1911Forum banner

Recommenced CCW Insurance

8K views 50 replies 45 participants last post by  dnbelowcoltacp 
#1 ·
What offered CCW insurance do you recommend? Looking at NRA, USCCA and others.
Have you had to use the service?
What level do you feel you need?
Thanks for all!
Semper Fi!

#31 ·
Well, after looking into these "insurance" products, I've concluded that they are close to worthless.

First, you have to defend yourself. You get nothing until you're acquitted. You have to fund EVERYTHING yourself and only get reimbursed if you are acquitted.

So, let's say you find yourself in that horrific situation where you need to defend your life with deadly force. Will you be arrested? Yes, in the vast majority of cases you will be arrested. Unless it's patently clear to the responding LEOs that you're the good guy, you're going to jail. Let's face it, if the cops don't know you what they see is one guy laying on the pavement in a pool of blood and another guy with a gun. Poof! He's the victim and you're the perp. Simple deduction Watson.

• Will your insurance help you with bond? Nope.
  • Will your insurance be a resource for attorneys skilled in self-defense law and experienced at defending a real self-defense case. Not a change. The vast majority of criminal atty's have zero experience defending a real self-defense case.
  • What happens if the judge dismisses the case after a year or two of expensive legal maneuvering? Nothing, that's not an acquittal.

OTOH, the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network makes sense. Good sense.

Same lamentable situation. You call the Network hotline. Someone gets the ball rolling on your behalf ASAP. As long as the case sounds like a legit self-defense case, the atty retainer is fronted immediately. Things are set into motion that may be critical to your defense later, but also tend to support your status as the real victim defending himself.

How much support the Network will provide is decided on a case-by-case basis, but the real deal is that all of this occurs as the case progresses. You don't have to wait and be acquitted to benefit.

#32 ·
Here's my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

I've been carrying since 1976. I have never had to use my firearm to defend myself or others, thankfully.

Imagine now, if I had been paying for "self defense" insurance all the years I've been carrying, how much money I would have spent.

Chances are, you're not going to use your firearm so you don't need insurance. I have my attorney's phone number programed in my phone should I ever feel the need to call him.

#35 ·
This works for me.

And my attorney is peer rated as an AV on Martindale.

#40 ·
After resurch I second the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network (ACLDN). Not just for the insuranse but also the quality education - some of the best instructors in the country involve with ACLDN.

Grant

#41 · (Edited)
Personal Defense Coverage

I was at a gun show in Orlando, Florida this weekend and there was a rep there for US Lawshield, a firearms legal defense program. I talked with him briefly. The basic coverage for one state coverage is $10.95 per month for one adult/21.90 for two adults. From the brochure; you get a 24/7 emergency hotline number to an firearms program attorney, zero attorney fees for covered events, no limits or deductibles, not a reimbursement scheme, gun law workshops and seminars, newsletters, largest attorney network. Covers all legal weapons. I don't know how this program compares to the other programs that are available. Check it out at: https://www.uslawshield.com/

I am not sure of any specifics of the coverage but in today's world, it seems it would be prudent to be protected just in case you need it. I too am looking and thinking about joining a firearms legal defense program.

Dave

#43 · (Edited)
It's the biggest crock of crap since the previous crock of crap. And if people persist in trying to get you to buy into it, ie, the NRA, USCCA and the rest, and if people keep buying into it, sooner rather then later some mightier then thou politician who thinks and feels he and the rest of them know what's best for us, on top of using it to take some peoples, those who can't afford it, 2nd Amendment Rights away, is going to start a bill, a bill that I guarantee will get plenty of sponsors and co-sponsors, that will make getting this biggest crock of crap mandatory. And if it doesn't come up and or pass in D.C., it'll come up as a bill, with plenty of sponsors and co-sponsors, in those states that already limit and hinder ones 2nd Amendment Rights. And if you or anyone else thinks it or they won't or won't try, you and they might want to re-think it!

You want to buy into it and can afford it, be my guest. But I for one never will and it's what will be the #1 cause I do not re-new my NRA membership when it's up in 2018. Because I'm sick of them getting in on the hype. Because they're only getting in on it because there's money, kick-back percentage, for everyone they direct to whichever insurance agent or company is offering it.

Did I say it's a crock of crap? You can have all the insurance in the world and still get the shaft.

#45 · (Edited)
Paying for the basic right to defend one's self sounds like just another liberal plan:barf: to torpedo the 2A.

Still, if one resides in "that sort of state", I understand that it might be prudent ....

And on the other side, there's the excellent point raised by ambidextrous in post #10 (+1911).

Deserves a lot of reflective thought, considering both theoretical and practical elements in one's state of residency.

In my state/region, criminals are generally not conceded the higher status ... But in a state/region that presumes the criminal is "good person", the equation might well be different.

#46 ·
I have USCCA platinum . Insurance is an interesting thing. Sometimes the law says you need to show financial responsibility like with auto coverage as one method to do that. Then homeowners the mortgage company make you buy. I am in the insurance industry ( big insurance) and see cases every day where the plaintiff attorney sets his/her demand on the exact amount of the policy limits. I think the argument can be made not to have insurance and also to have it. With all the libtards out there and activist judges then prosecutors that want to set an agenda I choose to protect my assets with insurance.

#51 ·
X2 If there is a chance we could lose everything, then insurance is what makes me feel better. Sure, everything can be argued, but I don't want to be in the toughest financial battle of my family's life and wonder how to come up with the money needed to get out of jail to start fighting.......KB.

#47 ·
Ditto to Dawg23. He has it right and thoroughly explaned. ACLDN is the way to go. It is not insurance, however so for those of you who feel avoiding insurance companies is right up there next to avoiding IRS and bankers ACLDN should be for you. Remember the primary and number one goal of insurance companies is to avoid paying claims.

Plus the price of ACLDN is right. A lot of the others offer that 1 million dollar civil defense fund. How many of you have 1 million of assets to defend? Do you really want to pay the premiums necessary to furnish legal representation for something that you will never use? Those who have accumulated a million or more have learned along the way how to protect it without worrying about getting sued. Staying out of jail is my goal and that is ACLDN's primary purpose.

My wife and I have been paying members for 4 years now. Several of those who have benefited from ACLDN help have shared their experiences. All reports have been good.

#50 ·
Yes, my guess is that someone is out there selling insurance.

Against meteor strikes also. PT Barnum summed it up well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.