1911Forum banner

New WC in 38 Super / couple of questions

712 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jim Watson 
#1 · (Edited)
New WC in 38 Super/ Wilson Combat ammo / couple of questions

Hello,

Just bought a new Les Baer Premier II and a new Wilson Combat Classic, both in 38 Super. I'm new to the 38 SA cartridge, but I do have another Baer and another Wilson in 45 ACP.

Also bought some .38 Super Bill Wilson Signature Match, 125 gr. Hornady HAP ammo, and some Remington 38 Super FMJ, 129 gr. ammo, as well.

I usually break in my Baers in 45 with factory FMJ ammo, and although Wilsons don't need a break-in period, I usually follow the same procedure with my Wilsons in 45.

Since I'm new to the 38 Super, which of the 2 kinds of ammo I mentioned above you suggest I break-in my new Wilson and Baer with?

It would seem the Wilson 38 SA Signature Match ammo is underpowered as compared to the Remington (125 gr @ 1100 fps vs 129 gr @ 1215 fps)?

Thanks for your comments. Will also post on the Baer forum -- mods please remove if this is not allowed.

See less See more
#3 ·
If you feel like you need a break-in, and that is the sole purpose of the ammo expenditure, use the cheapest available.

I have a LB 38S Custom Carry, and it ran fine from the start. Nice, nice gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.