1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-21-2020, 03:14 PM

Emerson CQC7

Old 01-22-2020, 07:41 PM

I've got one of these in my bug out bag. Ontario Knife Co USMC bayonet. This is a bad ass knife with an 8" blade. I put a razor edge on both sides of mine (pic from the web). It will also go on the end of several of my AR's. 1095 steel, rubber no-slip handle and only $120.00 with polymer sheath and ceramic sharpening rod. Pretty hard to beat. A knife for me is more of a survival tool than a weapon but this thing would take an arm off.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:33 AM
Administrator

That looks pretty nice, I may have to get myself one of those. A large knife can serve many purposes, but unless it can hold an edge and not break apart (talking about the cheap ones with a bolted-on handle) it won't handle hard use. Anything designed for actual military/LE use is usually pretty good.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2020, 03:34 PM

KaBar fighting knife, or Cat 225Q will do the job for anything from fighting to chopping bait.
Attached Thumbnails
SHTF knives.jpg  
Old 01-25-2020, 06:52 PM

I always have my Spyderco on me, but if I was expecting the SHTF I would certainly grab this one along with my other gear. Its a Blackjack knives model 1-7. As stout and good a combat knife as any. I actually have quite a few Blackjack and Bark River knife and tool knives. All are top notch.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4278.jpg