No EDC X9L Love? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-13-2020, 02:27 PM

No EDC X9L Love?

I did a search in this forum on X9L and my guess is you could count on one hand the number of posters who got the gun. I don't have much context, but that doesn't seem to be a lot of love...but I could be way off base.

What's the current verdict on the gun if someone is looking for an approx 5" barrel gun to be used on the range, for HD and maybe some tactical classes for giggles? I live in NJ so any carry is out and so is more than 10 rounds. Staccato P or the X9L?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:00 PM

Earlier today I priced a EXPERIOR Doublestack Commander through Wilson and will probably order it later this week. Iíve had a X9 for awhile and while I like it there are some features Iím not crazy about, front serrations, external extractor and the rear sight. Iíve decided to carry my X9 this week and decide about the EXPERIOR. The XL is a great pistol and Iíve seen a couple sell on the secondary market that were priced right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pray for our Soldiers as you pass that Church...
Proud Father of a medically retired Cav Trooper...
Old 01-13-2020, 04:59 PM

I 'Love' it now! PM answered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2020, 05:09 PM

So far I’ve only taken mine to the range once but I enjoyed it.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:11 PM

Edc x9

I have an X9, love it. Pretty much love all of my Wilson's. what's not to like about a Wilson Combat, right ??
Old 01-14-2020, 10:29 AM

There's a thread in here somewhere discussing the release of the X9L. I can't seem to find it. But I predicted it would not be popular as I didn't see the demand for it.

The EDC X9 (with 4-inch barrel) was a homerun and I called that correct too on the day it was announced (leaked by a magazine) in this forum. That was (is) a genius design that has so many applications for use. The demand for the EDC X9 lasted for 2-3 years. Initially they were selling for more than MSRP.

But going back to the X9L, it really doesnt't offer anything more than the shorter EDC X9, with the exceptions of adding one inch to length and a barrel bushing.

The X9L's just aren't selling. There were only a handful sold in the first month. They can currently be found in the online sites for $400 under MSRP ($2,600 "Buy it now" price) and they still don't sell. That's nearly dealer cost.

The X9L is a real nice gun, just not much demand for it after the original EDC X9.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:09 PM

I ordered an EDC X9L through George-Gunslingers. It arrived at my FFL yesterday. Can't wait to get it tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by budrock56 View Post
I ordered an EDC X9L through George-Gunslingers. It arrived at my FFL yesterday. Can't wait to get it tomorrow.
It's a great gun, I think you will like it a LOT!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 01-14-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
It's a great gun, I think you will like it a LOT!
I am sure! I shot a friends before ordering. Really liked that one. Had some custom things done to mine.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by budrock56 View Post
I am sure! I shot a friends before ordering. Really liked that one. Had some custom things done to mine.
Let us know how it works out; I suspect it will be excellent.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 01-16-2020, 11:33 PM

I just picked one up at my LGS and shot a couple hundred rounds today with a group of friends. I did a lot of barricade drills with it and got the best score of the day in the group! It’s a very nice shooting gun. It likes to go fast. Nice balance. I got the large backstrap and short trigger. I had the 4” EDC X 9 and didn’t shoot it as well, so I traded it for this model.