Range report SW1911 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-17-2004, 04:43 PM

Range report SW1911

My trip to the range went well today. 300 rounds "Wal-Mart" pack Winchester white box. Two failures , both were failure to return to battery, both were Chip McCormick 10 round "Power 10" magazines that were not fully seated. My fault. Here is a pic of my SW1911 before cleaning.

and a pic of my target with the last 100 rounds, offhand

The flyers are my fault as well. I fired the first 200 rounds as quickly as I could fire and reload, let it cool while I put 50 through my Springfield and did the last 100 that you see on the target.

Anyone else?

Robert
Old 08-17-2004, 08:29 PM

Great gun, isn't it.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:03 PM

It's my new favorite

Robert
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2004, 09:15 PM

I hear that! I fell in love with mine the moment I hit the range with it.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:56 PM

WWB from Wally World

My first time out with my Kimber Stainless TLE II, I used 100 rounds of Winchester White Box 230 FMJ's and it looked identical the the picture at the beginning of this thread. I have since used Blazer 230 FMJ and Remington 230 FMJ along with a lot of Remington 230 JHP's and it does not get nearly as nasty after the same amount of firing. I guess what I would like to know is if this is normal for WWB's. I had always heard WWB was supposed to be pretty good stuff, but while I honestly love to clean my gun, I don't like ten pounds of black grit and brass particles roaming around inside it after shooting 30 out of 100 rounds. Sorry if this is off topic, but seeing thearmedrebel's pic reminded me of my own experience. BTW, I had gotten my choices down to a SW1911 and a TLE, but don't hold my final purchase against me.

Jason
Old 08-18-2004, 01:37 PM

That was 300 rounds

I agree that the white box Winchester stuff is dirtier than other name brand ammo, but it's cheap, reliable and all of my .45's like it.

Robert
Old 08-18-2004, 01:37 PM

Nice Pics! I am glad you are happy with your SW1911. I have had mine for a little over a year now and I am very pleased.
FWIW, I find that Winchester white box is every bit as filthy as your pics show. I have since switched to Blazer Brass or American Eagle. The Blazer Brass is a little under powered, but it is very clean compared to WWB.