Florida Stops Taking New Applications for CCW Licenses - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-02-2020, 10:10 AM

Florida Stops Taking New Applications for CCW Licenses

Why? Because the Department is headed by an elected Democrat.

From an email I received today from the NRA-ILA:

Quote:
In a letter to Governor DeSantis, Republican Party of Okaloosa County Chairman Jeff Hinkle wrote, "Commissioner Fried is using the Pandemic to forward her liberal agenda of chipping away at Floridians' Second Amendment rights and it has to stop. Please act to prevent Commissioner Fried from delaying the processing on Concealed Carry Permits one day longer."
In 2018, Nikki Fried, a Democrat won the elected office as Commissioner of the Department of Agriculture. Like all democrats, they never let a crises go to waste so they can implement their agenda.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:03 AM

She also put her smiling face on all the gas pumps. And then got told she had to take 'em down.

Guess I"ll be writing a few letters today to the Governor and others. Not much work to do even tho I still have a job.
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 04-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Administrator

I've said it here and elsewhere before, but this virus pandemic is a leftist politician's wet dream come true. Just listen to both Gov. Newsom and Cuomo, they both sound like a couple of despots at times. We're seeing how when there are times of emergency individual freedoms are the first casualty. The suppression of our 2A rights is usually the first item on their list, in order to make sure we are all kept under control.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2020, 12:57 PM

When the revenue stream starts really getting hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post

In 2018, Nikki Fried, a Democrat won the elected office as Commissioner of the Department of Agriculture. Like all democrats, they never let a crises go to waste so they can implement their agenda.
That will likely come to a screeching halt.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:44 PM

so how in the hell did ccw permits come under the control of the ag department?
Old 04-02-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveno View Post
I don't know when concealed carry permits came under the jurisdiction of the Agriculture Department, but as a data point, Charles Bronson used to be the Florida Commissioner of Agriculture.

I always got a chuckle reading his name on the pumps when filling up at the gas stations.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Because they are all Bull $#!t.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:28 PM

Wow. In Florida! This does surprise me. Good thing I already have an FL CCW permit.

Next she will shut down renewals.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:18 PM

AG Dept has always run it as long as I remember. And of course that Charles Bronson is not the one you are thinking of.

Come on guys. This is just temp anyway I'm sure if its true at all. FLA is one of the pioneers of concealed carry for all within a state. Just try to "take" it away.

Talk about political suicide.

PS. -- I voted against that new AG slob on election day so I don't feel bad.

Last edited by joebuck; 04-02-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:27 PM

Just checked the FLA AG website. If anything it looks like she is making it easier to renew after the offices reopen by waiving late fees on licenses and other things for 30 days.

So this is just more doom and gloom being spread for no reason.

As I stated she wouldn't have a snowballs chance in Hell if she screwed with the FLA CCW system.

Come on guys. Have some faith will the good old boy network and check your facts before you post BS. Link below.

https://www.fdacs.gov/News-Events/Pr...uring-COVID-19
Old 04-02-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuck View Post
Just checked the FLA AG website. If anything it looks like she is making it easier to renew after the offices reopen by waiving late fees on licenses and other things for 30 days.

As I stated she wouldn't have a snowballs chance in Hell if she screwed with the FLA CCW system.

Come on guys. Have some faith will the good old boy network and check your facts before you post BS. Link below.

Nicely done! But you know it’s hard to pass up a tinfoil hat party😂
Old 04-02-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Good question, the CCW licenses were an oddball license, unlike an occupational license or a liquor license, and so they decided to hand that to a department that was already issuing licences in other fields that had an infrastructure to take fingerprints, head shot photos, and request background checks. They have an office in most counties and so they figured that they would just let that department do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuck View Post

Waive late fees... wow isn't she generous!

Unfortunately, that means that people who have been CCW'ing for the past 7 years may not get their renewals back in time. The state law is clear, that you may not carry if your license expires. You must have the plastic ID card on you all the time when carrying.

As far as her record is concern, it is dismal. My first licence was issued and received in 10 days by mail after I visited the West Palm Beach office and got fingerprinted and photographed.

When my renewal was applied for (last year during her term), I did that via internet by uploading my most recent passport photo and electronically signing off. No fingerprints were needed because they obviously don't change and they had those on file.

This Nikki 'Slo as Molasses' Fried's administration took about 45 days to get me my renewal. Four times longer than what it took first time around when it was done from scratch with nothing on record. I applied for my renewal 30 days before the expiration, as suggested and I was sweating it for two weeks waiting after it expired. I was able to get confirmation online that the renewal had been approved, but they had a backlog. It was the first time I could not legally carry in a long time.

So the fact is there may be a number of people that will have expired CCW licenses, and if her history is any indication, and based on what the experts say about this pandemics longevity, there could be people on a huge backlog that could take several months to get their renewal. They were backed up to start with, and adding another 4, 6, maybe 8 weeks with closed offices means that 30 days is easily turned into many months.

Yeah... that is doom and gloom as far as I am concerned and the NRA also shares that sentiment, hence why they sent out that email to members.
Old 04-02-2020, 05:18 PM

I agree 100% with PolymerMan. We *cannot* let our guard down not for one second. The push back must be hard, sharp, sudden.

They're going to milk this crisis for all it's worth. That's not tinfoil hattery, that's reality.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post

I'm confused, what does the department of Agriculture have to do with CCW permits? Why would she be in a position to do anything about it?

Edit: sorry, looks like that's been covered, I'll go read it.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:12 PM

This is absurd. Is there any time that's off limits for these treasonous toads? Of course not. Same party that tied up federal aid when the county needs it the most in order to further their own cause.

"Hold up Mr. President. Before you give the tax payers some badly needed relief in the form of their own money back, we need to make sure some of our unrelated agenda gets funding and our special interests get paid. Oh, we also need to give ourselves a raise too... All of these things Mr. President, or your people starve."

Pathetic. Apologies to the founding fathers.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:13 PM

In CO. CWPs are under the jurisdictions of the county sheriffs dept. We have already had one of the more populated county’s Sheriff (Arapahoe) shut down applications and renewals until Apr. 20, 2020.
So if your permit expires before then, you are SOL. Hope that they give you a waiver so that you don’t have to go through the entire permitting process again as the rules state if your permit is past due and expired.

And no, you cannot renew in another county, it is based on your county of residence.

Last edited by Steam Boat; 04-02-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:43 AM

And there is the whole problem of asking the Govt's "permission" to exercise a "Constitutional" right. As dsk said this ridiculous virus circus is the left's best wet dream for taking more control of your "freedom". So far everyone seems to be so frightened that they're going along with it all.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:07 AM

If they quit taking applications you must not need one!
Old 04-03-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Vaccaro View Post
If they quit taking applications you must not need one!
Weren't all citizens granted one on Dec. 1791, with no expiration date?

I still don't understand how come the States and Counties can infringe on that.

I'm no lawyer, but I wish someone would tell me how come the Supremacy Clause can't be used on the 2nd. Tell the states to go suck it.

All this has gotten ridiculous. This country needs a reboot, it went off the rails during the Vietnam era.