Secondhand Enforcer - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-20-2017, 07:18 PM

Secondhand Enforcer

My lgs has an Enforcer in the case that has been there for a few months on consignment. Today I finally asked to see it. The tag on the gun says that the owner has 3000 rounds through the gun and that the gun has been refreshed, which I interpreted to mean new springs. The owner was not in and the person helping me knew nothing about the gun other than how long it has been there.

I do own a few Colt 1911s, but am far from an expert on the platform and I have no experience outside of my colts. I have always dreamed of owning a NHC, but have never been in a position financially to step up to the plate on a new one.

Hoping you guys might be able to offer some insight on what to look for and what a fair price would be.

Last edited by Hound1; 04-20-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:59 AM

Look for a new gun at 5% off. Some dealers may discount more, but most will offer at least 5% off. I just got a new T3 for $3k, retails $3,450. Sat in the shop with the trigger and hammer (and therefore slide) zip-tie locked so no monkeys could drop the slide on an empty chamber (pet peeve).
If you're still trying to put horns on a used Enforcer with 3k rounds, I'm guessing it should sell for low $2k. If anything is wrong with it, Nighthawk Custom can certainly make it right. It just might be on your dime.
As for what to look out for on a used gun, hopefully someone will chime in or, you could search the subject. I presume the dealer offers no warranty/refund/protection on a consignment piece, but ask to be sure?
NHC is an excellent manufacturer and well worth saving for. Just take your time and be certain you get what you really want, not just what happens to be out there for a possible good deal.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:59 AM

Used pistols are generally listed for 60-75% new cost.
In today's market, I doubt it would sell for much more than $2400-2600

Old 04-21-2017, 07:40 AM

Secondhand Enforcer

Thank you both for taking the time to chime in.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:51 PM

I can say as far as gun sales online (gunbroker,com ) I have been "watching" various Nighthawk Custom models for 2 years now. I am pretty familiar with "used" NHC price trends and I save the final sales price in my "watch list". The Enforcer is $3,600 new. Most "used" NHC guns have been selling between $2,200 and $2,500. A "no reserve" Brand-New Nighthawk Custom Falcon just sold for $2,275, an amazing deal.

I wouldn't go over $2,500 , unless this is the exact gun you have been waiting for. If this is your dream gun, go up to $2,750, no more.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:00 PM

Additionally, there is a used Enforcer on gunbroker right now, it comes with 2 barrels. One barrel is threaded for a suppressor. There is only one day left and it has a "buy it now" price of $2,140. The gun has moderate wear on the finish, but you can't go wrong with the "buy it" price. Here is the link.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/638882880
Old 04-21-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpaxton View Post
I can say as far as gun sales online (gunbroker,com ) I have been "watching" various Nighthawk Custom models for 2 years now. I am pretty familiar with "used" NHC price trends and I save the final sales price in my "watch list". The Enforcer is $3,600 new. Most "used" NHC guns have been selling between $2,200 and $2,500. A "no reserve" Brand-New Nighthawk Custom Falcon just sold for $2,275, an amazing deal.

I wouldn't go over $2,500 , unless this is the exact gun you have been waiting for. If this is your dream gun, go up to $2,750, no more.

Thank you. The asking price on the Enforcer is $2500. The gun looks to be in pretty good shape but I did notice some scratches on the feed ramp.

The Enforcer is not my grail gun, instead I was thinking it would be my best chance at owning a NHC.

I would buy a new Falcon for $2,275 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I wish I could get that lucky...
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound1 View Post
Thank you. The asking price on the Enforcer is $2500. The gun looks to be in pretty good shape but I did notice some scratches on the feed ramp.

The Enforcer is not my grail gun, instead I was thinking it would be my best chance at owning a NHC.

I would buy a new Falcon for $2,275 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I wish I could get that lucky...
Since it's on consignment, you can probably negotiate down to $2,400. I would not worry about scratches on the feed ramp. It's not likely to cause any feeding issues, but can be easily polished if needed.

Also check the above listing on gunbroker for comparison to the one on consignment.