A sanctuary" get you? Isn't 2A enough?
Old 11-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ah, I see, my bad.
But what does "2A sanctuary" get you? Isn't 2A enough?
It gets you 2A.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:08 PM

Nottoway county, Appomattox, and Giles counties.

Have already passed sanctuary resolutions. Giles county adjoins my own county of Floyd. Our board of supervisors will vote on the resolution at their next meeting 12/10. Be there or be square!

Nottoway and Giles counties voted unanimously in support of the Sanctuary resolution.

Sic Semper Tyrannis!
Old 11-22-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
It gets you 2A.
Whaaa. Everyone already has 2A.

What this is becoming is a micro patchwork of this & that, will and will not do, etc. I get the meaning of it, not so sure I see the real purpose.

Does 2A sanctuary mean anything to the State? If the State passes BS RF law and a county in VA says "no, we are a 2A sanctuary and will not enforce RF law", I suspect it means nothing for the State and the State RF laws still applies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...ment_sanctuary

What if the 3-way Krat branches of VA passes a law that say "2A Sanctuary" status is illegal, or that the State will no longer fund such places, then what?

I am a bit confused as to the meaningful goal of "2A Sanctuary" when 2A already applies. Why would any place need to declare "2A Sanctuary" when in fact they all already have 2A rights.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:58 PM

Let's just hope the ATF is as efficient at cracking down on sanctuary cities as ICE is.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:02 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Whaaa. Everyone already has 2A.

What this is becoming is a micro patchwork of this & that, will and will not do, etc. I get the meaning of it, not so sure I see the real purpose.

Does 2A sanctuary mean anything to the State? If the State passes BS RF law and a county in VA says "no, we are a 2A sanctuary and will not enforce RF law", I suspect it means nothing for the State and the State RF laws still applies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...ment_sanctuary

What if the 3-way Krat branches of VA passes a law that say "2A Sanctuary" status is illegal, or that the State will no longer fund such places, then what?

I am a bit confused as to the meaningful goal of "2A Sanctuary" when 2A already applies. Why would any place need to declare "2A Sanctuary" when in fact they all already have 2A rights.
I think you are overthinking this.

To me what this shows is the willingness of people at the root level to flip the big single digit salute to their asshole politicians that are forcing this sewage down their throats. It also indicates that the duly elected sheriff, the chief law enforcement officer in that county, is also #iwillnotcomply. And so that too is a good thing. If the Leftard commies want to play games with the "sanctuary city/county/state" BS, well, two can play at that game.

A patchwork, yep, you bet. And if you can't see that this is the national trend in all thing political, then you have not been paying attention. Where does it end up at the end of the day? I suspect I know based on historical models. But you be your own judge of that.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I think you are overthinking this.

To me what this shows is the willingness of people at the root level to flip the big single digit salute to their asshole politicians that are forcing this sewage down their throats. It also indicates that the duly elected sheriff, the chief law enforcement officer in that county, is also #iwillnotcomply. And so that too is a good thing. If the Leftard commies want to play games with the "sanctuary city/county/state" BS, well, two can play at that game.

A patchwork, yep, you bet. And if you can't see that this is the national trend in all thing political, then you have not been paying attention. Where does it end up at the end of the day? I suspect I know based on historical models. But you be your own judge of that.
I think my point was not made. Why even bother with "2A Sanctuary" if the Sheriff and folks there already abide by COTUS 2A? Just don't comply with whatever anti-2A BS the State cares to ink, it's that simple.

Forget the declaration, that's too much ink. And once you do that the State has something to point at, etc. Just uphold COTUS 2A and be done with it.

Anyways..........
Old 11-22-2019, 03:12 PM
Adminstrator

Because, its an "FU" that's why. And FUs are fun especially when directed toward Demcommutards and their lackey judges.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:41 PM

I posted this on another forum today.

Virginia Constitution

I’m no lawyer, however, after reading the proposed SB16 language, it appears to violate several parts of the Virginia Bill of Rights, specifically Article 1, Section 9, prohibiting bills of attainder, and ex post facto laws. It may also violate cruel and unusual punishment, excess fines (class 6 felony, and $50,000 fine).

“Article I. Bill of Rights
Section 9. Prohibition of excessive bail and fines, cruel and unusual punishment, suspension of habeas corpus, bills of attainder, and ex post facto laws
That excessive bail ought not to be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted; that the privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended unless when, in cases of invasion or rebellion, the public safety may require; and that the General Assembly shall not pass any bill of attainder, or any ex post facto law.”

I know silly me thinking that the constitution limits government. Any lawyers care to weigh in on this?
Old 11-22-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Because, its an "FU" that's why. And FUs are fun especially when directed toward Demcommutards and their lackey judges.
Ok, fair enough.

I'm just more of a "fruitful" vs "fruitless" type of person when it comes down to spending taxpayer time and $$$.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
The original BoR as submitted for ratification was 12, and the first two didn't get ratified - they were listed by number originally; when the first two didn't pass the ratification, the ensuing 10 that were ratified were numbered 1 - 10. Thomas Jefferson said in one of his letters that "the beauty of the second amendment is that its purpose is not apparent until needed", so it has been treated as a red-headed step-child of the BoR ever since about 1865 (or there about) by the courts.
This.
The numbering that ended up was purely by happenstance.

"Thomas Jefferson said in one of his letters that 'the beauty of the second amendment is that its purpose is not apparent until needed"'".

It was intended 'that all men be armed.'

It was though tah the 14th Amendment allowed the newly freed slave to have arms, like everyone else.'

It was the Slaughter house cases (1873) gutting the "Privileges or Immunities Clause" of the 14th that sent things off the road.

Last edited by brickeyee; 11-22-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Once states turn blue they never go back to being red again. We are being out-spent and out-numbered. As was said in another thread, there are 60-70 million gun owners out there yet only 5 million care enough about their rights to join the NRA. 5 million is nothing in a country with 327+ million people. The stupid AARP has at least 38 million!
Absolutely right. We have to become active defenders, we have to donate money, work for candidates, and participate and even initiate counter protests to all the Lefts rallies and candidate appearances. The Left took over this country by being willing to get a bloody nose in support of their beliefs and goals. And they are also willing to give a bloody nose...all in the cause of destroying America. If we can't match them in our passion to fight for America, then they haven't taken the country, we have handed it to them.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
This.
The numbering that ended up was purely by happenstance.

"Thomas Jefferson said in one of his letters that 'the beauty of the second amendment is that its purpose is not apparent until needed"'".

It was intended 'that all men be armed.'

It was though tah the 14th Amendment allowed the newly freed slave to have arms, like everyone else.'

It was the Slaughter house cases (1873) gutting the "Privileges or Immunities Clause" of the 14th that sent things of the road.
Yes, the 14th Amendment was a reaction to the failure of the USSC to enforce the original provisions of the U. S. Constitution. Each state that ratified the U.S. Constitution signed on to the BoR and provisions of all the Articles of same to become states, and all those that applied for statehood later agreed to those same conditions/statements of Supreme Law of the Land. That they have not adhered to it is no surprise; those who thirst for power over others have been defaulting on their claimed goals since Man was cast out of the Garden of Eden. Just take a look at the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1792 and the U.S. Supreme Court upholding the constitutionality of those. Nothing new, and yes, we have to be active in self government as a people or we will perish as a people. Simple really.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Old 11-22-2019, 08:39 PM

Declaration of sanctuary sends a pretty strong message.

The Commonwealth of Virginia split into two states in 1861 due to strong held beliefs on both sides. It would not be all that surprising to me to see it split again going forward.

Some might look back to Bleeding Kansas for reference. These Bolsheviks will not have free reign. You can count on that!
Old 11-22-2019, 11:54 PM

The Constitution was written in ink, but it was born in blood. And it won't be saved with ink, it can only be saved with more blood on new battlefields. Discussing it here does nothing for our cause. The fight must be taken to the streets, it must directly confront America's enemies.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:06 AM

Hang around long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
The Constitution was written in ink, but it was born in blood. And it won't be saved with ink, it can only be saved with more blood on new battlefields. Discussing it here does nothing for our cause. The fight must be taken to the streets, it must directly confront America's enemies.
And you may yet see all your dreams come true. And by the way, leading the way comes at the forefront of a battle. Not as rear guard rhetoric.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
Yes, the 14th Amendment was a reaction to the failure of the USSC to enforce the original provisions of the U. S. Constitution. Each state that ratified the U.S. Constitution signed on to the BoR and provisions of all the Articles of same to become states, and all those that applied for statehood later agreed to those same conditions/statements of Supreme Law of the Land. That they have not adhered to it is no surprise; those who thirst for power over others have been defaulting on their claimed goals since Man was cast out of the Garden of Eden. Just take a look at the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1792 and the U.S. Supreme Court upholding the constitutionality of those. Nothing new, and yes, we have to be active in self government as a people or we will perish as a people. Simple really.
Some would say it was enacted to punish the South and there is much truth to that. However, it has been used more and more over the years to destroy the country and our culture.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Some would say it was enacted to punish the South and there is much truth to that. However, it has been used more and more over the years to destroy the country and our culture.
For the most part I agree. If the states had honored their commitment to adhere to the Constitution as written, the 14th would not have been necessary; BUT, we don't live in a perfect world where everyone honors their word and the Founders foresaw that changes in the Constitution would be necessary to clarify or enumerate additional rights not enumerated in the first 10 and therefore clearly laid out the process for amending it. Not ideal, but I don't think any other way of protecting sovereign citizens' rights could be better than what they came up with.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Closed Thread