Questions Regarding the Felt Recoil of Various .45 +p Loads With a Comp - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 07:20 AM

Questions Regarding the Felt Recoil of Various .45 +p Loads With a Comp

I have always just shot standard 230 ball out of my commander, but I've recently gotten a compensator threaded onto my barrel and have been curious about the various recoil impulses of different ammunition.

For example, there are +p loads that are in the ballpark of 80 grains that supposedly go 1900fps. How would a lighter +p bullets recoil compare to a much heavier 230gr +p bullet.

One of the range masters at my local range fired my gun and said that if I used +p ammunition it may even recoil less due to more gasses being ejected through my comp.

The overall goal is to gain some understanding and push my pistol to its potential in terms of shooting it rapidly and accurately. I want to be able to potentially race it, but with sensible self defense rounds, and maximize the investment I've dumped into compensating it. Thanks for any tips and insight, I can't find anything about it on youtube.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2.png   Screenshot_3.png   Screenshot_4.png