1911Forum banner

God please don’t let this place go the way of the Colt Forum

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Colt Carson 
#1 ·
Their ‘new’ format is up and active now. Can no longer ‘exit mobile view’ on a mobile device and view desktop mode on a phone. The forum automatically tailors itself to what you’re using. Which for me on a phone means 1/3 the screen is now filled up with STUFF and things are more difficult to read and see.
Spent five minutes there and got a headache. :(

Is a change planned for here as well?

#4 ·
Three things that are guaranteed in life: death, taxes, and software getting increasingly bloated and hard to use with every new release.

#6 · (Edited)
If you click the second item at the very bottom of any/all page on this forum where the word Copyright appears, you will see Second Media. VerticalScope (VS) owns Second Media with Torstar owning controlling interest in VS. the whole multi layered mega media is Canadian. The intel drums say all of the forums are being, have been or are going to be reformatted for consistency and allow for upgrades. My take is they have bought hundreds, perhaps thousands of individual or small groups of forums over the past few years. Operating and maintaining countless varieties of older platformed mixed design servers became too complex and impossible to introduce newer revenue producing ad packages across all of the forums. As mentioned the folks on the Colt site are steamed. I have no doubt 1911 will suffer the same shuffle. It has taken me about a week to learn my way around the cockpit controls but it just doesn’t feel right. This forum and the Colt site are the only social media I participate in. I don’t have a Face account, don’t tweet, chirp, video talk or any of the other logo branded methods of communications. Prior to the change I visited both sites about the same. Now I migrate here more than the other site. I don’t like change, it’s coming but I don’t have to like it. There was a new owner some time ago, now his small business raiders are remodeling all of the stores to look alike. Who is this mega star of the internet media kingdom, his name is Rob Laidlaw. He has proven if you buy enough small lemonade stands, you can turn them into an empire and make all the lemonade taste exactly the same. Here is what appears to be the top of this ever growing food chain. ie, who begot who: https://www.torstar.com/company/overview

#15 ·
If you click the second item at the very bottom of any/all page on this forum where the word Copyright appears, you will see Second Media. VerticalScope (VS) owns Second Media with Torstar owning controlling interest in VS. the whole multi layered mega media is Canadian. The intel drums say all of the forums are being, have been or are going to be reformatted for consistency and allow for upgrades. My take is they have bought hundreds, perhaps thousands of individual or small groups of forums over the past few years. Operating and maintaining countless varieties of older platformed mixed design servers became too complex and impossible to introduce newer revenue producing ad packages across all of the forums. As mentioned the folks on the Colt site are steamed. I have no doubt 1911 will suffer the same shuffle. It has taken me about a week to learn my way around the cockpit controls but it just doesn’t feel right. This forum and the Colt site are the only social media I participate in. I don’t have a Face account, don’t tweet, chirp, video talk or any of the other logo branded methods of communications. Prior to the change I visited both sites about the same. Now I migrate here more than the other site. I don’t like change, it’s coming but I don’t have to like it. There was a new owner some time ago, now his small business raiders are remodeling all of the stores to look alike. Who is this mega star of the internet media kingdom, his name is Rob Laidlaw. He has proven if you buy enough small lemonade stands, you can turn them into an empire and make all the lemonade taste exactly the same. Here is what appears to be the top of this ever growing food chain. ie, who begot who: Overview
On August 5, 2020, Torstar was acquired by NordStar Capital, an entity owned by Toronto businessmen Jordan Bitove and Paul Rivett. Jordan Bitove says of President Trump... “Trump is very divisive and what North America needs is someone who can unite and help heal all the wounds that have been created.”

#10 · (Edited)
Too late. It's already done and there's no turning back. Sad comment but true.
And regarding Vertical Scope, we all know our Canadian friends are not known to be pro-2nd Amendment on gun ownership. Here's a comment from a Canadian on another fourum:

"We are allowed to HAVE guns with certain licenses and whatnot, and they can be used for hunting or target practice in designated areas, things like that.

But can we carry them freely? As “self defence?” Thankfully, no."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.