BHSpringSolutions.com Opens for Owners of the Hi Power design and Hi Power Clones - Page 5 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-16-2015, 06:00 PM

1911 Tool

By the by... I would live to see y'all produce a firing pin tool sized for the 1911 too... I think you could also sell tons of them designed for use with the Glock as well...

V/r

Chuck

Fear God and Dreadnought!!

You can't miss fast enough to win a gun fight!
Old 01-12-2016, 09:27 PM

2 More Major BHSpringSolutions ANNOUNCEMENTS

Hello Friends,
We hope your 2016 is off to a great start. My partner, Slav, and I have 2 major BHSS Announcments to share with you.

First - Slav will soon be making final changes to a new BHSS Specialty Tool - a Firing Pin Retaining Plate Removal/Installation Tool for the 1911. Following the concept of our Hi Power Firing Pin Retaining Plate Tool. In case you haven't seen it, watch Slav replace a Hi Power Firing Pin Spring in under 30 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WUb1SfZQ98
and watch a Hi Power Main Spring replacement take place in 40 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhYXjMnXqQ0 (See message #92 of this thread for more information about those tools.

We now have Main Spring Tools in inventory ready for immediate shipment. Our first production run of the Hi Power Firing Pin Retaining Plate Tools is now finished and we expect to ship to the forum members who reserved one of these tools with delivery to you be approximately end of January.

Second major announcement: We are now making final adjustments to a new Hi Power Tool, that we affectionately have named "The Third Hand Tool".
For those of you experienced with disassembly and assembly of the Hi Power, you know that there is a step in disassembly and assembly when the hammer must be held in it's cocked position. Until now, the best solution has been to have a friend with a strong thumb hanging around. In their "Field Service Manual", Browning suggests making a "special tool" using a nail....bending it to a certain shape/dimension, and sliding the bent nail over the hammer and under the Hi Power's short "beavertail". The problem with this technique....(obvious).....gun finishes and nails are not a match made in heaven.

So, in the near future, BHSpringSolutions will introduce the first ever "Third Hand Hi Power Tool" Solution - a tool with two rubber coated "legs" that retain the Hi Power hammer in it's rearward position, without harming your gun's finish....and without "the look" that your wife gives you when you ask her to hold back the hammer on your Hi Power while you position the sear and the sear lever pin! (By the way guys, her thumb really isn't strong enough to hold back the hammer against the force of the Hi Power's rather beefy main spring....)

Thank you to the forum members who helped BHSpringSolutions take flight in 2015 - we have more major announcements coming soon.

Take care,
Mark and Slav
BHSpringSolutions
Old 01-12-2016, 11:18 PM

"The Third Hand Tool"? I think this is where I say, "Put me down for one out of the first batch."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2016, 11:49 PM

For the firing pin retaining plate, was that a pre-MkIII in the video? Any trick for dealing with the firing pin safety while changing the spring? That is where I really need a third hand!

For the third hand tool I normally use a zip tie to hold the hammer back. But I will be interested to see what you come up.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistema1927 View Post
For the firing pin retaining plate, was that a pre-MkIII in the video?
No, it's an Arcus slide, also without firing pin safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistema1927 View Post
Any trick for dealing with the firing pin safety while changing the spring?
No tricks needed - the left hand thumb does the job just perfect. It's easier when you don't need to think about taking the firing pin out of your eyeball
Old 01-13-2016, 04:11 AM

Will the third hand tool work with both the spur and commander type hammers? I have a one of each. The commander hammer is a C&S
Old 01-13-2016, 04:23 AM

Put me down for a couple of the new tool...

V/r

Chuck

Old 01-13-2016, 02:13 PM

Gents,
Thank you for your patience. The first batch of the RPTs is ready. Tomorrow they'll start their journey to you. It will be one hell of a journey. I think we will be on time and they will be delivered till the end of the month. Everyone who has ordered one till the moment will get it with the current batch.
From this moment on, the RPTs are on back-order with expected date of delivery end of February - first week of March.
Attached Thumbnails
rpts.jpg  
Old 01-13-2016, 03:20 PM
Banned

Slav:
I would like 2 of the Third Hand Tools.
Thanks,
Old 01-13-2016, 05:53 PM

If the "third hand tool" works for both rowel and spur hammers, then one BELONGS in my Browning HP tool area. I await your availability of said tool.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:01 AM

Hi all,
the 3rd Hand Tool (3HT) will be produced according Browning's dimensions - 0.440"
Old 01-19-2016, 02:30 PM

I received my spring order this afternoon. Just finished installing all the appropriate springs except the mainspring. Very impressed so far. The two coil trigger spring does make a significant difference from the original, especially in a 25 year old Israeli pistol. Range trip is next. Thanks for the prompt shipping and some great springs.

Mike
Old 01-19-2016, 02:34 PM

Mike, I'm glad to hear from you. Hope you'll enjoy your trip to the range. All feedback and comments will be highly appreciated, no matter if they are positive or negative.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:50 PM

I'll Take Two

I'll take two of the third hand tools too...

V/r

Chuck

Old 01-19-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slav View Post
Hi all,
the 3rd Hand Tool (3HT) will be produced according Browning's dimensions - 0.440"

Slav,

Does this mean that the 3rd Hand Tool with work correctly with both types of hammer??
Old 01-20-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40DOC View Post
Slav,

Does this mean that the 3rd Hand Tool with work correctly with both types of hammer??
It should. Don't want to make any statements before trying this though. The prototype is not finished yet (but soon), when we finish the testing, we'll let you know.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:25 PM

Thanx, I look forward to your testing results.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:37 AM

Gents, the first batch of the Retaining Plate removal/install tools (RTPs) was shipped today. You should get it in your postboxes in few days. As always we stay open to your feedback, critics and opinions.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:46 AM

Looking forward. I love getting mail.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Gents, the first batch of the Retaining Plate removal/install tools (RTPs) was shipped today. You should get it in your postboxes in few days. As always we stay open to your feedback, critics and opinions.
Really looking forward to getting it Slav. Any estimate on when the 1911 RTP will be available? Thanks.
Jeff T.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:36 PM

If our calculations are correct, we should have the working prototype of 1911 RPT till the end of February and the first batch of those will be produced at estimate the same time as our 1911 spring kits for both s70 and s80.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:58 PM

Is it too early to get in on the first batch of the 1911 RPT?
Old 02-03-2016, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Coffee View Post
Is it too early to get in on the first batch of the 1911 RPT?
I'll let you know when we are ready with that tool. We'll do our best to get it done ASAP. Your support is highly appreciated !!!
Old 02-03-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I'll let you know when we are ready with that tool. We'll do our best to get it done ASAP. Your support is highly appreciated !!!
Looking forward to trying my new FP retainer plate tool when it comes. The mainspring tool has been great.

Last edited by eo1bart; 02-03-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:29 PM

My FP tools arrived today - awesome job guys. Makes something that used to be a pain to a simple and easy job. Note tested on both 9mm and .40 Slides and also one with a slightly modified FP stop and all worked fine.

Just a note for those who are first using them in Replace mode. It will allow the FP and Spring to launch if you let it slip while getting the retainer plate set up in the grooves ! Point in a safe direction until you are uset to it <grin>