1911Forum banner

Finally added a full size M.T. to my EDC

879 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  230slugster 
#1 · (Edited)
So for the past couple years I have had a micro multi tool in my EDC rotation. The Gerber Dime. And it has worked great for what it was. But i was yearning for a bigger heavier duty MT. I don't care for the huge bulky ones with 1000 tools on it.

I criteria were simple.
- pliers
- Phillips and flat head drivers
- knife
- package opener
- durable and MUST have a pocket clip.

My choices were narrowed down to the Leatherman Wingman and the Rev. The difference of 10 dollars meaning scissors. But I can life without so I went with the lighter, slightly thinner Rev. And I really like it. I carries nicely in the back pocket. It seems tough. Has a nice pointy splinter gitter knife, Phillips and flathead drivers, package opener, nail file, and a can opener. Along with the heavy pliers. It all that I want and not much else. And for 29.99 I said what the hell. It can get me out of a bind than it has served its purpose.

#3 ·
Little carry update. The hinge on the pliers was pretty stiff and made one handed opening a little difficult. But some spray down with some silicon lube cleaned it all up almost instantly.

The handle will drop open on its own weight now. I have used the Phillips and flathead drivers at work and they seem pretty strong. I haven't torqued anything down real tight but just hand tight and the drivers don't flex one bit.

I used the file the other day to file down some stainless cable tray we cut with a portaband. The file did pretty well. I would like if the file was a little finer cut.

The wire cutters worked real nice and cut with a crisp snap. Used it to trim down some CATV cable to punch down ends on them.

I am an electrician by day. And this MT is coming in handy. And I actually get to use it so it isn't a pocket queen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.