Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
This statement contradicts itself- if there were "plenty" of conservative, 2A supporters in CA, then you would not be in your current predicament. You would not be "outnumbered"....
California has a population of nearly 40 million, which is more than most its neighboring states combined. There are indeed a lot of pro-2A people there. A Glock rep once told me that CA was their largest market here in the USA, which is why they continue to make the 3rd-gen models since that's all they can sell there. The problem is, having upwards of 10 million gun owners in CA is of little use if they're outnumbered by 30 million who are not gun owners and most likely anti-gun. But if all those gun owners moved up here to WA we'd become a red state overnight... we only have a combined population of 7.5 million.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:09 AM

Btw, I invite anyone here to please check out the news source (RT AMERICA) wccountryboy referenced.

It's a registered foreign agent funded by the Russian government .

Does that mean it's fake news? No. But is that...........odd? Oh yeah.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
California has a population of nearly 40 million, which is more than most its neighboring states combined. There are indeed a lot of pro-2A people there. A Glock rep once told me that CA was their largest market here in the USA, which is why they continue to make the 3rd-gen models since that's all they can sell there. The problem is, having upwards of 10 million gun owners in CA is of little use if they're outnumbered by 30 million who are not gun owners and most likely anti-gun. But if all those gun owners moved up here to WA we'd become a red state overnight... we only have a combined population of 7.5 million.
That right there is as about an accurate summation of our condition as I have ever seen...

It also includes the flight quotient of Ex CA people infiltrating neighboring states...many of those are 2A folks...many are not.

Well stated.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder Guy View Post
I’ve got that area covered as well.
Looks like you got it covered. Blanton's is harder to find than TP around here but I find a bottle every now and then.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmy View Post
That right there is as about an accurate summation of our condition as I have ever seen...

It also includes the flight quotient of Ex CA people infiltrating neighboring states...many of those are 2A folks...many are not.

Well stated.
I've often thought of moving to Wyoming if things really turn to shiznit here in WA. Only a half-million people in a state roughly the same size as Washington. Unfortunately all it would take is Amazon coming to Wyoming and bringing a million or so wealthy, educated liberals to work there and even that state would suddenly turn blue.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmy View Post
It really is amazing how many sheep live in this state. The ease with which the sheeple have been influenced to act like complete morons...running out and buying TP and all kinds of other items...

Up in the mountains...where people actually think for themselves and are not reliant on being told how to think and act by social media...the stores are just fine. Got fresh meat and veggies today...

Down at our place in the SF Bay Area...completely different place...stores empty.

The fact that there is such a thing as “social influencer “ on social media explains a lot of what CA has become. Panicky people. There has been a run on guns here...so of course our leftist leaders have been closing them down as non essential. In San Jose the ******** Mayor actually sent the police to close a store there.

2A, self protection....eh, they frown on that here.
My son and his wife and two adult sons were down from Eureka for his daughters wedding. The wedding was cancelled because the facility where it was to be held closed down. I unexpectedly had a house full of family to feed. So I drove into town picked up three racks of ribs lettuce and a few other items, Easter candy etc. Crowd seemed about normal for a Friday. Tire shops Hardware store all open. I know it's hard to resist because California is a target rich environment for criticism but not every city in California is like LA or SF. Get away from the large metro areas and you might be surprised to find out how much you have in common with residents in our rural communities.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Thank You for pointing that out
Old 03-21-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
This statement contradicts itself- if there were "plenty" of conservative, 2A supporters in CA, then you would not be in your current predicament. You would not be "outnumbered"....
Yes, thank you.
And let's not forget the thousands, possibly millions, who "vote for a living"!

Last edited by Frank Vaccaro; 03-21-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdellis49 View Post
Thank You for pointing that out
I will agree with this also. The amount of people who don't voice their support for the 2A is massive. Many just prefer to keep it private. Don't ever assume that the narrative you see on just about every " news " station, is a true reflection of the support for guns here in CA. The 2A is very much alive here in CA.
Side note : when possible...buy American.

Thank you,

Henry

BUY AMERICAN.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:39 PM

I know of around a dozen FFL's within 5 miles of where I'm sitting in SoCal.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
I know of around a dozen FFL's within 5 miles of where I'm sitting in SoCal.

There’s also a big difference between not cal & so cal

Dont think there are a dozen ffls in the Bay Area - slight exaggeration but not by much, Lise one a month it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-21-2020, 02:54 PM
Administrator

San Francisco used to have a lot of gun stores. But a few years ago they finally drove the last one out of town thanks to onerous new restrictions like mandatory video taping of customers and tough storage laws. Seattle is the same way. I used to love going down to 4th Avenue where Warshal's Sporting Goods and Central Gun Exchange were located. Both were large and extremely well-stocked with virtually everything a gun lover could possibly want or need. Unfortunately both were eventually forced to close down and there are precious few gun shops left inside the city limits.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:53 PM

simonp67--------- Yep. SF is a gunshop wasteland. My SF Bay Area friends are mostly well-armed individuals, but yeah, no shops.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:10 PM

I panicked and bought more optics lol
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-22-2020, 01:40 AM

While under lockdown in Los Angeles, I've been enjoying the world of gun videos on YouTube. Historical stuff, lots of ballistic tests, how to videos...all very educating. Today I was looking for things to learn about my recently bought M1 carbine. One video broke down a semi auto M1 and a select fire M2. There's actually only five or six parts that makes up the difference between the models and anyone could install the changes themselves, assuming the parts were available. I'm guessing the hardest part to find would be the operating slide which has a addition feature for the select fire mode. My own M1 has the pot bellied stock with relief cut out on the left side of the wood. This model stock was the Type V, and was used on all M1 and M2 after it was introduced. The "pot belly was to add strength to the stock that was lost when the relief space was cut away for the select fire lever. While I would never make the select fire modification to my M1, its nice to know how.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:13 AM

Yes, easy peasy. So............ what are the visiting hours at your local state pen? I think yours is LAC. Not only can you learn M1 modifications, but also learn other metal work. Like making license plates.

And shanks.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
Btw, I invite anyone here to please check out the news source (RT AMERICA) wccountryboy referenced.

It's a registered foreign agent funded by the Russian government .

Does that mean it's fake news? No. But is that...........odd? Oh yeah.
Is WHO a legitimate source?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...oncerning.html

A much older article, but one that suggests the "peak" of this event in China was 30+ days ago...
Coupled with this, there's no reason to suggest that the other article, Russian source or not, is some kind of misinformation...
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 03-22-2020, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Virtually all news outlets have a hidden agenda. Why would the Russians be any different? Should I trust Putin or Xi Jinping less than I do George Soros or Michael Bloomberg? Virtually all of them try to tell me what they think I need to hear, not what I really need to know. If people blindly listen to news sources from state-run media or politically-motivated billionaires whose fault is it if they get duped?

Trust no one, and always cross-check the facts.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
While under lockdown in Los Angeles, I've been enjoying the world of gun videos on YouTube. Historical stuff, lots of ballistic tests, how to videos...all very educating. Today I was looking for things to learn about my recently bought M1 carbine. One video broke down a semi auto M1 and a select fire M2. There's actually only five or six parts that makes up the difference between the models and anyone could install the changes themselves, assuming the parts were available. I'm guessing the hardest part to find would be the operating slide which has a addition feature for the select fire mode. My own M1 has the pot bellied stock with relief cut out on the left side of the wood. This model stock was the Type V, and was used on all M1 and M2 after it was introduced. The "pot belly was to add strength to the stock that was lost when the relief space was cut away for the select fire lever. While I would never make the select fire modification to my M1, its nice to know how.
Full auto is not useful unless you have a heavy mounted gun, you will be able to eliminate targets much more quickly with skilled semi auto fire.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-22-2020, 01:18 PM

Communisticut, "The "(Un)Constitution State", is following in the footsteps of the land of fruits and nuts (Calif.).

Large numbers of convicts are being released under the ploy of "we can't protect them". (For the life of me, I don't understand that reasoning. How can you not protect people already QUARANTINED???) Any way, leo's are being committed to so many specific duties now that the rest are being told they can only arrest someone for armed robbery, rape, and homicide. Everyone else will have their info recorded, contraband taken away, and told they will be 'contacted after this all passes, for prosecution'. I can only imagine what percentage of these people will flee. Nice plan, huh?

On the up side, they haven't smeared that info all over the media......yet.

And my wife thought I was nuts for placing secured, quick-access gun safes in every room in the house. She's never liked guns, but understands me a lot better now. Just wish I could have sold her on the Belgian Malinois.

Stay safe, People.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:26 PM

Wow......😂
Old 03-22-2020, 02:09 PM

The streets here in SoCal are empty.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:52 PM

Did you see all the morons going to see the Cherry Blossoms in D.C.? Sigh
Old 03-22-2020, 02:55 PM

Well you have to look at the bright side of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns90 View Post
Communisticut, "The "(Un)Constitution State", is following in the footsteps of the land of fruits and nuts (Calif.).

Large numbers of convicts are being released under the ploy of "we can't protect them". (For the life of me, I don't understand that reasoning. How can you not protect people already QUARANTINED???) Any way, leo's are being committed to so many specific duties now that the rest are being told they can only arrest someone for armed robbery, rape, and homicide. Everyone else will have their info recorded, contraband taken away, and told they will be 'contacted after this all passes, for prosecution'. I can only imagine what percentage of these people will flee. Nice plan, huh?

On the up side, they haven't smeared that info all over the media......yet.

And my wife thought I was nuts for placing secured, quick-access gun safes in every room in the house. She's never liked guns, but understands me a lot better now. Just wish I could have sold her on the Belgian Malinois.

Stay safe, People.
At least since the passage of the affordable health care act. All of those convicts now have health insurance.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:14 PM

You're a glass half-full kind of guy, aren't you?

Oh, the glass is sitting beside a gun.

Last edited by guns90; 03-22-2020 at 03:16 PM.