1911Forum banner

Your nightstand firearm... Be honest

445K views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  Swampfox69 
#1 ·
chambered, ready to go or magazine nearby?
In the drawer, on the bedside or in a gunvault or nearby safe?

#1,747 · (Edited)
This is my setup for my room in the order I would grab them.

Keltec PLR-16 with TLR-1HL and 41 rounds of hornady TAP 75gr guided by a Truglow
green laser under my bed.

Wilson Combat BW carry with 8 rounds Barnes TAC-XPD +P .45 and a Surefire handheld light on the nightstand. (Also is my carry gun)

LWRC M6-IC SPR with 31 rounds of 75gr TAP with a TLR-1HPL guided by a Aimpoint Comp M4s in the 2nd room. My plate carrier is above it with 4 mags of M855 and 4 1911 mags ready to throw on.

DB9 with 7 rounds of hornady FTX on a magnet base under the desk.

Benelli M1 with 7+1+1 of 00 buck behind the door. It's a classic gun with only iron sights and no fanciness going on, I use it for 3 gun and it gets to hang out with me and my other 3 gun gear.

(I have an odd suite of rooms with one linked to the back of the other, rifle is in the deeper room with the computer)

#1,748 ·
Oh yeah, the PLR-16 and LWRC both have SWR specwar suppressors (One 5.56 the other off my SCAR 17) on them so I don't go deaf.

For a time I had the SCAR 17 but even with TAP rounds I am fairly sure 7.62 will over pen like crazy.

#1,750 ·
I'm "old school": Primary nightstand - Smith & Wesson 3" Model 65 357 Mag. loaded with handloaded 38 Special 158 gr. LSWC Hpts +P. Two speed loaders beside it.

This sits alongside a relatively new S&W Shield in 9mm which is also loaded with Fed. 124 gr. HST ammo.

Muad (who would grab the Smith 65 first if the need arise)

#1,765 ·
Everything is chambered with a topped off magazine. Some stuff in the safe, and two in a lock box.

I'd prefer the ar-15 with a flashlight on the rails and an aimpoint pro for a self-defense in the house situation, but if i only feel that I have time for the lockbox I'd probably grab my 1911 over my duty weapon (sig 229 in 40). I handle even 3 inch aluminum framed 1911's better than the 229.

#1,767 ·
XDM 9mm chambered and 19 rounds of HST 147gr and extra 19 round mag on top of the nightstand. Beside the nightstand 12 gauge pump extended with 10 rounds of 6 shot unchambered. (Love the sound of a pump shot gun racking a round).
Under the bed, LWRC IC SPR and 14 loaded 30 round mags.
Beside the bed, 3ea. 75 pounds chew your legs off dogs.
I sleep well.

#1,769 ·
Ready to go

Sort of depends on what I have been carrying that day. But either a Glock 43, Glock 19 with laser, Colt Commander or Smith J frame....and that is after they get past my 90 lb GSD.....female....as they are always meaner just like their human counterparts.:D Commander would need to be pulled from shoulder rig I have hanging on one of those valets. everything else next to bed.

#1,773 · (Edited)
night stand firearm is the same as daily user, G19/S3F barrel/apex trigger/ameriglo hacks/vickers extended slide stop and mag release/147gr hst

inside is more of the same. G19s, mags, lights, pmags, some bleeder kit