1911Forum banner

Are there ANY microstamped guns?

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Tarmy 
#1 ·
This is not searchable because only arguments & legal battles result from searching the subject of microstamping.

Does anyone here know if any manufacturer makes & sells a gun with this feature?

And NO, I have no interest in new guns. I'm just curious.

#8 ·
That's what happens when lawyers and politicians think they dictate engineering, technology and science. I bet not one of those lawmakers have ever machined anything, taken any course in metallurgy, gunsmithing, or obtained an engineering degree.

Next, they will pass legislation altering the laws of thermodynamic dictating that one gallon of petroleum must generate 100,000,000 BTU's of energy in order to end global warming.

#6 ·
No
Kamala Harris as CA attorney general ruled that microstamping technology was available, based upon the patton not restricting microstamping. Even though no manufactures use it.

Check calguns.net to find the details of how the AG decided the microstamping requirement could be in place.
I recall some manufactures said it was not possible to implement.

#10 ·
The gun isn’t micro stamped...it does the micro stamping of the shell casing.

Being in CA. We are all aware that not only does the technology not exist...it likely never will. Besides...I am sure all the criminals will go out and buy on roster micro stamping guns to use...

Friggin CA politicians are just trying to eliminate all gun sales by requiring this non existent technology, having the roster slowly eliminate all handguns over time...and achieve the Utopia they desire...

Idiots...

#12 ·
Friggin CA politicians are just trying to eliminate all gun sales by requiring this non existent technology, having the roster slowly eliminate all handguns over time...and achieve the Utopia they desire...

Idiots...
Unfortunately they are not idiots. They are crafty and cunning, and know just how to get around the Second Amendment, which is by avoiding a full-frontal assault and thus dealing with the public and court challenges that would result. Instead they keep coming up with "reasonable" restrictions, one at a time, slowly boiling the frog as they turn up the heat. They despise gun owners and will not stop until they have turned California into the first "gun free" state in the US.

#11 · (Edited)
Every year the approved firearms list for California gets more small as the guns get banned.
Pretty soon only the police, Military, the political elite and super rich will be able to buy or own guns there. Numerous CA police officers have gotten caught selling illegal guns in CA to criminals, and gangs even. As you might surmise in many cases they only get a reprimand on the record and maybe demoted. The police can buy guns that are not on the CA approved list.

#14 · (Edited)
To put this in perspective... there hasn't been a new gun added to the roster in over 10 years.

We can still buy off roster guns by way of private party sales. These are guns that are purchased by exempt people living in the state such as LOE. Or they make it in the familial transfers or folks that move to California with their guns.

They're not illegal to own. Just illegal to be sold by an FFL to a non-exempt subject of Commiefornia.

That all said, these guns come at a pretty penny. Off roster guns usually sell for double the list price, if not more. Stock Gen 4 & 5 Glocks sell for $1100+ all day long. CZ Shadow 2 go for $2400. Walther Q5 Match SF, $2700.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

#16 ·
The clown that lobbied, and got this passed, owned the patent on a technology for doing it. No one has ever used it, and everything I have seen says that the methods are unreliable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#20 ·
The clown that lobbied, and got this passed, owned the patent on a technology for doing it. No one has ever used it, and everything I have seen says that the methods are unreliable.
Not only are the methods unreliable, the whole concept is moronic. The point of the technology is to instantly identify a firearm that was involved in a shooting. However, that is EASILY negated simply by the shooter policing up the brass. In fact, a shooter could further confuse investigators by laying down alternate microstamped brass collected from a gun range. Then some poor schmuck that had NOTHING to do with a shooting is suddenly being interrogated by police.

It's ridiculous, and I believe in my heart was never seriously intended to be implemented...its just a loophole for the government to deny adding new semi-auto guns to the CA roster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.