1791 holsters? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 11:27 PM

1791 holsters?

Probably should have asked BEFORE I ordered it but anybody have any opinions on their quality? I have the open top coming for my American Classic II.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:22 AM

There quite alright for a Mexican holster from looking at it. I like American holsters better like Kramer, Desantis, Rosen etc.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:52 PM

Their quality is better than some. IMHO I'm well pleased with the one I got for my Glock 45 for RMR. Really tight and the leather seems high quality but haven't worn it enough to see how it holds up. Cheap enough for a good leather holster, if it doesn't work out i'll just add it to the box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-O View Post
Their quality is better than some. IMHO I'm well pleased with the one I got for my Glock 45 for RMR. Really tight and the leather seems high quality but haven't worn it enough to see how it holds up. Cheap enough for a good leather holster, if it doesn't work out i'll just add it to the box.
Yeah, guess I'll do the same. I just figured I'd try a pancake for the first time. Cheaper gun so I didn't want to go big. If it's good enough for my Metro Arms 1911 I'll find a use for it.When I get a high end 1911 I'll Probably go for an Andrew's in Cape buffalo. If I can carry this style I'll most likely get it along with a shoulder rig.

Thanks guys. Good to know it's probably not junk.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:05 PM

The 1791 holsters I own are of good quality for the money. I would recommend them.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:17 AM

I recently got mine for a cz. It's a tight fit.
Fyi, the 3 way holster isn't exactly slim, because of the extra layer on the opposite side that makes it ambidextrous.
On the plus side, it's ambidextrous
There is no cant at all if carrying small of back.
But other then that it seems fine and well made.
Id also point out it was a 50 dollar holster and they shipped out in 3 days.
Iv spent 600 bucks in the last month on various holsters and I'm still waiting for most of them, and prolly gonna be waiting a while still, so their fast shipping was an added bonus and deserves recognition alone.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:17 PM

I bought two other equally priced holsters before I finally settled on a 1791.
Yes, the 1791s are made in Mexiko but the company is American-owned by veterans and their quality and customer service reflects that.
I have no complaints about mine, the fit is nice and tight, hide quality good, stitching perfect, fitment just right. Again, no complaints. I am satisfied. (and I have moderately high expectations these days)

Let us know how you like yours when it arrives.