Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
In my opinion my experiences have everything to do with the things I know and don't know. I'm not some one who like Trump claims he is smarter than the generals. My experience gives me insight as to what I have seen before what those things actually mean.

I salute an officer but if that officer don't know jack I don't respect the man. The man doesn't automatically qualify or become great by virtue of position but by virtue of one's actions.
Military service is good...But if you are locked into a dogma you need some additional training on critical thinking and objectivity...
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-04-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanajim View Post
combat auto, you've been drawn into an argument in which there is no hope of having your message get across. I understand your frustration, but just as minds are seldom changed on social media, sadly, minds are rarely changed here either (think back to our discussions on the NRA, of all things).

You'd think that on a forum like this, we'd be of like mind on things beyond the 2A, but the damage to our national fabric runs very deep. Those who have spent a lifetime indoctrinated are not suddenly going to see the light based on a random thread on a random gun forum. This is why I say that if we don't turn this around in the schools, there's truly no hope. The left has always started with the young because that strategy works, and it works very, very well. Everyone must talk to their kids and grand-kids and start working to offset the damage being done in our schools and colleges. Or don't. But if you don't, then stop pretending that you actually give a damn about saving what's left of this great nation. The hand of God isn't going to part the clouds and come down to save us to the sound of trumpets. It's up to us.
You are 200% right my friend (but don't give up on the Lord, he does help those who get off their butt)! I try to have some sort of rational discussion with this Gentlemen because he posts so much and so much of it is just Lefty-nonsense, not sure why it is allowed on a gun forum to such an extent. But very true, it is futile.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-04-2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Military service is good...But if you are locked into a dogma you need some additional training on critical thinking and objectivity...
Wow, you sure reversed that one. LOL
Old 06-04-2020, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
I served 10 in the USAF and I'm tired of this same back and forth all the time.

If you're going to bitch, present a solution.

So far the only one that has any hope is if 3/4 of the states sign on to a Convention of States around the topics of Term Limits and Campaign Finance Reform.

Or, you know, you can just argue back and forth till you're all blue in the face, and play the same playbook we've played post-Reagan. Which isn't working at all.

If 2020 were a fish, I'd throw it back.

But maybe not -- this year may put many minds back on the path of Reason, and that path leads to the Conservative cause.

But of course, some of you will disagree with that too. So ****ing what. Disagree all you want but you can't buck reality.
Well your sure doing the right thing with Donald Trump, NOT!!! I'd go into recommendations but I'm no genius and it appears your doing such a bang up job why should I stop you. You were here when it happened.

Reasonably and responsible choices might take time and are hard but nothing worth getting ever comes easy.

This didn't happen overnight but inflaming those you share a country with like it or hate it aint going to fix it. Especially when you choice is so antithetical to every thing American I can think of.

Choose better next time. That is if you even get the chance. Do the hard work and don't look for easy fixes. It doesn't work.

Last edited by Dddrees; 06-04-2020 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
The reason the economy has grown like crazy since 2009 is extremely simple. Every congress since Clinton has spent money like crazy. In 2009, our national debt was about $10.5 Trillion. Today, it's at $25.8 Trillion, with over $7 Trillion coming since 2016.

THAT boys and girls, is why the economy has done so well. Not because of Bush, Obama, or Trump. We've spent ourselves into prosperity, while bankrupting the following generations. To claim otherwise demonstrates a complete ignorance of fiscal and financial knowledge.
So eliminating regulations and returning and reviving manufacturing HERE vs farming everything offshore out of the country hasn’t been beneficial? Calling out China on its manipulations of everything currency and goods doesn’t help either I suppose. I dont profess to be a financial expert But the big investor firms and stock market Seem to like it. So while the debt is the gorilla in the room, we’ve all been backed in a corner with the latest disasters.

Btw, the Obama economy was the worst I’ve witnessed in my 34 years of being self employed.

Last edited by Plantar5; 06-04-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I'd go into recommendations but I'm no genius and it appears your doing such a bang up job why should I stop you.
I’m pretty sure We all would enjoy hearing your recommendations...

But thats just it, I’ve yet to hear any from you or anyone else.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
I’m pretty sure We all would enjoy hearing your recommendations...

But thats just it, I’ve yet to hear any from you or anyone else.
I gave you a few, but as I said all of you were here when this happened as well. What have you done?

Picking someone who would wish to turn this country into a third world dictatorship most certainly isn't the answer.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Well your sure doing the right thing with Donald Trump, NOT!!! I'd go into recommendations but I'm no genius and it appears your doing such a bang up job why should I stop you. You were here when it happened.
Allrighty then: This is bigger than any one man, any one President.

Do you NOT see that?

A vote for anyone BUT potus is a vote for Biden. Do you understand that?

Your hatred is blinding you to the needs of the country. We don't need Communism, and right now, right this year, if you vote for anyone but the current POTUS then you're aiding the enemy.

Deny it all you want, apply all your lefty logic, but it is the truth. This battle of ideology predates trump, and until some miracle occurs, will be still going on decades after he leaves the white house.

POTUS doesn't matter. Advancing the cause of Conservativism does. Right now the only hope of doing that is supporting President Trump, whether you like him or not.

I don't like him. YEah, I admit it. I don't listen to his speeches, I don't go to rallies, I don't even own a MAGA hat. But I am a conservative, and right now, he's all we've got, so support him!

And if not support him, support the Conservative cause.

If 2016 came down to Clinton and Romney, that idiot RINO would've gotten my vote.

2016 came down to a dark horse and Clinton. NWIH I'm voting for a Dem, so Trump got my vote. And I do *like* what he says. Us first, screw China, screw the UN and their silly gun control agreement. I hope the next candidate for POTUS on the GOP's part is this willing to stand against those who seek to remake us in the image of Europe.

You're focusing on POTUS and not on the nation. That's short-sighted.

I'm done with this discussion. It's going to get locked, guaranteed, just like all the others this topic has come up on.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 06-04-2020, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
Allrighty then: This is bigger than any one man, any one President.

Do you NOT see that?

A vote for anyone BUT potus is a vote for Biden. Do you understand that?

Your hatred is blinding you to the needs of the country. We don't need Communism, and right now, right this year, if you vote for anyone but the current POTUS then you're aiding the enemy.

Deny it all you want, apply all your lefty logic, but it is the truth. This battle of ideology predates trump, and until some miracle occurs, will be still going on decades after he leaves the white house.

POTUS doesn't matter. Advancing the cause of Conservativism does. Right now the only hope of doing that is supporting President Trump, whether you like him or not.

I don't like him. YEah, I admit it. I don't listen to his speeches, I don't go to rallies, I don't even own a MAGA hat. But I am a conservative, and right now, he's all we've got, so support him!

And if not support him, support the Conservative cause.

If 2016 came down to Clinton and Romney, that idiot RINO would've gotten my vote.

2016 came down to a dark horse and Clinton. NWIH I'm voting for a Dem, so Trump got my vote. And I do *like* what he says. Us first, screw China, screw the UN and their silly gun control agreement. I hope the next candidate for POTUS on the GOP's part is this willing to stand against those who seek to remake us in the image of Europe.

You're focusing on POTUS and not on the nation. That's short-sighted.

I'm done with this discussion. It's going to get locked, guaranteed, just like all the others this topic has come up on.
He's not a conservative. Where did you get that, because he ran as a republican?

Yeah, I'm currently focused on him. By the way it's now the Trump party because everyone fall in line since of his overwhelming support from the former republican party. Maybe that's because of all the damage he's done and capable of doing. Nothing bounds this man, because his supporters don't give him rope, they take off the leash.

Last edited by Dddrees; 06-04-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I gave you a few, but as I said all of you were here when this happened as well. What have you done?

Picking someone who would wish to turn this country into a third world dictatorship most certainly isn't the answer.
Sad, you're off your rocker and loose all credibility with these types of comments. If you ever were really in the military, maybe if you do another 20 years you might get your head screwed on correctly.

Your exposing yourself as a first class Troll.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 06-04-2020, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sad, you're off your rocker and loose all credibility with these types of comments. If you ever were really in the military, maybe if you do another 20 years you might get your head screwed on correctly.

Your exposing yourself as a first class Troll.
Yeah, those who require everyone around him to kiss his A**.

Someone who chooses to eliminate through force anyone in government who criticizes him or even a perceived slight.

Sure anyone who has to go on a campaign to discredit any all media outlets except for his state run media.

Oh yeah, the same one who has to fire any whistleblower and all those IGs.

Oh yeah, he's just clearing out the swamp. Because after all if they don't agree with him then who's to say he aint KING?

No, no this aint anywhere near what dictators try to do. LOL
Old 06-04-2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Yeah, those who require everyone around him to kiss his A**.

Someone who chooses to eliminate through force anyone in government who criticizes him or even a perceived slight.

Sure anyone who has to go on a campaign to discredit any all media outlets except for his state run media.

Oh yeah, the same one who has to fire any whistleblower and all those IGs.

Oh yeah, he's just clearing out the swamp. Because after all if they don't agree with him then who's to say he aint KING?

No, no this aint anywhere near what dictators try to do. LOL
Dictators don't follow the American Constitution, POTUS does. So your ignorant comments are just that.

As you are bearing false witness again as he is allowed to fire those he did by law (I recognize you don't agree with the rule of law when it comes to POTUS). And your false witness is only exceeded by the Lefty Media outlets, and hence he has every right as an American to call them out as fake News.

Obviously a Loony-Left-wing-Troll.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-04-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Dictators don't follow the American Constitution, POTUS does. So your ignorant comments are just that.

As you are bearing false witness again as he is allowed to fire those he did by law (I recognize you don't agree with the rule of law when it comes to POTUS). And your false witness is only exceeded by the Lefty Media outlets, and hence he has every right as an American to call them out as fake News.

Obviously Trolling.
Was he following it when he said he didn't care what the governors said he would open up the United States?

BS

He only doesn't do what he would like to do because he hasn't been able yet. If he had his choice and the ability he would be like his friend Kim and Putin.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Was he following it when he said he didn't care what the governors said he would open up the United States?

BS

He only doesn't do what he would like to do because he hasn't been able yet. If he had his choice and the ability he would be like his friend Kim and Putin.
The post is moronic and doesn't even deserve a response.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 06-04-2020 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
You're babbling in insanity.
But liking Kim and Putin what is that?

I mean I get that he got to show off his new limo, but buddying up with Kim and Putin, what is that?
Old 06-04-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
So eliminating regulations and returning and reviving manufacturing HERE vs farming everything offshore out of the country hasn’t been beneficial? Calling out China on its manipulations of everything currency and goods doesn’t help either I suppose. I dont profess to be a financial expert But the big investor firms and stock market Seem to like it. So while the debt is the gorilla in the room, we’ve all been backed in a corner with the latest disasters.

Btw, the Obama economy was the worst I’ve witnessed in my 34 years of being self employed.
Deregulation in targeted areas has helped, to some small degree, but without massive supplies of cheap money, and equally massive spending and borrowing by Congress, the regulatory changes are merely a pimple on a dog's butt.

The stock market is a bet on the future. The market is betting on a large pile of pent up demand and lots of spare cash that folks are going to infuse into the economy in Q3 and Q4.

As I've stated for the past 40 years....I'd love to see every US company pull out of China.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:20 PM

Great minds...

Quote:
As I've stated for the past 40 years....I'd love to see every US company pull out of China.
It sounds like you and President Trump have a lot in common. Brothers from another mother?
Old 06-04-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
They say hind sight is 20/20. I hope to get this in the rear view as soon as possible. What a @#$% show. From ISIS to Covid to Race. Propagating fear, that could be considered terrorism. This could be the new normal. God help us.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Deregulation in targeted areas has helped, to some small degree, but without massive supplies of cheap money, and equally massive spending and borrowing by Congress, the regulatory changes are merely a pimple on a dog's butt.

The stock market is a bet on the future. The market is betting on a large pile of pent up demand and lots of spare cash that folks are going to infuse into the economy in Q3 and Q4.

So, you agree. I forgot another important one, energy independence. Besides eradicating ISIS, This administration has freed the US from any foreign energy. No prior administration has done that. Trump has kept nearly every campaign promise he made. The 2 clinkers are healthcare (thanks John McCain)and the debt (the dems add trillions $$ at every opportunity); neither of which is his fault.

Thanks for being specific. Ddrees should take note.

Last edited by Plantar5; 06-04-2020 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:22 PM

If someone wants to see Joe Biden in the White House, it seems he should simply so state, rather than petulantly cast stones at President Trump. Otherwise, the choice is support for Four More Years.

I've read through the exchanges on the subject, and I wonder why the retinence in simply stating support for one's preferred candidate if that candidate is not President Trump. Rather obviously, the other choice is Joe Biden (by accounts of virtually all the Americans, no matter their party affiliation).

(FWIW, I'm going with Four More Years. President Trump. Same as pretty much all other 2A supporters.)

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 06-04-2020 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
If someone wants to see Joe Biden in the White House, it seems he should simply so state, rather than petulantly cast stones at President Trump. Otherwise, the choice is support for Four More Years.

I've read through the exchanges on the subject, and I wonder why the retinence in simply stating support for one's preferred candidate if that candidate is not President Trump. Rather obviously, the other choice is Joe Biden (by accounts of virtually all the Americans, no matter their party affiliation).

(FWIW, I'm going with Four More Years. President Trump. Same as pretty much all other 2A supporters.)
Pretty much sums it up, and with that, this train-wreck is now closed.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Closed Thread