Picked up my new Valkyrie yesterday..... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-20-2020, 08:36 PM
DubfromGa DubfromGa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Age: 51
Posts: 3,782
Picked up my new Valkyrie yesterday.....

Gotta love actually being free when the call comes from your FFL to come on by and pick up your new arrival.


In this case it was a a pair. A nightstand gun (WC 92BrigTac)....and a carry gun, this Valkyrie .45.



















Going to get up early tomorrow....sip some good coffee while field stripping her for wipedown & lubing with Weapon Shield.....grabbing some ammo, the guns and hitting the range for an initial break-in box in this one and possibly another couple guns as well.
__________________
Proud to be a Deplorable.....

Last edited by DubfromGa; 03-20-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-20-2020, 09:09 PM
Browe1967 Browe1967 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Rhode Island
Age: 52
Posts: 37
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2020, 10:02 PM
tigerman03 tigerman03 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 75

Lookin' forward to the range report. Have fun!
__________________
USN Veteran, NRA, NAGR and GOA Member

"When government takes away citizens' right to bear arms it becomes citizens' duty to take away government's right to govern." - George Washington
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 03-21-2020, 12:12 PM
DubfromGa DubfromGa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Age: 51
Posts: 3,782
Thanks, guys.


I want to get some range time soon. It absolutely disappears from thought in an comfortable OWB holster.

The reduced weight from the alloy frame really does help with this disappearing act.


Carrying my only other cco-sized gun today. It's the steel-framed PM-C.



__________________
Proud to be a Deplorable.....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2020, 05:17 PM
Tenring1911 Tenring1911 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,253
Congrats !
__________________
Many would still be alive if not for Gun Free Zones.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-30-2020, 01:32 PM
dwcooper dwcooper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 133
Hey Dub, can you show us the backside of the black holster in Post #4?

Nice gun!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-30-2020, 02:43 PM
DubfromGa DubfromGa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Age: 51
Posts: 3,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcooper View Post
Hey Dub, can you show us the backside of the black holster in Post #4?

Nice gun!
Thanks.

It came from the Wilson Combat website: LoProfile2

I believe the actual maker is Palmetto Leatherworks.








__________________
Proud to be a Deplorable.....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-30-2020, 03:17 PM
dwcooper dwcooper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 133
Hey thanks Dub.
One of the things that I don't favor about slide holsters is that the loops that go under the belt end up twisting and making a sometimes uncomfortable bulge under the belt that presses into the waist. I can't see the edges of that holster but it looks like Wilson made them so that the belt feeds in through the edge of the holster and comes out the other end of that "loop" in such a way that there is no twisting. Is that right? If so, it's very clever and I've never seen it done that way. I still much prefer loops that snap on so that I don't have to take my belt off. But what they did there must make it very comfortable to wear. Nice rig!

edit: Went out to their site and saw that this is exactly what they did. Or rather the holstermaker. Great idea and very nice pieces.

Last edited by dwcooper; 03-30-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-30-2020, 04:18 PM
Green Dragoon Green Dragoon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcooper View Post
Hey thanks Dub.
One of the things that I don't favor about slide holsters is that the loops that go under the belt end up twisting and making a sometimes uncomfortable bulge under the belt that presses into the waist. I can't see the edges of that holster but it looks like Wilson made them so that the belt feeds in through the edge of the holster and comes out the other end of that "loop" in such a way that there is no twisting. Is that right? If so, it's very clever and I've never seen it done that way. I still much prefer loops that snap on so that I don't have to take my belt off. But what they did there must make it very comfortable to wear. Nice rig!

edit: Went out to their site and saw that this is exactly what they did. Or rather the holstermaker. Great idea and very nice pieces.
That is correct. I have two of those Wilson holsters. One for my DW Specialist and one for a Wilson Brigadier Tactical 92. I had the one for the 92 first and I liked it so much that I bought the one for the DW.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:40 PM
jonh1373 jonh1373 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MN/AZ
Posts: 78
dwcooper...One way to decrease the twisting and pushing on your side is a good stiff "gun belt". I would say better than 50% of a comfortable carry holster is a good stiff holster and the other equally imporant 50% comes from a good stiff belt.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:49 PM
dwcooper dwcooper is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 133
Yeah, that I have. Bull hide solid, 1/4" thick by 1.5". I suppose if I was to wear one of the more common slide holsters long enough the leather would stretch out to where it wouldn't create so much of a twist and bump under the belt, but as I mentioned I'm mostly into detachable snap holsters.

Like this one for my Guardian. What it has in common with that Wilson holster is that the leather strap that wraps around behind the belt lies naturally flat, minimizing the build up that rides against the waist. I have holsters with straps like this for every gun in my rotation that I carry owb. The Wilson caught my eye because it's a beautiful piece of work and also because I'd never seen that method of attachment used before. I do like leather holsters

Sorry to hijack your thread Dub. Your Valkyrie in that holster look fantastic!
Attached Thumbnails
Perrota3.jpg  

Last edited by dwcooper; 03-30-2020 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:54 PM
DubfromGa DubfromGa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Age: 51
Posts: 3,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcooper View Post
Hey thanks Dub.
One of the things that I don't favor about slide holsters is that the loops that go under the belt end up twisting and making a sometimes uncomfortable bulge under the belt that presses into the waist. I can't see the edges of that holster but it looks like Wilson made them so that the belt feeds in through the edge of the holster and comes out the other end of that "loop" in such a way that there is no twisting. Is that right? If so, it's very clever and I've never seen it done that way. I still much prefer loops that snap on so that I don't have to take my belt off. But what they did there must make it very comfortable to wear. Nice rig!

edit: Went out to their site and saw that this is exactly what they did. Or rather the holstermaker. Great idea and very nice pieces.

Thank you.


Wore it all day today. Extremely comfortable.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragoon View Post
That is correct. I have two of those Wilson holsters. One for my DW Specialist and one for a Wilson Brigadier Tactical 92. I had the one for the 92 first and I liked it so much that I bought the one for the DW.
Thatís impressive that it handles a full size double stack with comfort & concealment.
__________________
Proud to be a Deplorable.....
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-30-2020, 09:55 PM
DubfromGa DubfromGa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Age: 51
Posts: 3,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcooper View Post
Yeah, that I have. Bull hide solid, 1/4" thick by 1.5". I suppose if I was to wear one of the more common slide holsters long enough the leather would stretch out to where it wouldn't create so much of a twist and bump under the belt, but as I mentioned I'm mostly into detachable snap holsters.

Like this one for my Guardian. What it has in common with that Wilson holster is that the leather strap that wraps around behind the belt lies naturally flat, minimizing the build up that rides against the waist. I have holsters with straps like this for every gun in my rotation that I carry owb. The Wilson caught my eye because it's a beautiful piece of work and also because I'd never seen that method of attachment used before. I do like leather holsters

Sorry to hijack your thread Dub. Your Valkyrie in that holster look fantastic!


Very sweet leather !!!!
__________________
Proud to be a Deplorable.....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:14 AM
jonh1373 jonh1373 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MN/AZ
Posts: 78
I wear a Bullhide myself, good quality belt.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-01-2020, 04:21 AM
LBnM LBnM is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 6
I think you will like it. That's my exact same gun/holster carry combo.
__________________
Dan Wesson VBob (9mm)
Dan Wesson Valkyrie (.45 ACP)
SIG P229 legacy (9mm)
SIG P220R (.45 ACP)
SIG P220R Compact (.45 ACP)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved