WC Online Store - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-18-2020, 07:58 PM

WC Online Store

Were are the handguns coming from that are being sold on WC's website in their store? Are they orders from customers who ended up not buying the gun. Dealers shutting down? WC makes guns to sell on their website? Other sources? Very old stock? Would any of those guns have been made in the last month or two?

Thx
Old 01-18-2020, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1127 View Post
Were are the handguns coming from that are being sold on WC's website in their store? Are they orders from customers who ended up not buying the gun. Dealers shutting down? WC makes guns to sell on their website? Other sources? Very old stock? Would any of those guns have been made in the last month or two?

Thx
I don't know about all of the above, but I can give you a little history of their guns that are "in stock" for sale on their website. About 8 years ago, when they were still in the old facility and had no potential for "over production" there was no "online store". You ordered and waited. When they built the new facility, they had room for several things, one of which was increased production of the more popular builds, and they worked hard to get some available in stock to offer for sale without the wait - that is when we saw them offered in the website in their store. Most were extras they intentionally produced for available immediate sale on an ongoing basis, some may have been cancelled orders that were most of the way through their build, some could have been returned by closing dealers (strictly conjecture on my part on this point); who knows and really cares anyway? The nice thing about it is that if you see what you want available as "in stock" you can get what you're looking for without the wait in prior years. I'm going to take a guess that almost all of what is on their online store as "in stock" is pretty much recent build/production, but again that is just a guess.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 01-18-2020, 09:17 PM

The guns in Wilson’s in-stock list are there for customers who want their gun now instead of ordering from a dealer and having to wait 4 months.

That inventory is specifically there for the above stated purpose.

They are usually base-models with no added upgrades. But sometimes you will see a few with an added gold bead front sight or added magwell etc.

Occasionally there will be a few with several upgrades. Those rare few are likely special orders that were canceled. The customer probably loses their deposit. But I’ve only seen one that may fall into that category. It was stainless steel CQB Elite with Nitre Blue small parts and mammoth grips.

I toured WC’s facility in 2016. They have a walk-in safe bigger than most people’s apartments. They have hundreds on guns on hand. I’ve posted the photos a few times in this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2020, 09:24 PM

One thing I didn’t answer. Their inventory guns range from just built in the past week, to probably no more than a year old. In-stock inventory doesn’t stay long.

One nice thing about the inventory is, if you want a 30 LPI front strap, you have to get it from inventory because current production has switched to 25 LPI.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:34 AM

It is like Amazon.com, great CS, but they make returns tooooo easy, so if you buy underwear from Amazon, someone may have used them before you.

Just kidding, those guns have never been used...I purchased my 5th WC from their stock and couldn't be happier with it...Not sure what the concern is, how is WC stock any different then any dealer's stock. Yuk, at a dealer with a store-front, someone may have fondled the gun before you and then you get into a similar issue as the returned underwear to Amazon ;-).

But seriously, if you are interested in a gun, I am sure the CSR can tell you when it was built - just ask them...And what I will tell you, always field strip a new gun no matter how you obtained it, to make sure it is well-oiled. There is a lot of variation how guns come as far as oil usage. Not a big deal for regular use, but for break-in you want a lot of oil.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 01-19-2020 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:59 AM

One more serious comment to make up for my un-serious comments:

Generally, when paying this much for a gun, I would want to spec it from scratch, exactly how I want it...But I see you are from NJ and coordinating pistol permits (which expire), with the delivery of a from-scratch gun can be a pain. That is why I had to go out of stock with my last WC as my last permit was about to expire. It did work out fine for me, but just want you to be cognizant, WC will work with you to keep you informed of your build if you want to start one from scratch to time your pistol permit applications. WC will also be flexible holding the gun for you if it get built before your permits are available...The NJ permit process has improved imensly since I started out with much of it done on-line and much faster these days. So you will be fine either way.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 01-19-2020, 02:47 PM

I like buying from the store because I can see exactly what I'm getting.

I bought this in December and the test fire date was in September.

Last edited by Bradd D; 01-19-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
It is like Amazon.com, great CS, but they make returns tooooo easy, so if you buy underwear from Amazon, someone may have used them before you.

Just kidding, those guns have never been used...I purchased my 5th WC from their stock and couldn't be happier with it...Not sure what the concern is, how is WC stock any different then any dealer's stock. Yuk, at a dealer with a store-front, someone may have fondled the gun before you and then you get into a similar issue as the returned underwear to Amazon ;-).

But seriously, if you are interested in a gun, I am sure the CSR can tell you when it was built - just ask them...And what I will tell you, always field strip a new gun no matter how you obtained it, to make sure it is well-oiled. There is a lot of variation how guns come as far as oil usage. Not a big deal for regular use, but for break-in you want a lot of oil.
No concerns....just curious.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:32 PM

Often browse their online store. There is some new stock that comes in every once in awhile and while some appear to be base builds of various models some actually have some additional options.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:43 PM

The other reason is state’s like mine...crap rules and regs that make only certain “new” guns available on the roster.

They usually have a few CA compliant guns on hand for us to buy, like I did, online...directly from them. There are so few variations for us to choose from it is easy for them to sell and low risk to stock.