New SW1911 Range Results! - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-27-2004, 08:26 PM

New SW1911 Range Results!

Just got a new SW1911 the other day and finally got to take it to the range. The gun is more accurate than me. It fed over 200 various types of .45 rounds but had one FTF with a Win. Silvertip (so I just shot them all up, Problem solved). No problems with Win. Hard Ball, Gold Dot or Corbon. Thumb safety is nice and crisp. Trigger a little hard on the pull but is ok by me as this is now my new CCW weapon. Take down a pain in the butt. Hey, I'm used to a Glock! Happy to be on the 1911 board! All it needs is an AO Big Dot front sight!
All in all, very happy.
Sloman
Old 08-27-2004, 08:53 PM

COOLDude
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."George Washington
Old 08-28-2004, 01:07 AM

That is great news. Now go vote in my poll!
BTW, the take down gets easier after you do it 100 times or so. (but it will never take down like a Glock!) Happy to see another converted to the old standard. Rest in Peace JMB, we bring another into the fold.
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2004, 07:26 AM

Congrats on the new SW1911! You’ll find that with repetition take down will become second nature to you, you’ll get to a point where you wont need the bushing wrench at all and can just use your thumb or a spent casing.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:18 PM

First 200 rds report

In the first box of 50 rds fired, Winchester White box .230 JHP, I had one failure to feed. The next 100 rds fired through the SW1911 were flawless. Today I went to the range fired one clip of Hydroshocks through the gun with no problem but half way through a box of WWB .230 FMJ I had one failure to fire. Anyone else having probelms with WWB? To be honest this has really made me think twice about using my SW1911 as a HD gun.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
In the first box of 50 rds fired, Winchester White box .230 JHP, I had one failure to feed. The next 100 rds fired through the SW1911 were flawless. Today I went to the range fired one clip of Hydroshocks through the gun with no problem but half way through a box of WWB .230 FMJ I had one failure to fire. Anyone else having probelms with WWB? To be honest this has really made me think twice about using my SW1911 as a HD gun.
I've never had a failure with Winchester ammo but hey, if yours like Hydrashocks better where's the problem? I'd rather Hydrashock for home defense anyway. Besides that your judging the gun before it's even broke in. Give it a minute and a few more rounds.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."George Washington
Old 09-01-2004, 06:46 AM

Glad to hear that DW Dude. Don't get me wrong I love my SW 1911 and after firing my 9mm I came to apreicate the SA over the DA of the nine.