STI Customer Service - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-31-2020, 10:08 AM

STI Customer Service

I recently purchased a new DVC L that had a small amount to trigger creep. After about 450 rounds it hadn't gotten any better so I called STI. A polite gentleman answered the phone and immediately put me thru to a gunsmith. We discussed the issue and he advised me to send the gun in. I was emailed a UPS return label the same day and the gun was received at STI the next day, a Friday. At about 8:30 am the following Tuesday the gunsmith called and said the gun was repaired and would ship back to me that afternoon. I got it the next day, Wednesday, in perfect working order. From my door and back in six days, I call that stellar service. After a nightmare experience with another manufacturer's CS, dealing with STI was a breath of fresh air. Kudos to them.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:50 PM

I'm glad you had such a good experience with "Team Staccato's" warranty service. I didn't get the same results. Let me share: Between my wife and me, we own seven STI pistols, and I couldn't be more pleased with their performance. Back when younger, I shot either an Eagle or Edge in weekly run and gun matches in and around Dallas, and to this day shoot my three STI Sentry(s) often. I find them better shooters than most of the higher end M1911s, and my .45 Sentry is more accurate than my Les Baer .45 Premier II, as test fired by me and two other shooters. I say this to prove that I am a decent STI customer. On December 18 of last year, I was shooting my .40 Sentry at a local range and my front sight broke right behind the dovetail with the fiber optic rod being the only thing holding it together. I phoned STI on the same day regarding what I considered an easy fix that should be covered by warranty. The person that took my call (I won't use names.) advised me to go ahead and use the on-line warranty claim system, and they would get back to me. I submitted the on-line warranty claim as advised, and waited until January 15 of this year and had gotten no reply at all. I went ahead and ordered a new front sight from Dawson Precision. On that date, I also notified STI and asked them to disregard my claim as I hadn't heard from them and concluded to buy the sight and install it myself. Two days later, I finally received a message from an individual at STI, with an apology. They asked for photos of the broken sights, which I sent. Along with their apology, they also said that if I sent them my address, I'd be getting a "care package". Here it is, Jan. 31st, and I haven't gotten the care package either. A bit laughable, I guess. The good news is I received the sight from Dawson Precision, installed it, and test fired it. It looks and works like new. I hope their warranty service continues to work for you guys. It didn't for me.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by throck3 View Post
I'm glad you had such a good experience with "Team Staccato's" warranty service. I didn't get the same results. Let me share: Between my wife and me, we own seven STI pistols, and I couldn't be more pleased with their performance. Back when younger, I shot either an Eagle or Edge in weekly run and gun matches in and around Dallas, and to this day shoot my three STI Sentry(s) often. I find them better shooters than most of the higher end M1911s, and my .45 Sentry is more accurate than my Les Baer .45 Premier II, as test fired by me and two other shooters. I say this to prove that I am a decent STI customer. On December 18 of last year, I was shooting my .40 Sentry at a local range and my front sight broke right behind the dovetail with the fiber optic rod being the only thing holding it together. I phoned STI on the same day regarding what I considered an easy fix that should be covered by warranty. The person that took my call (I won't use names.) advised me to go ahead and use the on-line warranty claim system, and they would get back to me. I submitted the on-line warranty claim as advised, and waited until January 15 of this year and had gotten no reply at all. I went ahead and ordered a new front sight from Dawson Precision. On that date, I also notified STI and asked them to disregard my claim as I hadn't heard from them and concluded to buy the sight and install it myself. Two days later, I finally received a message from an individual at STI, with an apology. They asked for photos of the broken sights, which I sent. Along with their apology, they also said that if I sent them my address, I'd be getting a "care package". Here it is, Jan. 31st, and I haven't gotten the care package either. A bit laughable, I guess. The good news is I received the sight from Dawson Precision, installed it, and test fired it. It looks and works like new. I hope their warranty service continues to work for you guys. It didn't for me.
I hear you on the STI Sentry. It is one of my favorites. The high polish blued sides and it is still bank vault tight after thousands of rounds. It was my first STI (I have 11 now, only 1 2011) and the Sentry and my 2 factory hard chromed Sentinel Premiers were a tremendous value for there time....you know when most people thought STI was a Subaru or the results of a questionable date.....

I always looked at STI as the best kept secret in the 1911 world. it's a shame those days are gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2020, 05:29 PM

I've only used their warranty service twice. The first time I had an issue with my Aperio in 2013 and the second time was 2 weeks ago for a magazine issue with my Staccato P. Both times the issues were corrected fast and no questions asked.