Adminstrator

Well well

First thread, new Forum.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:08 PM

I was wondering how long this would take

I'll be posting as an SW 1911 owner as soon as I track one down

Robert
Old 08-16-2004, 05:23 PM

Long time lurking...thought I'd throw a first post into the first thread in a new section...

On topic, would love to hear from some Sc users who have a fair amount of rounds throuh them. It is a very tempting package for carry in my opinion.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in The Arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes up short again and again...who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold, timid souls, who known neither victory or defeat."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2004, 06:26 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the S&W section! A "home" for many of us at last!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 07:00 PM

Thanks to Jason for our new digs.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."George Washington
Old 08-16-2004, 07:34 PM

Here it is

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, probably Wednesday or Thursday, but I thought I would post a pic of my new baby.

It's my forth Smith and second 1911

Robert
Old 08-16-2004, 09:40 PM

After looking long and hard at the SW1911 and a Kimber TLE....I think I've decided on the SW1911.

My local gun shop had one the other day for $699....and they also had the SC in stock. The SC felt soooo good in my hand, I may pick up both
Old 08-16-2004, 10:03 PM

High count Sc

Have run approx 800 + rds thru mine, in IDPA and action pistol matches, plus at home practices. No problems to date, trigger is improving, even though it wasn't bad to start. Don't think you can go wrong for the price and quality recieved. Up graded for carry w/ NS and "Bobtail" and abosolutly love this piece. Been wanting one since S&W produced the 1st 1911, finally. Only wear showing is color at wear points on Sc frame and where materail removed for "Bobtail", alum' black isn't holding up well. Looking to install a standard recoil rod and cap as soon as found, for ease of press check and take down. Harlie
Old 08-16-2004, 11:05 PM

Good looking guns!
Old 08-17-2004, 06:38 AM

The S&W1911 forum and a cup of coffee.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:22 AM

This is terrific; thanks to the moderators/owners for including this new S&W forum!
Old 08-17-2004, 10:23 PM
MarkW

I think S&W has finally made something that has my interest.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW
I think S&W has finally made something that has my interest.
And which version would it be that you like? I'll tell you, in my opinion not one of them is all that asthetically pleasing to the eye. What gets me is the attention to detail where fitting is concerned. Granted the mag well could have been blended on the PC, but the frame to slide fit is so tight on mine it would worry me if my 945 wasn't the same way and proven itself. A Briley barrel, wilson sights, koenig hammer, and some really agressive checkering among other things make the PC one sweet pistol. The other two full size versions I've handled also had a remarkable attention to detail in their execution. Both were fit nicely and felt very good. I won't bother saying the billboards needed to disappear as thats been well covered.
I have yet to handle an Sc version but from all accounts I've read everything seems to follow suit in build. A step in the right direction for S&W for sure.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."George Washington
Old 08-18-2004, 06:45 AM

What's that?

All this time I was under the impression that S&W only made fantastic double action revolvers and second rate autos.

BUY A HANDGUN....
Old 08-18-2004, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potthawg
All this time I was under the impression that S&W only made fantastic double action revolvers and second rate autos.
Now it's the other way around. They've ruined their chances of ever selling me a revolver untill they fix the holes in em, but the autos just keep getting better and better. I've had to force myself to stop looking at the 952 pc gun.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:18 AM

Finally!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 02:50 AM

Count me in..

After a late start to shooting, just last summer ( I am forty something) my latest purchase is the S&W 1911.
Just picked her up 2 nights ago.
First outing is Saturday.
If the quality is like my 686 and 4506-1 I am sure it will be love all over again.

Great to have a place to ask some real experts questions.
My 1st is. Who sells good mags?
Old 08-21-2004, 07:59 AM

lovetoshoot, I have experience with Wilson 7 and 8 rounders both work great, Mecgar 7 rounders, very good no problems springs are stronger then the Wilson’s, Colt mags from the early eighties, perfect wish I could still buy them, Current Colt mags., good but the follower tips so I replaced the follower and spring with a Mecgar follower and spring, almost as good as the older Colt mags. I buy them from Brownells. On order are some Metalforms to see how they perform.

PS run-on over