1911Forum banner

About Disingenuous Journalism...

3K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Q Tip 
#1 ·
https://www.salon.com/2020/03/23/wh...thats-about-the-last-thing-we-need-right-now/

Full Disclosure: I generally stay away from far left hit pieces, but I use a news app (Smart News) that gathers lots of various things for home page where this showed up.

Yet another article that claims people are only buying guns to “shoot a virus”, completely discounting the dregs of society that break into occupied houses in broad daylight, assault older Americans (and young ones too), carjack others, and are just plain @sshats...though the last is probably not justification for deadly force self defense. And then there’s the thousands of convicted felons that various jurisdictions (liberal, of course) are unleashing onto the law abiding public.

I’ve owned guns for many years. I can easily see why this current run of folks feels a need to be able to defend themselves against psychos that like to spit, cough, etc. onto others (even authorities are calling that a terrorist threat). Total disregard for human life. Then there’s the little groups of wannabe bangers that like to group assault older folks 10 on 1, the big men (and women) that they are.

Just needed to vent a little. Tired of reading articles on how I think I can shoot a virus, written by folks significantly less educated, all in an attempt to dissuade folks from exercising their rights as Americans.

See less See more
#3 ·
Problem with the Internet as a whole, but social media in particular, is that it *IS* a magazine clip-fed fully semiautomatic assault megaphone.

It lets people who are not qualified to be journalists pretend to be journalists, reach a wide audience, who then use social media to parrot what they just read.

The question we must ask ourselves is "how do we fight this," and then implement a solution. But there's no fixin' stupid, so.. here we are.

#6 ·
I want to reply to her, but I will not join twitter or facebook. I find it preposterous that I can't find an email address for this c*nt!

If somoemne has it, share. She needs to hear that it's not to shoot the virus zombies, it's to protect our person and property and family and town when the jobless, moneyless hordes come.

#8 ·
You’ll find that most of these type “journalists” do not leave an easy address to reply. They don’t want anyone to pop their “bubble” ... or completely destroy their ridiculous thesis’ (theses’?).

And while I did try Twitter and Facebook when they first started, those accounts have been long since deactivated (many, many years) and I have no intention of reactivating them. Whenever a business (even a gun/ammo business) states “check our Facebook page”, I pretty much write them off (for whatever they’re pushing on their Facebook page).

#7 ·
You just have to reconcile the fact.

There there is never going to be a shortage of self righteous bone heads out and about spouting their mouths off. The trick is to ignore them. That is what irritates them the most.

#9 ·
CNN ran a similar piece last week, taking particular care to add the adjective "deadly" every time they even mentioned the word gun or firearm. Reading it I became convinced that the two so-called men who authored it (yes, it actually took two people to write it) were a couple of panty-wearing pansies much like Gersh Kuntzman. I get it if someone doesn't like guns, but to act like they're evil devices of death and despair handed to us by the devil himself is taking it a bit too far.

#11 ·
Only now in a lot of jurisdictions.

The police are now allowed to come and take all of your guns just because.

#20 ·
Umm, it's "exercising" their Second Amendment rights. The only ones who need exorcising are the anti-gunners. :mummy:

#15 ·
I can go on about the "media" for days.

The whole problem with internet based media is that we are all exposed to every idiot's thoughts. Other idiots are influenced by this. I guarantee if I made a YouTube video where I took a ball peen hammer and beat myself in the head with it that soon enough others would be doing it.

It used to be that we would get a newspaper, listen to news radio or watch network news on tv. There were standards that applied and to be a news person you had to be credible. This provided a "filter" of credibility and legitimacy to what "news" we were exposed to. If you ran with a false story and were caught you got fired. Ratings of the network dropped.

As a result of this, we never heard about what was running through the mind of some know nothing nobody on the other side of town. Sure, we knew crazies were out there, but their thoughts were not broadcasted to the people because they were not newsworthy. Now every idiot has a means of broadcasting their stupidity world wide. There is no filter of credibility - all you need is followers.

As a result the "truth" has been lost in society. If 2+2 =4, Some will report that 2+2=4 because they hate 5, not because the math adds up. Others will argue that 2+2=5 because they can't agree with 4. We are all exposed to this thanks to the internet and some people will believe it. It's complete nonsense.

Look at the worst representatives in congress. By worst, I mean the ones you see that are clearly unqualified. Maxine Waters comes to mind, AOC is another. Yes, there even a few on our side of the column. When you see these people, who plainly are unqualified to govern, look at who their constituents are. Who voted them into office? Their voting districts will tell the story. These people are idiots who really should have no representation in congress. Do you want the person who was elected by meth heads or crack heads or the highest crime districts in the country having any vote on how the country is run?

Support, no matter who it is from gives these people a voice. When I see any media article, I search the author's name and the bias becomes clear. Salon, Vox, MotherJones and others have full staffs of writers that mostly have the same demographic. Just like the bad member of congress elected by idiots these "journalists" have no hope of providing anything truthful, knowledgeable or accurate to the public. Just as the bad representative votes and proposes legislation that favors the dirt bags that elected them, these writers do the same. They only care about their personal benefit and will do anything to spread misinformation to achieve that goal.

#21 ·
i can go on about the "media" for days.

The whole problem with internet based media is that we are all exposed to every idiot's thoughts. Other idiots are influenced by this. I guarantee if i made a youtube video where i took a ball peen hammer and beat myself in the head with it that soon enough others would be doing it.

It used to be that we would get a newspaper, listen to news radio or watch network news on tv. There were standards that applied and to be a news person you had to be credible. This provided a "filter" of credibility and legitimacy to what "news" we were exposed to. If you ran with a false story and were caught you got fired. Ratings of the network dropped.

As a result of this, we never heard about what was running through the mind of some know nothing nobody on the other side of town. Sure, we knew crazies were out there, but their thoughts were not broadcasted to the people because they were not newsworthy. Now every idiot has a means of broadcasting their stupidity world wide. There is no filter of credibility - all you need is followers.

As a result the "truth" has been lost in society. If 2+2 =4, some will report that 2+2=4 because they hate 5, not because the math adds up. Others will argue that 2+2=5 because they can't agree with 4. We are all exposed to this thanks to the internet and some people will believe it. It's complete nonsense.

Look at the worst representatives in congress. By worst, i mean the ones you see that are clearly unqualified. Maxine waters comes to mind, aoc is another. Yes, there even a few on our side of the column. When you see these people, who plainly are unqualified to govern, look at who their constituents are. Who voted them into office? Their voting districts will tell the story. These people are idiots who really should have no representation in congress. Do you want the person who was elected by meth heads or crack heads or the highest crime districts in the country having any vote on how the country is run?

Support, no matter who it is from gives these people a voice. When i see any media article, i search the author's name and the bias becomes clear. Salon, vox, motherjones and others have full staffs of writers that mostly have the same demographic. Just like the bad member of congress elected by idiots these "journalists" have no hope of providing anything truthful, knowledgeable or accurate to the public. Just as the bad representative votes and proposes legislation that favors the dirt bags that elected them, these writers do the same. They only care about their personal benefit and will do anything to spread misinformation to achieve that goal.
+1911

#19 ·
Don't get me wrong I do not agree with all of this article, but this sentence has some truth to it.

Buying a gun right now will make your family and your home less safe, especially if you, like many panic buyers, are not trained in gun safety . This part can be detrimental to our efforts to stop gun control.

#22 ·
Good thing every new gun comes with a manual. I predict at least half will read it and half of those will follow it...so not a total wash. Then there’s the former military folks getting around to arming up (not really panic buying, but logically preparing for contingencies). They’ll be fine too.

Guns are inherently dangerous. Introducing one into ANY environment increases potential for danger.

#23 ·
NRA's chance to push gun safety ads on TV. Put a friendly face on it.

We really need a positive media presence. You know the old saw that if you tell a like often enough people will believe it? The same thing works with the truth.

I've written to all the gun orgs I belong to with this idea, and no one nibbles. And this was months ago, before corona.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.