Bit the Bullet-a 9mm Bullet - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2017, 03:03 PM
bowzette bowzette is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Bit the Bullet-a 9mm Bullet

First post guys/gals. I recently got the 1911 bug, Bought a Ruger sr1911 CMD LW 9mm and then started doing research and learning about 1911s especially in 9mm. I decided I really "needed" a DW and the Pointman 9 was "calling" me. A couple of days ago there were 2 or 3 on GB. Maybe a listing or two on Slickguns and Ammoseek. As of yesterday Buds had one at a good price. I kept looking and procrastinating and when I looked this morning the one at Buds was sold. Nothing on Ammoseek or Slickguns and only two on GB one of which didn't look to be a dealer. So I broke the piggy bank and bought the Pointman 9 off GB. Seller didn't disclose on the listing there was an up-charge for CC so I'm mailing a check and wait ten days to clear. I have sufficient other guns to keep me "entertained" until it arrives. I glad to get this "Dan Wesson Thing" out of my system. BTW where are the DW Guardians? Not that I would consider buying one of course
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-19-2017, 07:59 PM
Silverjay Silverjay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 45
The "Dan Wesson thing" is not out of your system, just getting started. I thought the same thing when I bought my first one. I now tell my wife it is out of my system.... for this year.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2017, 10:11 PM
JNW JNW is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Upper Midwest
Posts: 113
Congrats. You'll love it! Mine is fabulous.
__________________
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke
Reply With Quote
 
  #4  
Old 04-20-2017, 02:50 AM
TobiasRathein TobiasRathein is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzette View Post
First post guys/gals. I recently got the 1911 bug, Bought a Ruger sr1911 CMD LW 9mm and then started doing research and learning about 1911s especially in 9mm. I decided I really "needed" a DW and the Pointman 9 was "calling" me. A couple of days ago there were 2 or 3 on GB. Maybe a listing or two on Slickguns and Ammoseek. As of yesterday Buds had one at a good price. I kept looking and procrastinating and when I looked this morning the one at Buds was sold. Nothing on Ammoseek or Slickguns and only two on GB one of which didn't look to be a dealer. So I broke the piggy bank and bought the Pointman 9 off GB. Seller didn't disclose on the listing there was an up-charge for CC so I'm mailing a check and wait ten days to clear. I have sufficient other guns to keep me "entertained" until it arrives. I glad to get this "Dan Wesson Thing" out of my system. BTW where are the DW Guardians? Not that I would consider buying one of course
It hasn't left.your system. It's just getting started. Ask me how I know.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:23 AM
CT Specialist CT Specialist is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: CT
Posts: 109
Bought my first DW two months ago. Now I have blued Valor in 9mm on layaway. Trust me there will be more to come, but congrats on the purchase!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:16 AM
bowzette bowzette is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Thanks. Off to the bank and post office to "pay the piper". I figure this is costing me around seven thousand rounds of 9mm!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:12 PM
Tango3's Avatar
Tango3 Tango3 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Michigan
Age: 66
Posts: 3,114
Congratulations! It's an outstanding pistola and you're gonna LOVE IT. Enjoy!
__________________
Kimber; Dan Wesson; Les Baer; Para; Coonan; Luger; Remington; Ruger
When it comes to sheep, they often feel that even a shepherd lobbing hand grenades at them is better than no shepherd at all..
NRA Member
COTEP Member #CBOB0698
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:30 PM
apipeguy apipeguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Michigan
Age: 61
Posts: 1,649
Recently picked up a 9mm 1911 after being a die hard 45 guy. They are really fun and soft shooting, enjoy.
__________________
David

NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 PM
ACP16 ACP16 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 31
Congrats on your new purchase! I too have been considering a 1911 in 9mm but haven't shot one yet to see what its like. I understand the DW "calling me" part. I hadn't even heard of Dan Wesson 1911s until I came across a DW Guardian for sale and fell in love with it. The only thing stopping me from having more so far is lack of funds...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-20-2017, 03:00 PM
1911STLMO 1911STLMO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2
DW thing is hard to control and don't think it only happens once. In fact, wait until the STI thing happens- then you are in deep trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-20-2017, 05:08 PM
pjocct pjocct is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Augustine, FL
Posts: 34
One is never enough regardless of manufacturer. I have 2 DW's both Guardians, one in 9mm and the other is a 38 Super! Both are SUPER!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-20-2017, 05:59 PM
Sparkyg Sparkyg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Ha ha! Silver jay is absolutely correct. I bought my first 1911 right after Christmas. Got my first DW in February, now I have three DWs and lusting for more.... My only problem is trying to explain to my son why the Easter bunny stole his piggy bank☹️
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 PM
cidcw4 cidcw4 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 42
Have had my DW Guardian in 9mm for a while. Great shooter, very comfortable.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:12 PM
bowzette bowzette is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkyg View Post
Ha ha! Silver jay is absolutely correct. I bought my first 1911 right after Christmas. Got my first DW in February, now I have three DWs and lusting for more.... My only problem is trying to explain to my son why the Easter bunny stole his piggy bank☹️
Sparky I'm sure you can stop anytime you really wanted to-right
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:12 PM
bowzette bowzette is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
What a bunch of "enablers" !
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-20-2017, 06:30 PM
Sparkyg Sparkyg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
I knew I was in trouble when the manager at my LGS started calling me to tell me about new arrivals. I tried to get help, but he the only support group I could find was the NRA!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:03 PM
OlympicFox OlympicFox is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Olympic Peninsula, WA
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911STLMO View Post
DW thing is hard to control and don't think it only happens once. In fact, wait until the STI thing happens- then you are in deep trouble.
Ah yes. I think it was sometime after the 5th Dan Wesson, that the first STI came home.
__________________
Steve
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-20-2017, 08:51 PM
Sparkyg Sparkyg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Bowzette, enjoy your PM9. Hope the wait is bearable.

OlympicFox, I've been fondling STIs for months, which brings me to my only question.
ANYONE WANT TO BUY A KIDNEY OR LIVER ? Cash or PayPal....
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-20-2017, 11:20 PM
demirosapat demirosapat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 129
You all are making me feel like a peasant. I have a Colt Wiley Clapp LW Commander in 45acp and a 1976 regular Colt LW Commander also 45acp. These are my carry guns. I considered a 9 mm 1911 okay for girls. I'm now older, and at least in this one way a little wiser. With old sore hands now, I acquired and use a Colt Commander 9mm in steel for practice. You'll love your 9mm for the easy way it shoots.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-21-2017, 06:23 AM
Billy1911 Billy1911 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,203
Have you tried GRAB A GUN .
http://grabagun.com/firearms/handgun...nufacturer=238
__________________
Obi-Wan Kenobi : Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?
SACS-RO Champion / SACS -Mod Longslide / SACS TGO-1 / SACS Professional w/rail / SA TRP / Wilson CQB / Kimber CDP II / HK P30L / DW Target .
Lots and Lots of plastic army men with a Guns of Navarone play set / A huge Star Wars Clone Army fighting with the Jedi Pre-order 66
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-22-2017, 08:57 PM
captaint captaint is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 105
bozette - I have 3 DW's and my latest is my PM9. It is my favorite DW and my fav 9mm. We can just shoot them all day with no fatigue... provided we have ammo. So I cast my own bullets and keep the cost per round down to about 3 grains of powder and a primer. The brass can be reloaded many times. Great fun..... enjoy yours when it comes...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-22-2017, 09:47 PM
bowzette bowzette is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1911 View Post
Billy if the question is directed to me I avoid Grabagun as it is in Texas and I would have to pay 8.25% sales tax.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-22-2017, 09:54 PM
bowzette bowzette is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaint View Post
bozette - I have 3 DW's and my latest is my PM9. It is my favorite DW and my fav 9mm. We can just shoot them all day with no fatigue... provided we have ammo. So I cast my own bullets and keep the cost per round down to about 3 grains of powder and a primer. The brass can be reloaded many times. Great fun..... enjoy yours when it comes...
Years ago I did some reloading for a rifle with a single press. I may get into reloading with multi stage press but it looks like for 9mm the saving isn't great if you don't cast your bullets as you do. I've been buying Freedom Munitions 9mm 124 new manufactured for .19 cents. I've been saving my .38 brass 'cause it cost around .28 cents just in case I decide to reload and the fact that I don't have to chase down the .38 cases.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved