Santa Brought me Another FEG Hi Power - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-23-2019, 06:11 PM

Santa Brought me Another FEG Hi Power

Cheap bastard made me pay for it though.

Local pawn shop had this on the shelf, asking $300 bucks. I inspected it and found while it was LNIB the magazine safety had been deleted.

I told the guy behind the counter the gun had been modified from factory specs and offered him $250 cash for it. 10 minutes and $16.50 more in tax it's out the door with me.

Quick stop at home to clean it and snag a couple boxes of ammo and to the range I go

I ran a quick 200 rounds through it at 10 yards. 1st 50 rounds I was just making sure the gun functioned right. After that I got down to aiming it.

I swear the head shots I put 100 rounds into, you can how that went The gun seemed like it shot a tad high but that could be me. The last HP that didn't have the mag safety in (I've never taken them out, I teach myself to compensate for the trigger slope) was my 1st one, a WWII Bringback that my ex sold on my years ago.

Gun ran like a scared rabbit. My only plans for this right now besides shooting the hell out of it is replacing the grips with Hogue's. I'm really tempted to rip the set my POS Tisa has on them but I'm waiting....I'm planning on having Slav figure out it's issues after the holidays and I catch up on the bills
Old 12-23-2019, 07:15 PM

That's a real solid deal on a nice hi power! The FEG is a solid clone.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2019, 10:28 AM

Santa might have made you pay, but he hooked you up to a good deal. Congratulations on your new FEG and enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2019, 05:07 PM

I have several FEG’s and they are fine clones of the Hi Power
Attached Thumbnails
43FA5706-B5AF-4C57-90DC-915889A06C77.jpeg  
Old 12-24-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibmikey View Post
I have several FEG’s and they are fine clones of the Hi Power
My 2nd, I got one last year and it's getting a trigger job but I'm keeping the mag safety on it.

I've been wanting a clone I could take the mag safety off of and use as a target pistol, this one should fill the bill and outside of the Hogue grips on order I shouldn't need to do anything but burn ammo through it
Old 12-24-2019, 07:19 PM

great find!!! I have had a couple over the years. I presume it is a PJK-9HP which is the only true HP clone I believe.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flynn View Post
Cheap bastard made me pay for it though.

Local pawn shop had this on the shelf, asking $300 bucks. I inspected it and found while it was LNIB the magazine safety had been deleted.

I told the guy behind the counter the gun had been modified from factory specs and offered him $250 cash for it. 10 minutes and $16.50 more in tax it's out the door with me.

Quick stop at home to clean it and snag a couple boxes of ammo and to the range I go

I ran a quick 200 rounds through it at 10 yards. 1st 50 rounds I was just making sure the gun functioned right. After that I got down to aiming it.

I swear the head shots I put 100 rounds into, you can how that went The gun seemed like it shot a tad high but that could be me. The last HP that didn't have the mag safety in (I've never taken them out, I teach myself to compensate for the trigger slope) was my 1st one, a WWII Bringback that my ex sold on my years ago.

Gun ran like a scared rabbit. My only plans for this right now besides shooting the hell out of it is replacing the grips with Hogue's. I'm really tempted to rip the set my POS Tisa has on them but I'm waiting....I'm planning on having Slav figure out it's issues after the holidays and I catch up on the bills
S C O R E ! ! !

I love FEG's! And you got the one with the cool safety. VERY nice dood!
Old 12-24-2019, 09:28 PM

FEGs are one of the best bargains of the used handgun market, IMO. Good buy.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watch collector View Post
great find!!! I have had a couple over the years. I presume it is a PJK-9HP which is the only true HP clone I believe.

It is
Old 12-24-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
FEGs are one of the best bargains of the used handgun market, IMO. Good buy.
3rd one I've run across in the past couple months. I saw one a couple weeks before Black Friday, NIB that the gun shop it was at wanted $400 bucks for. I had to work the following weekend so by the time I talked myself into buying it it was gone of course.

I saw this one last Friday and figured better get it while it was there. $300 would have been acceptable but this local pawn shop really doesn't have any "gun people" behind the counter so I figured I'd explain the lack of a mag safety was a modification and make the $250 dollar offer.

I'm going to have to put this pawn shop on my monthly stop list (it's close). They just started selling guns this year and in the few months I've been stopping by they've had a couple things I almost walked out with
Old 01-01-2020, 05:13 PM

Congrats on the score Don.

I'm off on Mondays and it's my pawn shop day. I've had great luck in adding to my collection from pawn shop finds including a recent all matching M1896 Swede Mauser for $238.50 out the door.

I've taken home the only two HP cloned FEG's I've come across. A local shop has had one in stock for months but it has the S&W guts so I'm not interested in it.