1911Forum banner

Another cross draw

856 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  YVK 
#1 ·
In many handgun forums, there is always a lot of "what if's" like zombie apocalypse, end of civilization, attacked by a animal or street gang. I would think, with all the possible things that could possibly go wrong in a persons week, that cross draw holster's would be much popular. With a cross draw rig, if a person was wounded, slipped on the ice, took a fall or was struggling with a attacker of some kind, it would be nice to be able to draw a handgun with either hand. Just a thought.

#2 ·
Seems to me the cant on a crossdraw would be very difficult to draw with the opposite hand. Don't know, never tried it but as a right hander my crossdraw sitting on my left side cants very much towards the right side. I think trying to get it out smoothly with my left hand would be tough. Going to try out your idea though.

#3 ·
It's not very fast to draw with your weak hand like that, but try drawing your gun with the weak hand from a strong side holster. It's possible but probably much easier when younger. I only brought it up because over the years I've managed to smash my hand when logs rolled over it, and dislocated my thumb while sparing, so I know sometimes things happen that make gun handling a little difficult sometimes.

#4 ·
All in front of the hip options, crossdraw or AIWB, are considerably faster than behind the hip options for a WHO draw. Some people can't even reach their gun at 3-4:30 position with a support hand. AIWB in some way is superior that way because it is usually a straight drop, with easier access to the grip from a support side. I've a couple of techniques for that. Cross draw WHO is usually a two step act, pulling a gun part way out and the reseating it with a grip up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.