Inexpensive lightbox - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-03-2020, 04:23 PM

Inexpensive lightbox

I got tired of taking pix on the floor, chair seat, table, etc and getting less than wonderful results.

Well this little almost shoe sized light box from Ebay at $13 delivered does a much better job than I expected it to. It comes with six cloth type backgrounds (red, green, blue,black, white, and yellow) and makes getting a decent shot with minimal shading easier.

It has two rows of white surface mount LED's a USB "Y" cable supplied for power.

I thought I'd have to change out some of the LED's to a warmer color for a decent color balance but it's pretty good as it is for the dollar$ spent. Add to that it really maximizes the less than GR8 pic quality of my phone, and now I don't have to go dragging out the Nikon to get a decent pic.

https://postimg.cc/F10bqcFX

https://postimg.cc/7C7MkT1z
Old 01-03-2020, 04:32 PM

I have the same one. Decent size for taking pictures of small parts. I think the LEDs need a cover that should disperse the light. I'm getting quite some reflections of the led bars.
I'm happy with the lightbox though.

BHSpringSolutions.com - Hi-Power, 1911, CZ75 and Makarov Springs, Grips and Tools
Old 01-03-2020, 05:38 PM

You're right, it may have a few hot spots and shaded areas.

I have a flat plastic Fresnel lens that I may try diddling with to try and solve that. It's about the right size of the interior and if it works out I'll just cut a hole in the center of it for the camera.

This box was an inexpensive test, I may get this one too, it's almost 24" square, but I did not want to start with it as it's 4x the buckazoids.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/7C8AA...Of/s-l1600.jpg