Chen/Legacy Custom Magwell - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > > >

Notices

Old 05-15-2012, 09:48 PM

if it wasn't for a competent gunsmith availability, all my 1911s would have this magwell.... Great gunsmiths are no longer taking work orders as they are backlogged for years.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 PM

I've got one of these installed on a new build that's being completed by Chris @ Combat Precision. I got to run the gun a month ago in a class (even thought the cosmetic finishes to the gun weren't done yet). LOVED the magwell. I only missed one reload all weekend- and it was because I fumbled the mag and dropped it.

The Chen magwell is "the bees knees" for a reason people.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 AM

Did combat precision do the front strap on that pistol?

Im holding out for Rogers Precision to do my work but that front strap treatment looks nice!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGI View Post
Did combat precision do the front strap on that pistol?

Im holding out for Rogers Precision to do my work but that front strap treatment looks nice!
Yes, Chris did. It's his "Agressor" treatment and it really is awesome.

To stay on topic, here's another shot of the magwell, it really integrates very well. I ordered it on this pistol having never held or used one with the Chen magwell, and I was thrilled when I finally had it in hand- it was better than I had hoped it would be!

Old 01-22-2019, 04:42 PM

Mr. Chen, I know this is an old post, can you give me a weight on the unit one magwell? I think this is the one you are refering to in this thread. I am building a frame for USPSA single stack with a weight limit of 43 oz. I am at a completed weight now with magazine, of 41.7 oz with an aluminum mainspring housing. I know I will recover some weight when I cut the frame.

Also, which do you prefer for attachment, TIG weld or silver solder? If solder, what specific type? I am leaning towards a Black Nitride finish, which requires 1000-1100 degrees of heat, so the solder should be able to withstand this. Hard chrome would be a second choice.