WTB: Black plastic MSH! - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-16-2019, 12:17 PM

WTB: Black plastic MSH!

WTB: Black plastic arched main spring housing!

This will be used on a Nelson/Fusion .22 B/E gun.

I had one (Colt's) and sent it to a forum member a few years ago. Who knew I'd be searching for one now?

Thanks,
Old 11-16-2019, 09:24 PM

Are you talking about the black plastic serrated MSH? I think I have one in my parts bin but won't be able to check until Tuesday. IIRC my MSH has some handling marks from use.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:32 PM

Serrated if fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piexcel View Post
Are you talking about the black plastic serrated MSH? I think I have one in my parts bin but won't be able to check until Tuesday. IIRC my MSH has some handling marks from use.
It sounds like the one I had. It was ordered from Brownell's when Colt's parts were available. I sent it to a member in the pay it forward section.

It will be used to fit inside a custom grip for Bulls-eye. These were custom made in the 60's that I'd like to try for my Nelson/Fusion 1911 .22!

What are you looking for I have quite a collection of 1911 parts!

Smiles,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfitch View Post
It sounds like the one I had. It was ordered from Brownell's when Colt's parts were available. I sent it to a member in the pay it forward section.

It will be used to fit inside a custom grip for Bulls-eye. These were custom made in the 60's that I'd like to try for my Nelson/Fusion 1911 .22!

What are you looking for I have quite a collection of 1911 parts!

Smiles,
I wonder if you sent it to me? hahaha

I recall I procured my MSH used (from where I cannot remember). It is arched, and I used it in my Kimber to replace the flat MSH. Then I switched back to the stock flat MSH, and the black arched MSH has sat forlorned ever since. I'll go digging in my parts bin when I return to town on Tuesday.

If I do find the black arched MSH do you want to trade? I kind of dislike the wide thumb safety on my Les Baer. I could use a blued extended thumb safety that's not as wide as the one LB installs on his pistols.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:08 PM

If it doesnt work out I have a black plastic MSH from a Colt Commander. PM me if needed.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I wonder if you sent it to me? hahaha

I recall I procured my MSH used (from where I cannot remember). It is arched, and I used it in my Kimber to replace the flat MSH. Then I switched back to the stock flat MSH, and the black arched MSH has sat forlorned ever since. I'll go digging in my parts bin when I return to town on Tuesday.

If I do find the black arched MSH do you want to trade? I kind of dislike the wide thumb safety on my Les Baer. I could use a blued extended thumb safety that's not as wide as the one LB installs on his pistols.
I don't have a thumb safety but I can recommend the Wilson "Tactical " thumb safety, Brownell's: 965-600-007WB
Tactical, Matte Blue
Mfr Part: 6BN

I do have an blue extended slide stop from Brownell's though.

Smiles,
Old 11-17-2019, 08:34 PM

Thank you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt191145 View Post
If it doesnt work out I have a black plastic MSH from a Colt Commander. PM me if needed.
We'll stay in touch.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2019, 03:31 PM

I have a grey plastic one you can have if you need it. PM me if interested.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:49 PM

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray burge View Post
I have a grey plastic one you can have if you need it. PM me if interested.
Thanks,

I'll contact you if the others don't work out.

Smiles,
Old 11-19-2019, 03:56 PM

Gah! I don't have the black MSH. I looked and item was not in the parts container.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:58 PM

Thanks,

Quote:
Gah! I don't have the black MSH. I looked and item was not in the parts container.
OK, thank you for looking. Happens to me all the time!

Smiles,
Old 11-19-2019, 04:01 PM

Incoming PM...

Quote:
We'll stay in touch.

Thanks
Check messages.

Smiles,

John
Old 11-19-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Check messages.

Smiles,

John
PM me your shipping address.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:28 PM

Sent it today, but it is a grey MSH not black. I hope it works for you.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:57 PM

Thanks,

Quote:
It will be to good use. Bulls-eye guns are for work not for looks!

Thanks,
Old 11-23-2019, 08:25 PM

Oops!

Quote:
Got the MSH today, thank you!

The package says S/S Arched MSH inside was a grey plastic flat MSH! Looks like somebody swapped MSH's and put the original back in the package. It's all good! Now I have another one to pay it forward.

This is becoming a one year saga with one on back order!

Smiles,