BHSpringSolutions.com Opens for Owners of the Hi Power design and Hi Power Clones - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-31-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
Do you have a list of all your available hammer spring weights?
Yes, of course we have that information. All BHSpringSolutions Main Springs follow the original factory weights for each Main Spring variant/Hi Power model, and produced with our enhanced production standards. Is there a specific Main Spring you are interested in purchasing from us?
Old 08-31-2015, 01:57 PM

I was wondering how strong will the 2 point welding hold. Well, I think it is strong enough...

https://youtu.be/NjF5Pn8Dsos
Old 08-31-2015, 06:30 PM

Slav,

Just sent you an email concerning the mainspring tool and another item. I can see how this tool could definitely help these old hands of mine.
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2015, 08:03 PM

Installed the spring kit on my high power last week, tested it out and flawless!

Also emailed you about the main spring tool.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slav View Post
Yes, of course we have that information. All BHSpringSolutions Main Springs follow the original factory weights for each Main Spring variant/Hi Power model, and produced with our enhanced production standards. Is there a specific Main Spring you are interested in purchasing from us?
Actually all I see are spring kits and no hammer springs available separately. What am I missing?
[email protected]
Sure! I would be happy to Google that for you!
Old 09-05-2015, 10:53 AM

You are correct - we specialize in Complete Spring Replacement Kits that service all springs in the Hi Power. We do custom orders as our stock allows us to do so when customers contact us directly at [email protected]
Old 09-20-2015, 12:29 PM

sneak peek

a quick sneak peek...

Old 09-20-2015, 12:53 PM

Great News

That is great news... they look really good...

V/r

Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by slav View Post
a quick sneak peek...

Fear God and Dreadnought!!

You can't miss fast enough to win a gun fight!
Old 09-20-2015, 01:00 PM

They are not finished yet. Except for the laser cutting, welding and hardening, all processes are made by hand. Every tool is hand tested for proper function before sending for hardening and bluing. Every tool will also be hand tested after receiving them from hardening and bluing prior to shipping to customer.
Currently we are on time and I think all ordered tools will be delivered in the promised time frame.

Last edited by slav; 09-20-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:22 PM

Slav, you are really providing some excellent tools for we Browning nuts, and I for one, can't thank you enough. Then, on top of giving us what, until now, had been unobtanium, you're making them available for unbelievable prices. I will never buy anything you make for my pistols from any other source.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:03 PM

Thank you for the kind words C.
Can't remember if I told you the story behind BHSpringSolutions, it puts some light on our pricing strategy. Maybe some day I'll share it here.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:40 PM

Bellow is how the first function testing and adjusting looks like. This happens after the pin welding and prior the final hardening and hot bluing.
Please be advised - if you find minor scratches on your new tools - they will be caused by the final tests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC7WaC6iKJ4

Last edited by slav; 09-22-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:07 PM

I am starting to get anxious now that I have seen the update. That tool is going to be a real help at my workbench.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:01 PM

Magazine Spring Survey

This is a request for input, somewhat an informal survey, from Hi Power Owners/Members of the 1911 Forum.
We (BHSpringSolutions) are considering production of replacement Hi Power magazine springs. Weak magazine springs are a malfunction risk, and healthy magazine springs contribute to optimal reliability and function. And as long as the overall integrity of the rest of the magazine is sound – magazines are usually every bit as good as the spring inside. Replacing a spring is far more cost effective than replacing magazines.
With the wide variety of Hi Power magazines in use, the business question of the day on our minds, is “where would we start and stop?”
We already know that it probably won’t be practical for us to cover replacement magazine springs for every type and capacity of Hi Power magazines in use. Replacement magazine springs for the most common 13 Round magazines in use (such as have been provided as OEM from FN/Browning) are already on our radar screen and we do expect to offer those in the future. Our question mainly leans toward all the other magazines in use that would fall under “other” – and there are quite a few. The flush fit 15 round magazines now available from MecGar utilize a different spring. The spring in the 15/17 round KRD magazines is still yet another variant. And we know there are other aftermarket variants – not to mention the higher capacity magazines.
So – we ask you – in regard to Magazine Springs, how can we serve you best? We will appreciate all input and expertise.
Thank You to all who take the time to provide input on this topic.
Slav and Mark, BHSpringSolutions
Old 09-26-2015, 01:26 PM

For me the 13 and 15 factory/mecgar would be the most useful. Also in stock in this household are 10rd 9mm and 10rd .40's
Old 09-26-2015, 04:50 PM

All of my BHP mags are of the 13-15 round variety(mostly 13 round). I don't foresee any changes in the future.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:58 PM

I'm a 13 round guy
Old 09-26-2015, 06:51 PM

For me, 13rd factory would cover 99% of what I use. I use KRD mags, but not enough to ever wear out the springs. I also utilize a couple 20rd factory mags on occasion, but once again, not enough to ever wear out a spring.

Last edited by BHP; 09-26-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:26 PM

Currently have 5 BHP mags:
3 OEM 13 rounds
1 Mecgar 13 round
1 Mecgar 15 round
13/15 round mag springs would do nicely for me, 13 round spring first to replace the older OEM springs.

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."
Old 10-07-2015, 05:28 AM

Tools are ready!

I'm happy to inform you that the mainspring tools are back from hardening and bluing. Today I'll make the final function tests and tomorrow they'll start their 6000 miles journey to you.
Thank you all for the support and the patience.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4926.JPG   IMG_4925.JPG  

Last edited by slav; 10-07-2015 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:07 AM

A thumbs up for the quality parts and service…you guys are truly a spring solution. Wish you the best in your business and hope to remain a customer for a long time!
"Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true." -- Buddha
Old 10-07-2015, 04:40 PM

Slav
I'm posting this to acknowledge my experience with your trigger return spring. I am primarily a 1911 shooter but also have a really nice customized MK III HiPower in 9mm. My gunsmith tuned the gun to have a really crisp 4lb trigger, however, I don't shoot it nearly as much as my 1911s due to the difference in reset between a tuned 1911 and a HiPower. I read about your line of replacement parts on this forum and ordered your trigger reset springs. I had my gunsmith install your 2 coil spring last weekend and am really pleased with the result. The difference between the factory spring is amazing. Obviously, it can't change the length of the reset due to the geometry of the Highpower trigger but it made the reset and the return motion of the trigger to the point of reset MUCH more positive the stock spring. The heavier spring did increase the weight of my trigger by about 3/4 lb but the overall feel of the trigger is so much better I will gladly accept a bit more resistance . The trigger also resets now with an audible click which is the first time I have had that experience with a HiPower. It isn't quite as audible as a Glock with the "New York" trigger, but definitely an audible, positive reset. Thanks again for a great product.
Joe
Old 10-07-2015, 05:00 PM

Joe,
I'm glad we could help you to enjoy your HiPower even more.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:51 PM

The NY trigger in a Glock is one notch quieter than slamming a car door
Old 10-08-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHP View Post
For me, 13rd factory would cover 99% of what I use. I use KRD mags, but not enough to ever wear out the springs. I also utilize a couple 20rd factory mags on occasion, but once again, not enough to ever wear out a spring.
I'd like to see a 15 round replacement spring for both the Mecgar and KRD magazines.