1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-27-2016, 04:41 PM

EMP4 G10 Grips

Hi Guys,

Its Matt from Stoner CNC. We have been getting a number of request for EMP4 Grips and a customer was nice enough to send a set to us for a template.

As far as I know no one has made aftermarket grips for this pistol yet. Anyways the pictures show the first set of grips we made and the machinery they are made on.

Right now the website is about half updated for the EMP4 and they are listed on amazon. Right now we just have a slim line versions.... with both a standard bevel and a magwell cut, and can do a thumb notch.

I'll probably be adding a few styles and features depending on what people want on the pistol. We would welcome any feed back. I'm usually too busy to get on the forum but will make a point to do so for the next couple weeks. If this post violates any forum policies, please disregard and delete.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:35 PM

The standard grips on my EMP4 are a thin profile, and it would be nice if some after market grips had the same thickness as the "standard" 1911 grip.

I took a set of Hogue two piece rubber grips, narrowed them by about .05" from front and back. They fit like a glove.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney83 View Post
Hi Guys,

Its Matt from Stoner CNC. We have been getting a number of request for EMP4 Grips and a customer was nice enough to send a set to us for a template.

As far as I know no one has made aftermarket grips for this pistol yet. Anyways the pictures show the first set of grips we made and the machinery they are made on.

Right now the website is about half updated for the EMP4 and they are listed on amazon. Right now we just have a slim line versions.... with both a standard bevel and a magwell cut, and can do a thumb notch.

I'll probably be adding a few styles and features depending on what people want on the pistol. We would welcome any feed back. I'm usually too busy to get on the forum but will make a point to do so for the next couple weeks. If this post violates any forum policies, please disregard and delete.
I just ordered a set or your grips from Amazon, they should arrive late this week. I will give my impression of them. I expect they will be perfectly fine.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendennis View Post
The standard grips on my EMP4 are a thin profile, and it would be nice if some after market grips had the same thickness as the "standard" 1911 grip.

I took a set of Hogue two piece rubber grips, narrowed them by about .05" from front and back. They fit like a glove.
We can certainly do a "standard" thickness grip.... but as of right now only the slim line grips are modeled. That would be a good project for this week.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:48 PM

Thanks for the post Matt you my also want to post this info on this EMP thread :
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthr...57261&page=210
Old 06-03-2016, 11:22 AM

EMP 4 grips

I just received the grips from Stoner. Matt even sent me an email with a picture of the brown and black ones I ordered. They are a perfect fit and they feel aggressive just the way I wanted. I like the aggressive grips on my 1911's. He asked me to email some pictures which I did, so thanks Matt I recommend your grips.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:00 AM

Frame size and thickness

Anyone purchase these grips? I'm interested in the Stoner CNC Concealed Carry model but I'm trying to get and idea for the thickness. On the website I pick "EMP4" and the CC model and the first option is frame size. Options are "full size" and "compact". If I pick compact I get two options for thickness "slim" or "thick". If I pick "full size" for frame size which I would assume the EMP4 is the only option for thickness is "slim".
I have a larger hand and need a thicker grip and want the thumb notch for the mag release. I mounted a set of Hogues from a full size 1911 and they felt good but it's difficult to depress the mag release with them. I'm trying to find out how thick they are and what to order here and emails and phone calls to Stoner don't get answered. My guess is he's busy working though.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:06 PM

Here's a picture of mine from Stoner. Mil Spec Camo Tactical Eclipse w/ thumb notch. Much more aggressive than the stock grips. Feel, fit and look is great. I haven't had a chance to shoot yet, but i think it will be good.
Attached Thumbnails
20170121_192515.jpg  
Old 01-26-2017, 08:57 PM

Here's a picture of the grips I got from Stoner. Tactical Eclipse. Feel, fit and look are great. Can't wait for some range time. Much more aggressive than stock.
Attached Thumbnails
20170121_192515.jpg  
Old 01-29-2017, 03:15 PM

Sorry about the double tap on this post....
Old 01-29-2017, 04:54 PM

Here's my Stoner grips. These are the Concealed Carry in black. A little more aggressive that the factory grips and the thumb notch works great. It didn't take long to get them, maybe a little more that a week. I bought them on eBay.
I got them Thursday and used the gun for an IDPA practice on Saturday and loved the feel. His prices are reasonable so I'll probably buy more.
Attached Thumbnails
EMP Stoner.jpg  
Old 03-18-2017, 05:22 PM

Hi Matt, any updates to additional styles and selections of grips you're offering for the EMP4'S?
Old 03-21-2017, 05:44 AM

I put VZ Grips on my EMP4
Old 03-21-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL1911 View Post
Sorry about the double tap on this post....
Did you check the trigger pull? How about the over travel? haha
Old 06-19-2017, 04:24 PM

Any grips for the MP4-9 CC Contour in your future?
Mine came with the G10 grips and they are much too aggressive for me.
They're actually wearing my clothes on my carry side (open carry during the cooler months.)
I've seen a few out there, but they're much too garish for me.
John