"My name is Tray and I'm a 45aholic" - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 08:10 AM

"My name is Tray and I'm a 45aholic"

Made the mistake of stopping by one of my LGS this past weekend with cash in my pocket and sitting in their case was one of my "bucket list must have" guns LNIB at a unpassable price. S&W 1911SC Commander E Series. I don't believe the previous owner ever shot it, it's that perfect w/o a mark, nick or scratch on it! I have been wanting this gun for a couple of years now so in reality it wasn't an impulse buy, glad I snatched it up and can't wait to shoot it. I couldn't imagine the detail that has gone into this gun and the trigger it has, this thing is as nice as any 3k gun I've ever handled, kudos to you S&W! The only negative is the turkey kept the really nice mags it came with and traded it with one no-name cheapy, but that's easily rendered. The obligatory pic.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170415_153943_926[1].jpg  

Last edited by tray burge; 04-17-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:26 AM

Very nice. Congrats!
Old 04-17-2017, 12:31 PM

Excellent find, congrats!!!!! Those E-Series guns are fantastic pistols. It's unfortunate how they continue to fly under the radar for many shooters. S&W really should kick their marketing up a notch.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:50 PM

I just picked up the same gun. It has been on my radar for over two years. Handled one at LGS then it was gone. Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore has had them on backorder or "notify me when avail". Bought the new M&P 2.0 40SW with the 5 inch barrel, needed some 40, went back to the LGS to get said 40,,,,,and the 1911 was back. Had to do it. Love both guns