1911Forum banner

Awww shucks. Armed robber run over by victims shoots himself in head

4K views 42 replies 29 participants last post by  wormraper 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That is awesome!

My wife and I got a really good laugh out of that one. Talk about justice being served. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#9 ·
I can't condone the victims purposely hitting the gunman with their car like that, but if you play dangerous games and violently threaten people don't be surprised if karma creeps up and bites you in the ass. Trainers teach us all kinds of things like the rules of engagement and judicious use of force, but when you've just been assaulted and you're filled with a toxic mix of fear, adrenaline and anger it's hard to suppress the desire to give the son of a b---- a taste of their own medicine.

#12 ·
I have zero sympathy for the gunman. It would be easy to articulate that the people in the car were worried he was going to car jack or rob someone rose immediately following his stunt at the Dennys. The getaway car left him, he was in a bind, they were just trying to stop him from assaulting other people.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Fleeing felon with gun still in hand. Get away car left him high and dry.
He was now a panicked armed robber who most likely would have carjacked the first person he came across. The victims were just doing a public service and saving them from him by taking him out of the fight. :biglaugh:

#24 ·
I have no empathy for the vermin, but I do have concerns for the motorist.

If we analyze this in the same fashion that we would an armed self defense situation, things could look bad for the driver. The vermin was fleeing, no longer a threat. Getting run over from behind would be comparable to shooting and assailant in the back. If a comparable scenario occurred with a CCW holder, the CCW holder would be found guilty. Doubt that the driver's insurance will protect him/her.

Am I against what happened? No. Just analyzing it as if it was a self defense shooting.

#31 ·
I think that shooting yourself in California.

That it is a felony.

#33 ·
Sometimes there's the legal thing and sometimes there is simply justice. Probably saved some other innocents later from harm.

This falls under what I have often referred to as Implied Consent. You go to rob, rape, or murder someone, or enter someone's home uninvited, as in breaking and entering or home invasion, then by your actions you give your implied consent to whatever happens to you.

As Kurt Russel's Wyatt Earp character in Tombstone said, "You called down the thunder!..."

#36 ·
That Dennys is just down the street from the Hawthorne police station. The whole force probably came out to see that demonstration of gun control.

#37 ·
They will be a new gun test to get guns on the approved Roster. The flying Gumby test. Also, this guy had not passed his FSC test and was not carrying his Firearms Safety Certificate as required. I see new legislation coming to protect us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.