RI Governor suspend the Constitution - Blockade of NY cars - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 11:03 AM

"What exactly makes a person "self-righteous"?

Among the motivations of a self-righteous person is to gain approval from people. He wants to look righteous, so people hold him in high regards. This is exactly what the Pharisees did."

My Comment: In other words, playing to the crowd to get approval. Using words like "taking a knee" "sheep", etc., are all known crowd pleases on gun forums.

10 DEADLIEST Signs of Self-Righteousness You Probably Don ...
https://becomingchristians.com/2017/...bly-dont-know/
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 03-29-2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:22 AM

And now the name calling begins.... not much suprise there.
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 03-29-2020, 11:22 AM

I just pray 14 days is enough .
Old 03-29-2020, 11:27 AM

Cuomo is talking about his families sausage and meatballs in the old days in his daily CV news conference...Although I love Italian food, this is a little too much on the "touchy feely" side for me :-).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 03-29-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Exactly. And now Trump says he's considering a quarantine of NYC and NJ...

Where are all of the "Don't Tread on Me" folks now?????
I brought this up weeks ago when there was first talk of travel restrictions and lockdowns.... and the response here was "meh..." However, NICS gets shut down, and everyone flips a lid....

Rather Animal Farm-esq... "All rights are created equal- but some are more equal than others".

If you're not willing to make some noise about ordered lockdowns (with criminal sanctions for violation), and closed interstate borders, you've lost all credibility on any Constitutional issue- including the 2A. You've forfeited your opinion....
‘Rather animal farm-esq’........ care to whine about name calling still?

Watch that first step off your very tall horse......it’s a lulu.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonHyphenAmerican View Post

Anecdotally, my Dads VA appointment for his Oncologist was cancelled. It has not been re-scheduled at this time.
What do you think cancellations like that are going to do to elderly Veterans dealing with chronic health issues?
I am in the same boat, Veteran, over 60+, and on chemo since 2007...It depends on your Dad's condition. If it is just a routine check up and he is doing well, I would look at it as a blessing. You don't want your Dad to go anywhere near the Health care establishment right now if he doesn't need to...If he is struggling with something and needs to see a doctor, then I do understand your concern.

My next appointment with my Hematologist-Oncologist is in May, I am doing very well, so I have NO intention of going in for a routine check-up and taking the risk of getting CV. A lot of risk, little reward. The nurse told me over the phone this week that my Doctor is now (due to CV) doing video exams over the internet for those who want them. I still think it is unnecessary, but am willing to play ball with the Dr. if it makes him happy as there is no risk, the man has to eat after all ;-)...So if your dad is having issues maybe they might consider doing something like this for him too? Can't hurt to ask.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 03-29-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:26 PM

The official word from RI is there isn’t going to be any border stoppages of NY cars.
It seems Cuomo's threat of a lawsuit carried some weight in the decision.
Strong suggestions of social distancing, appropriate travel and self quarantine are still the order and gold standard, Right NOW....
Old 03-29-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Rather Animal Farm-esq... "All rights are created equal- but some are more equal than others".

If you're not willing to make some noise about ordered lockdowns (with criminal sanctions for violation), and closed interstate borders, you've lost all credibility on any Constitutional issue- including the 2A. You've forfeited your opinion....

Law-abiding comes with being what and who we are, as a group.

If this goes on for another month... people will make noise, guaranteed. Most of them will be motivated by money - or lack of it.

But some will make noise because as you point out, this *is* unconstitutional BS.

The time is coming. It won't be this week, it won't be next, but it'll be soon.

I'm already in a pretty gnarly mood about being told what not to do.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry, USCCA
Old 04-02-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Cuomo is talking about his families sausage and meatballs in the old days in his daily CV news conference...Although I love Italian food, this is a little too much on the "touchy feely" side for me :-).
yea, I saw that live. It was so awkward. I had to turn it off. He was complaining that borders where being closed to his people and I could not help but think... you essentially close your borders to me when I carry my weapons.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:01 PM

I get the whole constitution arguments. No I do not want my freedoms crushed. But if a temporary ban on people leaving NYC (my home town) will save lives then maybe it should be done. And I will explain my reasons.

I live in OH and we are in a 2 week essential travel only. I manage a big box auto parts store. We have had customers come in for stupid crap like air fresheners and floor mats. Why? Is it essential that you have new floor mats?

People are stupid and don't get that social distancing is helping to stop the spread. Religious freedom is a corner stone of our country but really 200 plus people in one room. Now is not the time for this kind of congregating.

Rather than passing out masks how about we hand out some common sense. If people would stop thinking about themselves and more about the greater good then maybe the light bulb would come on and they would skip sunday service for a few weeks. Educate the people without media frenzy and conspiracy then maybe they would do the social distancing without being forced by the government.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
I get the whole constitution arguments. No I do not want my freedoms crushed. But if a temporary ban on people leaving NYC (my home town) will save lives then maybe it should be done. And I will explain my reasons.

I live in OH and we are in a 2 week essential travel only. I manage a big box auto parts store. We have had customers come in for stupid crap like air fresheners and floor mats. Why? Is it essential that you have new floor mats?

People are stupid and don't get that social distancing is helping to stop the spread. Religious freedom is a corner stone of our country but really 200 plus people in one room. Now is not the time for this kind of congregating.

Rather than passing out masks how about we hand out some common sense. If people would stop thinking about themselves and more about the greater good then maybe the light bulb would come on and they would skip sunday service for a few weeks. Educate the people without media frenzy and conspiracy then maybe they would do the social distancing without being forced by the government.
You just made the exact argument that the anti 2A crowd has been making for decades:

If it saves one life...
People are too stupid to be trusted...
Its "common sense"...

Same argument, verbatim- just a different right being attacked
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 04-03-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
You just made the exact argument that the anti 2A crowd has been making for decades:

If it saves one life...
People are too stupid to be trusted...
Its "common sense"...

Same argument, verbatim- just a different right being attacked
It was not my intent to come across as anti 2a or advocate suspending any rights. My point was more that stupid people are forcing these decisions upon the rest of us. For example we had a customer come in the store and told us his wife was quarantine for possible cv19. Why is he out in public as well?
Old 04-03-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
It was not my intent to come across as anti 2a or advocate suspending any rights. My point was more that stupid people are forcing these decisions upon the rest of us. For example we had a customer come in the store and told us his wife was quarantine for possible cv19. Why is he out in public as well?
Nor is it my intention to suggest that you are anti 2A- only to point out the similarities in the thought process. The justifications for each argument are the same.
You're correct- the world is full of stupid people. Stupid people commit crimes with firearms, driving the desire to restrict them. That's something we can't fix.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:27 AM

Locking down any state or town is creating some very dangerous situations.