1911Forum banner

Watch out for your AR-14s.

7K views 92 replies 42 participants last post by  TRX302 
#1 ·
#40 ·
Was it one hundred rounds or one hundred clips?:confused:. Joe's message seems to change.

Either way, Uncle Joe seems to be fixated on the number 100, as well as parts of a horse's or pony's anatomy.

I can't wait for him to talk again about those two shotgun blasts in the air as his recommended response to a home invasion.:rolleyes:

#41 ·
I can just hear him spout off the next time.

"Who needs an AR-15 anyway? Nobody should need more than an AR-10 or 11."

#43 ·
Machine guns may technically be legal, but they are out of reach of the common man due to their price, which in turn is due to the fact that any made after 1986 really is illegal (unless you have a Class III license). Therefore as far as most of us are concerned they may as well be illegal, since few can afford one.

#45 · (Edited)
Good discussion about legal awareness.

Good points on both sides. And thanks to the views shared.

With my background, which no doubt injects some degree of bias, I think it is generally wise to support those on the same side as ourselves. Just my (possibly biased) inclination.

Insofar as practical political arguments, the other side and perhaps a small number of truly "undecideds" is really -- really -- not too well informed. Their puppet meisters might well understand reality, but the masses of folks not solidly in the 2A camp know little more than what they "learn" from CNN. Nuances of law regarding machine guns goes totally past them; many don't know the difference between auto and semi-auto; and most of those probably couldn't care less about the distinction, even if they were to understand.

For the (very) small number who are truly undecided on 2A rights, the pro-2A messaging from our side needs to be keyed to their level of understanding. And they do understand "gun ban", "gun confiscation", etc.; even if the details of law regarding auto firearms are likely beyond their current understanding...and difficult to convey in practical political sound bites. We should focus on messaging that is most likely to capture their attention, and IMHO that messaging is that Dems wish to remove as many 2A rights as they possibly can.

That's a truthful message and it hits home with almost anyone having pro-2A sentiments. Hopefully pursuading them to go vote against the gun-ban Dems.

#46 ·
Well said!

Good discussion about legal awareness.

Good points on both sides. And thanks to the views shared.

With my background, which no doubt injects some degree of bias, I think it is generally wise to support those on the same side as ourselves. Just my (possibly biased) inclination.

Insofar as practical political arguments, the other side and perhaps a small number of truly "undecideds" is really -- really -- not too well informed. Their puppet meisters might well understand reality, but the masses of folks not solidly in the 2A camp know little more than what they "learn" from CNN. Nuances of law regarding machine guns goes totally past them; many don't know the difference between auto and semi-auto; and most of those probably couldn't care less about the distinction, even if they were to understand.

For the (very) small number who are truly undecided on 2A rights, the pro-2A messaging from our side needs to be keyed to their level of understanding. And they do understand "gun ban", "gun confiscation", etc.; even if the details of law regarding auto firearms are likely beyond their current understanding...and difficult to convey in practical political sound bites. We should focus on messaging that is most likely to capture their attention, and IMHO that messaging is that Dems wish to remove as many 2A rights as they possibly can.
Additionally, the splitting of hairs grows tiresome pretty quick. People see things in different ways. It is entirely possible to disagree with someone that also happens to be right. It is all about context.

#55 ·
What the 2A Guy in the Video Missed...

...was an opportunity to be recorded while correcting the former VP on the purpose of the 2nd Amendment, which is to fully provision a citizen militia capable of resisting a tyrannical government.

He could have said, "Mr. Vice President, excuse me, but your idea of the 2nd Amendment is incorrect. It's purpose isn't to protect hunters, it's to arm a citizen militia capable of overthrowing a tyrannical government, like the one that's been burned into your DNA."

#57 ·
...was an opportunity to be recorded while correcting the former VP on the purpose of the 2nd Amendment, which is to fully provision a citizen militia capable of resisting a tyrannical government.

He could have said, "Mr. Vice President, excuse me, but your idea of the 2nd Amendment is incorrect. It's purpose isn't to protect hunters, it's to arm a citizen militia capable of overthrowing a tyrannical government, like the one that's been burned into your DNA."
Yes he could have said that. And I agree with what you said. But the point is that he stood up to Biden.

Biden says his usual "I fully support the second amendment" and then a few seconds later he states that he's "coming for your AR-14s." That comment about supporting the second amendment is purely a rehearsed lie that his handlers have instructed him to repeat when questioned. He's a liar and a fraud. He'll never understand that the framers knew that a government could become corrupt and oppressive and therefore a powerful method in the form of an armed civilian militia was needed to check that corruption and stand up, if necessary, to an oppressive government.

#63 ·
I think the 2A guy did a good job of putting Biden on the spot and that is somewhere he does not like to be. You could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. He does not have the patience or attitude to be President yet this is the best they have.

The 2A guy may have not known the NFA laws about full auto weapons but even if he did honestly that was not the best time or place to try to explain it to Old Joe. He could have talked to Old Joe all day long trying to educate him on gun law and it would not have made one dent in Biden’s thoughts on gun control.

The peons must not be armed with any weapons that might be used effectively in any future rebellion against a corrupt bunch of thieves in charge of our government.

#64 ·
Firearms laws are so numerous and illogical that unless you need to do some research on how a law is applied, it is practically not possible to be all knowing.
Not picking the auto worker in the Biden video missed the larger point of the character of Biden and Biden gun control position.

#65 ·
That is precisely what the anti-2nd amendment crowd wants. Make the laws; municipal, state and federal so complicated and so convoluted, that most gun owners will at some point be in violation of something unwittingly. Then they can charge you with something and take all your guns away.

#66 · (Edited)
It is about the guns fellas all about the GUNS...........From Colt Walkers to Marine 1911's. And ARMalite AR-15'And everything else that shoots....The 2A is about rights not needs.

If they said big trucks not allowed anymore. OUTLAW how many would be John Dillinger over nite.

so no matter what forum they spout it on.

It is The Gun. And the Freedom to own it.
that they step on.

This is really the last fight. Since i see future gens. Doing the absolute nothing.....We are the last of the "OLD BREED"

That saying May you live in interesting times.. I can add and you will perish in them..
So enjoy the day. We still have time left to enjoy the good stuff, No matter what some two bit Political Worn hole says, They to also end up as part of the earth.

Nobody is Invincible.

RON K.

Attachments

#72 ·
#77 · (Edited)
The worker that confronted Joe was not prepared- it was a “hold my beer and watch this” moment. Joe’s confrontation/response with the worker was Wrong. He’s a polished and experienced politician and should have known better. Poke all the fun at Joe you want, call him names, but he gets into office and Congress goes Dem, we are up the creek.

#79 · (Edited)
Come on man.....( Say in a Joe Biden voice).
In my opinion that auto worker was not an idiot.
Also I do not crucify him for not preparing ahead of time and research all the NFA laws in anticipating that Joe would go off the rails and make an oblique comment about you can't have a machine gun. Do the work said machine guns are illegal. Say you are a regular guy in NJ or CA are you going to be able to legally own one? Maybe you live in another state and you have a very large wallet or bank account.
Now if some pro gun lawyer said that ( machine guns are illegal) , then that would be more of a valid yet flamboyant criticism ( he is an idiot).
In this interaction,
The big picture was the auto worker had a well reasoned and languages question for a major party presidential candidate.
That candidate lost it, plus showed disdain for the regular guy and anti gun rights position.

This was not a debate or interview. It was a question in a moving crowd on a production floor.
How much scheduled time did the auto worker have for conducting his interview of Joe? How about none.

"Know it alls" in the gun community are ridiculous splitting hairs over the perfect response each and every time by a regular guy in an impromptu interaction is nonsense
The auto worker came off very well. Joe showed how unfit he is.

#82 ·
I didn't post PSA's pic of the "Angry Joe", thinking that doing so might get one banned for bad language. But, if a "polished" politician like Uncle Joe can use language like that, then I guess that it is now acceptable for polite society. :confused:

#83 ·
One cannot own an NFA weapon legally in Delaware, Biden's home state. At last count there are 7 states that out right ban machine gun procession and several other that make ownership impossible. These states tend to be the most liberal states in the Union and are the darlings of the liberal media. The same media that tells Americans that AR15's are full auto. So as you go about your day ask folks if machine guns are legal to own and see what they say. As dsk said most full auto's are financially out of the reach of the average person, so the average person really has no reason to be cognizant of the NFA rules or state laws that cover ownership. And if the media can keep average people misinformed then the confusion will continue. Try never to miss an opportunity to educate!

#84 ·
Easy enough to say.

And if the media can keep average people misinformed then the confusion will continue. Try never to miss an opportunity to educate!
Much harder to do. Most people think that they know it all to begin with. And I know more than a few people that just kind of make up their own reality as they go along. And as I view the circumstances of most of these people. I can certainly see that yes, stupid does in fact hurt.

#91 ·
Since the Assult Weapsons ban was sunsetted there is no federal definition of what an assualt weapon is.
It also amazes me that someone who knows nothing about firearms wants to confiscate them. The solution to the problem is to send Joe out to confiscate the AR -14's.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.