CA now locked down - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-19-2020, 09:26 PM

CA now locked down

Guys---Mandatory Stay Home orders have now been issued for all of California.

Have fun laughing for now, but it will probably be coming to your state soon.

I'm stocked and armed. It's gonna be a ride. Hopefully a boring, not exciting one.

--------- Your friend behind the wire.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:29 PM

Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2020, 09:31 PM
Administrator

So for how long, are they saying? And what if you don't have enough food stocked up yet? Are you SOL?
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2020, 09:58 PM

Given that a significantly % of the population lives on fast food and takeout, and few have more than a few days on hand, i done see this working well...
Not to mention that pesky Constitution....
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 03-19-2020, 10:17 PM

Medical, financial, food trips not included.

Let’s not create fires just because we’re bored boys and girls. He’s talking about no public gatherings, no unnecessary trips.

It sucks, but this thing is a political football only if we make it. Which given the circumstances would be pretty small minded.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:33 PM

My wife and I are not overly concerned about this.

We have projects galore. Spring is always busy here. She is getting the crops in and I need to start on next winters firewood.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:03 AM

A close friend has a son who has been working in the music production business in CA for a couple years. His employer laid him off about the time the CA stay home order was issued. He grabbed a tank of gas, pointed his truck toward Texas and ran for the border. He was born here and can now say he escaped captivity. We’re gonna get him a T shirt. I told him not to go out there in the first place!
Old 03-20-2020, 12:41 AM

Los Angeles is locked down too. Just received an email from Turners...a large chain of sporting goods and guns. As of tonight they are making no new appointments to sell guns or ammunition. This is based on the California and Los Angeles "Orders" that prohibit all non essential travel, limiting it to travel for food, medicine, or essential work. Turners is honoring gun delivery (after the 10 day waiting period) purchased through today, but will not be selling any more starting tomorrow. Same with ammo. Anyone know of other stores following this policy?
Old 03-20-2020, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
We have projects galore. Spring is always busy here. She is getting the crops in and I need to start on next winters firewood.
Bingo, same here. Along with planting the garden.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post

I'm stocked and armed. It's gonna be a ride. Hopefully a boring, not exciting one.

NY, NJ, Ct and Pa may not be far behind since the numbers keep growing.
But, necessary excursions for food, fuel, financial and work are permitted.

Last edited by Plantar5; 03-20-2020 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORM2 View Post
A close friend has a son who has been working in the music production business in CA for a couple years. His employer laid him off about the time the CA stay home order was issued. He grabbed a tank of gas, pointed his truck toward Texas and ran for the border. He was born here and can now say he escaped captivity. We’re gonna get him a T shirt. I told him not to go out there in the first place!
Why is he coming to Texas?

We already have too many Californians here.
Somebody meet him at the border and turn him around-back to California.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:28 AM

40 million people all packed into the grocery stores, panicking
Lines at the gas stations. No better way to spread the crap to all the people. It’s not a lockdown when they give everybody 15 reasons why they can be out and about. It will stop employers from forcing their employees to be at work though! It won’t stop the looters from knowing that!
Old 03-20-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
40 million people all packed into the grocery stores, panicking
Lines at the gas stations. No better way to spread the crap to all the people
. It’s not a lockdown when they give everybody 15 reasons why they can be out and about. It will stop employers from forcing their employees to be at work though! It won’t stop the looters from knowing that!
Yes, it is very unfortunate that the media and some in the CDC induced this national panic. They keep talking about helping those most at risk, 60+ with preconditions, but they are creating conditions by inducing the national panic which are exactly the worse for the high-risk groups.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 03-20-2020, 07:00 AM

Well, I've been expecting this. Freezer is stocked up. Pantry could have more can goods, but since it's just me, I'll get by.
I have an AR lower to pick up on Saturday. I'm going to try for it. I have a mask. I don't HAVE to pick it up for another 3 weeks. But I want to get it before there's an order to close gunships.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Yes, it is very unfortunate that the media and some in the CDC induced this national panic. They keep talking about helping those most at risk, 60+ with preconditions, but they are creating conditions by inducing the national panic which are exactly the worse for the high-risk groups.
And some in Congress. Mostly those with a D by their names.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:40 AM

Two weeks ago.....there was no panic. So the panic wasn't created by those who have been warning of Covid-19 for the past 3 months. Rather, the panic was created when there were those in our government who for the past 2 and a half months said "Meh....it's the flu.....it's all under control".....then 2 weeks ago, those same people realized "Oh snap.....this thing is real"......and thus started having daily press reports with their lapdog lackies at their side....all while showing they were about as prepared as Lehman Bros was in 2008.

THAT'S what caused the panic.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:19 AM

Baaaaa!
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 03-20-2020, 10:09 AM

A trip to my LGS for primers is an essential reason to leave home!!!
Old 03-20-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Why is he coming to Texas?

We already have too many Californians here.
Somebody meet him at the border and turn him around-back to California.
He lives here, born here. He was only in CA for a school/internship job. He is allowed back in even if he exercised poor judgement in accepting the job.

Last edited by STORM2; 03-20-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Two weeks ago.....there was no panic. So the panic wasn't created by those who have been warning of Covid-19 for the past 3 months. Rather, the panic was created when there were those in our government who for the past 2 and a half months said "Meh....it's the flu.....it's all under control".....then 2 weeks ago, those same people realized "Oh snap.....this thing is real"......and thus started having daily press reports with their lapdog lackies at their side....all while showing they were about as prepared as Lehman Bros was in 2008.

THAT'S what caused the panic.
C'mon man......months ago, travel was shut down from China. POTUS was called a racist for doing it right away. Everything was in full swing after that. Just because the media is not satisfied with industry not being able to churn out 10 million test kits in 24 hours, now its his fault. We are far more prepared than any other country. You cant just crap out a billion high tech ventilators over night either. No other administration would have done any better. AND it is the RED CHINESE KUNG FLU!
Old 03-20-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
C'mon man......months ago, travel was shut down from China. POTUS was called a racist for doing it right away. Everything was in full swing after that. Just because the media is not satisfied with industry not being able to churn out 10 million test kits in 24 hours, now its his fault. We are far more prepared than any other country. You cant just crap out a billion high tech ventilators over night either. No other administration would have done any better. AND it is the RED CHINESE KUNG FLU!
+1911, and that is exactly why the media will flame the hysteria as long as possible, last chance to destroy POTUS before the election.

Obama's Administration ruled over the deaths of 12,000+ Americans during swine flue, and nobody said jack-squat about it. No media Hysteria, no Toilet Paper shortages. Right now we have 218 deaths in US from CV. Unlikely to get near 12,000 imo.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 03-20-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post

Ok he issued that order & I do see wisdom in not going into places where there are large crowds. I'm wondering what teeth are in the order? How can he inforce it, is it even legal? Just wondering.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:35 AM

Eh. I caught it from somewhere and it's really not even as annoying as real flu. Barely stopped me for a day and mostly because I was unsure why I was feeling off and decided to sleep.

I'm now certain this is overreaction at its finest
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-20-2020, 11:38 AM

POTUS just tore a lefty reporter in the press conference a new A-xxxx for sensationalizing and causing panic. POTUS really laid into him in...218 dead and mass-hysteria, the Lefty media should be put on one of those cruise ships that are empty now and dumped in the middle of the pacific.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 03-20-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
And some in Congress. Mostly those with a D by their names.
Not to mention the Mayor on NYC. World-class Dirt-Bag.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper