1911Forum banner

Suppliers of ivory 1911 stocks or grips

162K views 96 replies 71 participants last post by  DE.Frank 
#1 · (Edited)
Nutmeg Sports www.nutmegsports.com
Boone Trading Co. www.boonetrading.com
Elen Hunting & Importing Inc. www.elenhunting.com

If you know of others offering real elephant and/or mammoth ivory stocks or grips, feel free to add the name of the company and a link to their web page.

Don't use this thread to ask questions about grip designs and where to find them. The thread is to be used to list makers of ivory grips. Thank you.

#9 ·
www.1911customgrips.com

Mammoth Ivory 1911 Grips, unique wood grips, unusual materials like mammoth bone and walrus bone, elephant ivory grips, Sambar stag grips, maral deer and grips from other deer species. Please take a look as there are also walrus ivory grips there for sale.

#10 ·
Mike Poulin does, his link is at the hometown.aol link above. His grips are the finest I have examined and I have seen most of the others mentioned in this thread.

#13 ·
Charles Spresser... (TN.)

I've purchased several sets of Charles' various offerings
over the last few years... He does really fabulous work..!

http://spresserknifeworks.itgo.com/

The first time I met (& purchased from) him was @ what I call a
"Micro-Show" in an Auditorium in Kingsport, TN. I purchased a set
of Gen. Ivory (Harvested in Africa the same month & year I was born..!)
w/ a certificate of legal import & facts of the harvest. For all I know he
may still have some of the same Ivory available..!?!

Good guy w/ albeit, bordering slow, but otherwise terrific
customer service; over all, Highly recommended..! :rock:

Eric! :cool:

#30 ·
I have been making and selling 1911's in Wooly Mammoth for several years. Up to this point, most have gone to dealers, but at a recent show someone suggested I post out here. So, here is my link: www.danchinnock.com

Thanks,
Dan
Dan, I have to be honest-I wasn't all that big on Ivory, more likely to be interested in the scrimshaw that was done on it.

Then you had to show off that ocean blue mammoth ivory...

oh man are those some beautiful grips! I'd spend the rest of my life looking for a perfect 70 Series Colt to put a set of those on!

Oh hell, who am I kidding, they'd make my Stainless Springer look even better!

#19 ·
Beautiful stuff.. i wish i had the extra 3 bills for a nice set of elephant ivory. i luv the look of white ivory with stainless..so 60's or whatever era.. actually thinking of bonded ivory.. not sure about them ? a 1000 dollar gun comes with the black laminates.. really want to improve apon them..but not sure if going with 50 dollar bonded ivory does the pistol justice..but need a holster as well so that 100..for that. altamont has some bonded that you can get scrimshawed..just dont want a cheesy look. cant wait to see what you end up with i can at least live vicariously.

#22 ·
Another seller/ grip maker of Ivory/ Mammoth grips.

I have longed for a Reeder custom gun since first reading about a custom build using Caspian parts in Guns and Ammo magazine. It was a custom Long slide then I went to there website and drooled at all they offer. Anyways enough on that here is the link.
http://www.reedercustomguns.com/revolvers/grips/Default.htm

#24 ·
I bought my ivory grips from SARGE. They are absolutely perfect and really dress up my old Combat Commander.
SARGE's turn around times are stupendous also.

Whatever you may want, SARGE can do it.:rock::rock::rock::rock: