NRA Advertisement Holy Cow! - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 04:30 PM

NRA Advertisement Holy Cow!

Just saw it for the first time just now on Fox News. Very VERY powerful.

Kuhl!

Can someone find a link to post?
Old 04-19-2017, 04:40 PM

I have seen NRA ads on Fox for a while now. Problem is that folks that watch Fox channel are probably already for the 2nd amendment (preaching to the choir). The NRA needs to run ads elsewhere to have more of an effect. MSNBC? Now that would be a hoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 04:42 PM

Found it.

I love this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

Is Dana Loesch married?

Old 04-19-2017, 04:48 PM

You gonna propose ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 04:50 PM

Think she's into fat old bald guys?
Old 04-19-2017, 04:52 PM

Aren't all pretty, model type girls ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 05:23 PM

The leftist liberal media would refuse to air the advertisement. The liberals do not believe in free speech unless you agree with their insanity.
But it is a good advertisement though. I like it.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlag19 View Post
I have seen NRA ads on Fox for a while now. Problem is that folks that watch Fox channel are probably already for the 2nd amendment (preaching to the choir). The NRA needs to run ads elsewhere to have more of an effect. MSNBC? Now that would be a hoot.

You are correct, this does need to be on CBS, NBC, and ABC, but they probably not run it because it conflicts with their ideas.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl o Sammich View Post
Is Dana Loesch married?
She is an interesting gal. She was a solid card carrying Liberal Democrat until she had kids and then did a 180.

She pisses of a lot of Democrats. To them she is a traitor.

I love her too.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl o Sammich View Post
Think she's into fat old bald guys?
Probably depends on how much money you have.

Quote:
She pisses of a lot of Democrats. To them she is a traitor.
That alone raises her 100 points in my book.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:52 PM

Oh boy that gives me a warm fuzzy. Could we turn that into a 90 second spot?
Old 04-19-2017, 09:01 PM

I think there is case law that has had courts forcing networks to allow advertised political messages of opposing views, in effect, broadcasting stations HAVE to allow opposing political advertising. I think this resulted in an FCC regulation that came about back in the 60's or early 70's, and is probably still in effect.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Why is the NRA getting into general political commentary? They need to be spending their money fighting proposed gun bills, not telling us what a bunch of radicals the leftists are. We already know about the latter, and those who oppose us obviously don't care.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:13 PM

I doubt that you will see it aired on any networks where the NRA does not think that the primary audience is apt to join the NRA. I am a life member and support the NRA a hundred percent. But, lets be real. The primary goal of the NRA is to promote and protect gun ownership. One of the main ways that they do this is by growing its membership and income. Size of membership = power. There would be few returns on their dollars if they air their stuff on MSNBC and the like. It would just set off an unproductive backlash from the loony liberals. You don't even have to do a focus group to know that.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:16 PM

She's an actress isn't she?

I think I seen her play a cop

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Why is the NRA getting into general political commentary? They need to be spending their money fighting proposed gun bills, not telling us what a bunch of radicals the leftists are. We already know about the latter, and those who oppose us obviously don't care.
dsk, I agree with you entirely, but the problem is the many fudds out there. The more ignorant group of fudds that have somewhat conservative views, but think MSRs are useless bullet spraying killing machines, and believe that the gun activist groups, such as the NRA are crazy immature zealots that want to deer hunt with Uzis. This is far from true. These fudds do not truly recognize the purpose of the second admendment. Hopefully messages like this will help them get their head out of yesteryear, and realize the dangers at hand. It is sad that fellow gun owners can work against us.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately I don't think that ad is going to win over many Fudds. Instead it appears the alt-right and alt-left groups in this country are hardening their bases and recruiting more members, and pretty soon this country is going to erupt in another civil war. I wish the NRA would stay out of the political posturing and do what they can to encourage Americans from all walks of life to join them and embrace their Second Amendment rights. This country is diversifying at an exponential rate, and if we can't encourage more women, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, gays, and other groups to join us at the range we are eventually going to be vastly outnumbered and thus screwed.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodinblack View Post
She's an actress isn't she?

I think I seen her play a cop

Nope. Radio host and political commentary.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Loesch

Old 04-19-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't think that ad is going to win over many Fudds. Instead it appears the alt-right and alt-left groups in this country are hardening their bases and recruiting more members, and pretty soon this country is going to erupt in another civil war. I wish the NRA would stay out of the political posturing and do what they can to encourage Americans from all walks of life to join them and embrace their Second Amendment rights. This country is diversifying at an exponential rate, and if we can't encourage more women, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, gays, and other groups to join us at the range we are eventually going to be vastly outnumbered and thus screwed.

I agree. A country of more than 309 million citizens needs to be educated about the importance of the 2nd amendment. The NRA with its 5 million members is a start, but a far cry from what is needed.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsNCrash View Post
Nope. Radio host and political commentary.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Loesch

Huh. Okay. Well sorry lol

Old 04-19-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlag19 View Post

I agree, preaching to the choir on FOX. The ad will never run on the other networks. But she can give me a sermon anytime!
Old 04-19-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodinblack View Post
Huh. Okay. Well sorry lol

No apologies. I can barely take myself seriously. 😎

I've been following her for a few months because of her history, she's smart with good insight, and a big 2nd Amendment Supporter. She is a huge fan of the reciprocity legislation and speaks out about how it needs passing immediately, very vocal. She can rip a Liberal/Democrat to pieces because she once was one. There definitely not enough ladies like this out there which is a shame.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:54 PM

Location: Where we know we belong to the land, and the land we belong to is grand.
Quote:
I feel like I NEED to counter the left and this speaks to me.Bravo Dana!
Old 04-19-2017, 11:19 PM

Political awareness is precisely what the NRA needs to promote. Unfortunately, Protecting our 2A requires a constant battle in the political arena.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:26 PM

We could sure use some help in CA from the NRA.