Remington R1 Ultralight Executive - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-05-2019, 09:55 AM

Remington R1 Ultralight Executive

I know this is new, but does anyone here have one? I've heard bad things about the PVD finish on Sigs.
https://grabagun.com/remington-80595.html
Old 07-05-2019, 06:56 PM

I own the Remington Ultralight in the Commander Size and believe the PVD finish to be one of the strongest aspects of that gun. I had initial concerns as it does not have a ramped barrel and no insert on the aluminum framed feed ramp, but the feed ramp still looks great after quite a few rounds. I lost track of how many rounds we shot out of it, but we have a decent range in the woods behind my house, and my brother reloads a ton of .45 ACP, so it's had quite a few rounds down the pipe.

I too am very interested in the Ultralight Executive, and hope to purchase one prior to July 31, 2019 to get the rebate. Grabagun has had this gun discounted a couple times to $750.00, and for a day or two like almost a month ago, had it for under $700.00. I regret not being able to buy it when it was discounted but I am monitoring the price daily now. I'll post if I I get one.

Last edited by NCS; 07-05-2019 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Accidental premature posting prior to completion of post
Old 10-17-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCS View Post
I own the Remington Ultralight in the Commander Size and believe the PVD finish to be one of the strongest aspects of that gun. I had initial concerns as it does not have a ramped barrel and no insert on the aluminum framed feed ramp, but the feed ramp still looks great after quite a few rounds. I lost track of how many rounds we shot out of it, but we have a decent range in the woods behind my house, and my brother reloads a ton of .45 ACP, so it's had quite a few rounds down the pipe.

I too am very interested in the Ultralight Executive, and hope to purchase one prior to July 31, 2019 to get the rebate. Grabagun has had this gun discounted a couple times to $750.00, and for a day or two like almost a month ago, had it for under $700.00. I regret not being able to buy it when it was discounted but I am monitoring the price daily now. I'll post if I I get one.
Did you end up getting one? Anyone else?

I'm thinking I want one.

Found this review and it shows a ramped barrel:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...ght-executive/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 07:48 PM

I did not purchase one. The price never went back down prior to the end of the rebate. The lowest price I encountered recently is at Tombstone Tactical which has them for $799.99 shipped right now. I love my Remington 1911's, and even with the night sights, that is just a smidge too high for me for that gun. The ramped barrel is very interesting.

A lot of online retailers have them in stock right now but I wonder if Remington is still manufacturing them. This gun no longer appears on the Remington web site nor does the Ultralight Commander which I own.
Old 12-16-2019, 10:05 AM

Well I ended up buying one from Tombstone Tactical for 789. Put 230 rounds through it on Saturday, 30 rounds of WWB 230gr, 200 rounds of Tula 230gr steel case. No malfunctions and it was pretty accurate with the large dot XS froint sight.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:04 PM

Wish I could get one! But I’m in Commufornia. 😢