Finally got a I need ammo call lol - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-30-2020, 04:45 PM

Finally got a I need ammo call lol

A former LEO called, they were looking for 45 acp ammo.

They recently went thru a divorce and ammo wasn’t high on shopping list

Since I haven’t had a 45 in 5 years, I sold them my last 2 boxes of fmj and 1 box of Winchester ranger jhp for the price on the boxes

Yeah I’m a nice guy lol
Snicker NO IM NOT
They got the ammo because they are a friend

Not my monkeys
Not my circus
Not my problem

Last edited by kels; 03-30-2020 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:53 PM

I let my cousin have a 1000 rounds of 5.56 yesterday for what I paid for it a while back. I had a little extra and he was in need. I really am a nice guy most of the time.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:39 PM

Sorry. I'm not sharing unless for my son or my best friend. Just because I was smart enough to stock up does not mean I sell ammo to every tom dick and harry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2020, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Sugar and Flour? Sure. Toiler Paper? Maybe. Ammo? Hello NO!!!
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:39 PM

The LGS guy that I deal with a lot.

He said that he might call me for some .22 rimfire ammo as he is clean out. Have yet to hear from him. My brother may call me, but I doubt it. Aside from on this forum I generally do not give out a lot of information about what I have.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:43 PM

I would share a little of my ammo for friends and family if they were in true need of it for protection. If for play hell no I am the only one that gets to use the ammo that I have paid for on entertainment.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:51 PM

Ammo? Oh man sorry I'm all out.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:55 PM

My friends each got 3 loaded Gen3 window P-mags since they don't have too much yet in the way of ammo devices for their ARs
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-30-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
Sorry. I'm not sharing unless for my son or my best friend. Just because I was smart enough to stock up does not mean I sell ammo to every tom dick and harry.
Actually, my cousin is my best friend and he had never owned an AR-15 until last month and had no ammo for one. I had more than enough for Chris but tom, dick and harry are out of luck.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:47 PM

Gave a box to the couple that clean my house.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:41 AM

I dont stock up on ammo. But if I skip the range I will have enough to shoot the first 150 criminals who come through my door...once. Double-tapping will take me down to 75. After that I guess I'm screwed.

Last edited by dsk; 03-31-2020 at 10:44 AM. Reason: watch the language please
Old 03-31-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
I let my cousin have a 1000 rounds of 5.56 yesterday for what I paid for it a while back. I had a little extra and he was in need. I really am a nice guy most of the time.
I just cranked out another 500 rounds and stacked it on top of the pile. I donít know your cousin and I donít ďbuyĒ 5.56!
Old 03-31-2020, 07:58 AM

I've been stockpiling since 1992. How ANYONE could've lived through 2 terms of KLIN - TON I, Y2K, 9/11, and 2 terms of the OBAMANATION, and NOT stockpiled... ... is beyond ME!
Old 03-31-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
I've been stockpiling since 1992. How ANYONE could've lived through 2 terms of KLIN - TON I, Y2K, 9/11, and 2 terms of the OBAMANATION, and NOT stockpiled... ... is beyond ME!
I totally agree but some come to the table late, and others fall on hard times. I am in the latter. I have kept most of the guns and ammo but lost all of the supplies and food.

I look at it lie this. The good Lord brought me this far, Iíll trust him to help where I have fallen short.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:17 AM

I gave someone a 1,000 rounds of 9mm 115gr FMJ just as the ammo crisis began to start.

Actually, what I did was, I bought the GF a 1,000 new rounds from Freedom Munitions. I told her to just lay low for now and conserve ammo. It's hard to replenish the ammo you've shot at a reasonable price with the shortage.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
I just cranked out another 500 rounds and stacked it on top of the pile. I don’t know your cousin and I don’t “buy” 5.56!
I buy it then reuse the brass. I have enough 5.56 components for another 1000 but after that I need more bullets. I have plenty of powder, primers and brass.

It is nice to have a pile ain't it.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
Like you I've been buying ammo since at least that long. I still remember the primer famine of 1994/95. Unfortunately I have never been able to stockpile pallets worth of ammo, as I shoot it as fast as I buy it plus I simply don't have the income to collect both guns AND that much ammo for them. Since this is just a hobby anyway I'm content to lay low during ammo shortages and find other stuff to do with my free time. As long as I've got some ammo on hand, and my defense guns are still loaded with the good stuff I'm fine until it blows over. If we ever get to a point where ammo will soon be gone for good then we have more serious problems that simply stockpiling it won't solve.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
If we ever get to a point where ammo will soon be gone for good then we have more serious problems that simply stockpiling it won't solve.
That is true and if I ever actually need all the ammo I have stock piled then I am probably over my head in very deep crap.

But if brass and copper ever take the place of silver and gold I will be able to buy plenty of TP if they have any to sale.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:25 PM

I had a few friends get their first hand guns last year. I would tell them every week or two to go out and buy some ammo. I would even give them sales flyers when ammo was on sale. I did my best to encourage them to buy a box or two every time ammo was on sale and told them not to wait until they thought they would actually need ammo.

If they don’t have any ammo, that’s on them not me. No excuses accepted.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:57 PM

My obama purchases i have yet to touch
Attached Thumbnails
ammo delivery.JPG  
Old 03-31-2020, 02:10 PM

I actually have called a couple of friends to see if they needed a box or two to tide them over, as I have plenty.

They would do the same for me. Call me crazy.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:16 PM

obammy got me back into reloading with all the ammo shortages that he caused and it had me restock both ammo and supplies. The threat of a hillary as pres got me a AR15.. Thanks to the dems, we are in good shape for the zombie and toilet paper wars of 2020.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:22 PM

I am more prepared for the zombie hord than the City of NY is for this virus. So I gave my son a case of 223, that way he can hold off the zombies until I can get to his house.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
He said that he might call me for some .22 rimfire ammo as he is clean out. Have yet to hear from him. My brother may call me, but I doubt it. Aside from on this forum I generally do not give out a lot of information about what I have.
I believe I saw plenty of .22 ammo at decent prices on Midwayusa a couple of days ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2020, 03:38 PM

i might trade some ammo for some n95 masks and a box of nitrile gloves...

Just sayin

JAG