1911Forum banner

3 3 3

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sam1 
#1 ·
You know I've haven't thought of this old "rule" in a long time.Does it mean both combatants shots total 3? Are the guns drawn already? I don't practice at this because I couldn't possibly miss at 3 feet and I would be ready.Not! I'm 70 so you know I have the reflexes of a cat,one squashed in the middle of the road.I think it's time to add this scenario ? Sp. to my practice.An airwt. In my R pocket with my hand in my pocket.I welcome anyone educating me on this.(I would be carrying my regular pistol also.)

#3 ·
Its an old generalization about LE and SD engagements- 3 rounds fired, from an average of 3 yards (as I've always heard it) and over in 3 seconds....

Its averages, but its also a carryover from the days when revolvers were the norm... if this was re assessed using current information, I'd wager the round count goes up.

#4 ·
My academy ('91) taught something similar. Police shootings averaged 3 round, in 3 seconds at a conversation distance or about an arms reach away in low-light.

3 rounds, 3 seconds at 3 feet is a good reference point to practice some CQB.

The "7 yard rule" was a favorite of mine.

#7 ·
Well shame on me,this same topic was discussed on the forum 1/2016,my fault I' m Sorry moderator if I read the suggestions more Everybody would be better off.One other thing don't underestimate how fast the guys that shot double action revolvers all their life were ..Ammo capacity is another thing though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.